Coty Vanilla Musk

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/14/2005 10:15:00 AM

This is a review for the parfum version. Not the most offensive of the many vanilla musks out there, but not really a good fragrance, either. It starts off pleasant enough, with a cinnamony vanilla and not that much else. But the fragrance turns horribly as time passes, smelling sharp and artificial. Cheap in many ways. Not for me.

on 8/28/2005 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Vanilla Musk was a big improvement over Vanilla Fields in that it lacks the pungent sharpness of the latter. Fragrance notes include natural vanilla, musk, sandalwood and cedarwood. This fragrance is fairly linear and leans toward the sweet side. I wore Vanilla Musk daily during my "vanilla everything" phase right after it was launched. Then everyone else started to wear it, too, and it became too common. After finishing my bottle, I was happy to move onto more sophisticated fragrances. I understand that Coty has discontinued production of Vanilla Musk, so if you like it, now's the time to stock up!

on 7/16/2005 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Yum! I have always passed this one up without a sniff but did today on my "musk hunt". I am not a fan of vanilla on its own or as a main note, but I liked this! and it is a cheapo coty scent. Weird! This would layer nice with some other smells in the winter. I think this might be too strong for warm weather. I will revisit and perhaps purchase when cooler weather arrives.

on 2/12/2005 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice, ,sweet, pleasant vanilla scent. It is fairly one-dimensional, but still nice...kind of like sugar cookies with a hint of musk. It is too one-dimensional for me and I would get tired of wearing it too often, but I think it is a good perfume for someone on a budget-simple, sweet and pleasant.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i, too, wore this in high school and just rediscovered it!! I must say....for a cheap brand that i got from a drugstore....this is a pretty decent scent...i can definitely smell the vanilla (which i absolutely luv) and i can distinguish the hint of musk...comes in a 1.7 oz bottle......i find this to be more of a "wintery" scent........its not my staple scent and i cant imagine myself using this forever...not the type of scent i would buy continously...it turns rancid as the day progresses....

on 9/4/2004 7:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used to use this in high school and then I forgot about it. I just found my bottle of it the other night, and I'm in heaven! A wonderful vanilla scent, with not too much musk.

on 6/12/2004 3:12:00 PM

I just rediscovered this one and am very pleased with it! The price can't be beat! This one really lasts on me too!

on 5/28/2004 4:28:00 PM

My favorite old standby, the one I always go back to when I'm tired of everything else. It's warm and sexy and I always get tons of compliments when I wear it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff!I'm a vanilla-olhic. If it has vanilla in the name,I'll try it!I'm glad I tried this.Long lasting,light-people can't smell you a mile away,look at each other asking "what is that smell?" They just know you smell good. Get compliments all the time. Best one from my DH who adores this stuff! Whenever I want to get ...ahem... romantic, this assures a positive outcome every time!!!!

on 3/12/2004 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the cologne that you dab on and the hand cream. I think the hand cream does smell nice.
Has a vanilla smell with a touch of musk. The cologne is OK, but I like the hand cream much better.

Popular Fragrances