August 1, 2014 | 1838 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

save your time and money, do not buy this! this stuff does NOT dry at all, even after several hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by smanha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- application brush is clear and glides easily across nails

Cons:
- takes WAAAAAAAY too long to dry!!!

As a college student, I need a top coat that dries quickly. This one does not. This top coat seems better than the Essie No Chips Ahead I previously used, but I need something that dries faster.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yikes. This stuff doesn't dry. The only thing I can use it for is to fill in topcoat-eating glitter, which then must be topped with a fast-dry topcoat. The only good thing about this is it's brush. I might use it to franken with because it does NOT work as a topcoat.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Pokica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very dissapointed. This tc is horrible!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this top coat thinking that a brand with good colours will also make a good top coat. In the beginning the top coat worked really well, my nails didn't chip for over a week. But after a couple of uses, the formula became very thick and it just wouldn't harden. It was as if the top coat was a gel that you can press in. Even when I applied it during the day, when I woke up the next day my nails were dull and dented from sleeping.
Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Manoojii

I bought 2 OPI Top Coat bottles; the one with the silver top; At first, it was brilliant! Dried magnificently well, i had no chips (7+ days). As soon as i got halfway through the bottle, bubbles began to appear on my manicure, with the usual goopyness after a few uses.

The usual top coat bottle with the black cap was completely useless! My nails NEVER dried! I was onto the second day and my polished nails were still getting dents. I hate it! Never looking back.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by lovinvanilla

Wow, this is bad! I purchased this thinking OPI makes great polishes in general, so their top coat must be good. Boy was I ever wrong! It is thin, not very glossy and doesn't seem to dry at all. Even after letting each layer of my mani dry for 15 minutes between applications and before applying this, two hours later the polish was still soft to the touch. Would never recommend this to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by hippie_sotong

I bought my very first two bottles of OPI topcoat simply because I thought it would go well with OPI nail polishes. I'm so wrong! My polishes never seem to dry properly (takes the whole night to completely dry to touch) and it bubbles. My polish doesn't seem to be able to look flawless because of the slow drying time. And, if u take apply the top coat in three or more strokes, it actually lifts the color polish below and the bottle of top coat ends up stained eventually.
I'm currently using seche vite and I'll never look back!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by meowjennkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very simply, this is a horrible top coat. I tried different methods and the outcome was always the same: bubbles and never seemed to dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kittyminx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start out by saying that I have never used this as a "stand-alone" topcoat. Whenever I do my nails I top the polish with a quick-dry immediately (almost always Seche Vite). And then, if I wear the polish for more than a day I will add a coat of OPI topcoat as a refresher. This is where this topcoat really shines. It never gives me shrinkage, over my already dry manicure it dries really quickly (around 15 minutes until it won't dent), and it is incredibly shiny. I have tried it over many drugstore and salon brands including OPI, Zoya, Essie, Chanel, China Glaze and Deborah Lippmann and it always yields the same shiny chip-resistant results. Quick dry topcoats aren't meant to be put over dry polish, so this is perfect when I need to maintain the shine. It is also nice and thin so subsequent coats don't make my nails look thick. I probably wouldn't use this as my regular topcoat but it is my perfect refresher topcoat. I will repurchase when my bottle runs out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No