Bumble & Bumble Sumo Tech

4.4

Water, Lanolin Wax (Lanolin Cera), Alcohol Denat, Cetearyl Alcohol, PVP, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Tridecyl Stearate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprate/Hexacaprylate, PEG-8 Beeswax, Ceteareth 25, Fragrance, Tridecyl Trimellitate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben

This stuff is GREAT for piecing, texturizing and adding volume.

on 4/30/2003 2:59:00 PM

This is the BEST hair product I have ever used... I have tried just about everything to get my thick wavy/curly hair under control. You know how layered curly hair will often settle into these lame looking, frizzy half-curls? Even with smoothing products I still couldn't get the shape and definition I wanted. This instantly gave me flapper ringlets - I looked like I had just walked out of a salon just from rubbing this stuff in my hair. It's very thick and works well if you mix it with Prep or Tonic (or water would probably work just as well) to make it easier to spread. And I kinda like the smell. I just can't believe my B&B stylist never thought to use this on me before. Rave!

on 2/19/2003 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love everything about this product except it's MANLY SMELL. Other than that, it's a lovely, lightweight styling paste that creates lovely definition and style that you can still run your fingers through. Nice stuff.

on 1/23/2003 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product gives my hair a nice piece-y, intentionally messy look that I love, and it doesn't weigh it down like a wax. The smell is questionable, but it's not necessary to use a lot, so I don't think it's even noticeable. This is a must have for short or medium length, layered hair.

on 9/9/2002 10:55:00 PM

This product works like a wax without giving your hair the greasy look, but leaving it with a matte finish. Also, it is lighter than B&B's regular hair wax, with better hold. I have short hair and like that messy flipped out look and this is the best product I've found, having tried many waxes, pastes, pomades, etc. A little expensive at $20 a tub, but it will probably last about 6 months... so well worth it. The real downside is that it smells like a men's product, and the scent is really strong. But I would sacrifice smell that for the great hold.