OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 1/14/2013 6:46:00 PM

It is strange reading all of the negative reviews. It is the second nail polish that I have ever used and I like it. It makes my nail polish last for 2 weeks. That fact alone makes me put up with the long lasting drying time. I donít have any bubbles either. My first top coat was China Glaze and I hated it because after just two days of wearing it would crack very bad and looked like a cracked glass on my nails. The problem that I have with OPI is that it is sensitive to rubbing alcohol kind of like to the nail polish remover and when you would have nail design with different colors it would smudge the colors. But I really like the 2 weeks lasting effect!

on 1/1/2013 3:23:00 PM

This top coat spreads easily, is not too goopy, and smooths out the layers of polish underneath. Leaves a moderately glossy but not very shiny finish.

It's a decent top coat when the job is finished - IF you have time to wait around for it!! Unfortunately, it takes a terribly long time to dry. I wouldn't go to bed for *hours* after using this. It's bound to leave sheet marks.

Wouldn't buy again, there are better options out there.

on 11/18/2012 5:43:00 PM

I do not like this at all.. It is thick, takes forever to dry and the shine is not overly impressive. Overall it's not bad if you want to wait around for it to dry but I can't be bothered. Usually keeps my polish 3-5 days depending but I don't think it is worth the wait and the price.

Its not impressive. There is no shine and the drying time is incredibly long. There is no smooth finish and its over priced when there are over top coats out there that is cheaper and would do a much better job. Do not buy!

on 11/9/2012 12:14:00 PM

Thankfully I got this in a mini bottle in the neon collection. Always been wanting to get it and I'm so happy I got a mini to try out first.

I won't recommend this to anybody. It's so thick and takes forever to dry. The shine is not as impressive as other. I would recommend SV instead but some do not like the ingredients. Sally Hansen works wonders too as an alternative

on 10/21/2012 4:10:00 PM

I bought this thinking it would be great because they do great nail polish. When applying it, it pulls off your dry colour underneath and then after that it doesn't even dry. I used it in the morning, and it still hasn't dried properly by evening. I can put little dents in it and it starts to pull off if I catch my nail against something hard. Really not worth what it costs and I wouldn't recommend it.

on 10/21/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Swapped this, it bubbled and seemed like it never dried! A whole day later, pressure on my nails would leave a dent. Just get seche vite and never look back!

on 10/20/2012 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought the OPI top coat along with the natural nail base coat when I was first getting into nail polishes. I used it for a few months, but I just got frustrated with it because it takes forever to dry, and the finish is no better than some cheap drugstore brand top coat. It does the job, but certainly not well. I had to use drying drops because it took that long to dry. Personally, I like top coats that dry quickly, and the OPI top coat is definitely not one of them.

on 10/13/2012 10:21:00 PM

I am recovering from gel nails and have been using regular nail polish to do it. Applying this top coat a few times over the week makes my nails feel like a gel manicure. I apply it on the edge and the chips are few and far between.

on 9/13/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the worst top coat I have ever used. Like most of us, I bought it because I love the OPI colours. The first few uses were OK, but then... the top coat got SO thick and gloopy that itactualy ruined my mani! The polish on my nails was dry, and when I ran the top coat brush over my painted nails it kind of "pulled", or "brushed" the nail polish off! Takes forever to dry. I don't understand what went wrong for OPI to make such an inferior product.

Top Rated OPI Products