September 23, 2014 | 1086 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Precious Metals

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2005 7:32:00 PM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I don't regularly use shimmering nude colors or cream shadows, but these I just had to try after I received it as a gift. The colors are so pretty especially when you are a little tanned, and really made my bluegreen eyes pop. BUT : it creased. Big time. I put it on before work and after two hours even my eyeliner disappeared! I always use a primer, and nothing ever creases with it on. I have tried with powder on top of the primer and to be carefull with application, and it gives me one hour more or so before creasing. I have also tried to use it as an enhancer, and this also gives a new dimension to old shadows I have laying around - but it still creases. I guess I will be using it when I know I won't be out long, because the shadows are incredibly beautifull the three hours it stays on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by happyworldz

A little bit of this goes a long way. My favorite thing about this eyeshadows is its shimmery effect. It's also very easy to apply with the finger. Apply in moderation and it'll last all day. Use concealer as an eyeshadow base if necessay. One lippie off for the ugly red/bronze shadow. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this for about two years now and I still have plenty left. This was my first illuminance shadow product and I love it. I love the colors because they're very versatile. I usually use them as base and layer a bit of similarly colored dry e/s on top. This minimizes creasing (though it still happens, but that happens to me with any shadow) and makes the color stand out more. I find the shimmer to be minimal enough to wear in the day time as well. I like the no frills packaging. The shadow is easy to get to. Will repurchase once it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2004 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Katie4098

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My two favorite eyeshadows are included in this convenient palette. Whenever I want my eyes to look really sultry, I use the shimmery brownish shade over the whole eyelid, including browbone, with black eyeliner on upper and lower rims, followed by two-three coats of black mascara. Sounds like a lot, but the effect is truly stunning and well worth the effort. The other shade I love is the gold, for a lighter look. It doesn't look really metallic gold so much as a gold-toned, slightly buttery shade. I'm not crazy about the other two shades- a silver and burgundy shadow, but it is well worth the purchase for the other two. It does crease slightly if you put a lot on; the key word is moderation. Just use your finger to rub a light wash over each eye and it will look fantastic and last nearly the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2004 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Babsiegrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really nice product. There are 4 colours in it- one a slightly gold neutral, two browns and a grey. They are all very shimmery and sparkly so are great for going out at night. What I really like about this product though is that it says on it that it is suitable for contact lens wearers. I have never experienced any problems with my contacts while wearing it. Plus it lasts for ages. I've had mine for over a year now and I go out a lot!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Adara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmm. I tried on the blue one. It disappeared. Seriously. It just vanished completely, and all that was left was glitter particles, but the colour was no where to be seen~ I have tried other Illuminance quads before, but've never experienced this till now. Sigh. The other colours in the quad vanished in the same way.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2004 7:00:00 AM More reviews by shejustlaughs

Well.. the colors are very pretty, actually flattering to my light-medium skin. But they do fade and crease occasionally. If I find a way to make them last longer, I *might* buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2004 4:44:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyBebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very impressed. I used the other creme shadows before & did not like them but these I like very much. I love the colors & they stayed put! No creasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2003 7:05:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These have been a constant lemming of mine, but after reading the reviews i was set on NOT buying it. Well, I was at Rite Aid and all the Revlon stuff was %40 so I just HAD to pick this up. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but this is such a great eyeshadow! The colors are just sooo beautiful. I especialy like the rosy colored one on my lid, and the gold as a highlighter. I didn't have a creasing problem with these, like many others have said. When I looked closely I did notice it crease the *slightest* bit, but it wasn't noticable because of all the shimmer. I will be buying other colors!