October 22, 2014 | 1647 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kirad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the lightest color Laurel Nude is perfect for me. using it wet gives a nice finish but i find it that using it dry is great for everyday wear. so far it hasn't looked cakey or too powedery and I'm pretty happy with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color selection is horrible. I'm pretty pale and the lightest shade is orangey-pinkish. It looks like I'm wearing powder and doesn't cover that well. It looks very un natural. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by violetrunner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought my fourth pan of this foundation - it is the best. I have pale skin with cool undertones and almost nothing matches, but this does. I also agree with other reviewers who say this goes on a little powdery. It does, but if you buff it in a little with a good flat-topped brush it will set to a really nice finish in about 30 minutes - just about the time it takes to finish up your face, grab breakfast, take out the dog, and leave for work! I hate the way liquid foundations feel and this is such a nice alternative - my HG.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are considering a foundation, contour, bronzer, or concealer this is worth a look.
This is lightweight , but can be made darker if you wet the sponge before applying. The sponge itself is soft, and has rounded angles making it an okay option for applying the powder. There are a wide variety of shades that can cover almost all skin tones except very dark. Upon application the area looks shadowed and natural.
To my knowledge most of the ingredients were pretty beneficial and consisted mostly of anti-inflammatory, and sunscreen.
The one problem with it is the texture can feel grainy at times.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by KayBella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Add me to the list of people that LOVE this foundation! I got Laurel Nude for my NW20 skin. I have used MAC mineral foundation, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, Revlon ColorStay, Alima Pure and by far this is my favorite. I apply the foundation dry with my kabuki brush, and can get amazing coverage that way without looking too over the top (essential for my conservative workplace). I am sold on this!!

Changing my review to a 3. After wearing this for a while, I notice that it settles into my lines, and I don't like that! Will keep for weekend wear when I want a lighter foundation, or even just powder. But I am going back to my Alima foundation for the work week...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by missalexandre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this! I ended up getting this for free; I had a $5 off of $10 coupon at Ulta, and it was on sale for $4.99. I usually use Revlon Colorstay but its a little heavy for everyday, so I grabbed this remembering it got good reviews on here. Beautiful coverage and finish on my combo, extra sensitive skin, plus no irritation! I got it in cypress beige, and while it could be a bit more yellow, it still looks good in natural light. I think the neutrality of the foundation helps me pull off more colors too.

EDIT: This is my new HG. All of my little clogs that have plagued me forever are GONE. Liquid foundation was probably the culprit. No new big bumps either! I have gotten compliments on my skin for the first time in a while. This can go on a little powdery but in about half an hour it sets to the most natural, beautiful satiny finish while still covering!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by avidswapper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shades in this line are all pinky... too pinky for my pale olive skin. Other than that, I like the nice quality packaging and the option to purchase refills for less money than an entire compact. Talc is the first ingredient which scares me off a bit since that's been known to cause clogged pores for me in the past. Nice dupe for Lancome Dual Finish.

EDIT: the talc in this did in fact cause issues for my skin. It's no longer in my collection :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jekm2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I dont even want to write this review in fear of having to do an update tomorrow that says it broke me out....cross my fingers that won't happen. This stuff is amazing, I mean WOW!!! I bought in cypress beige which is a perfect match for my 1.5 complexion which gets fairly tan in the summer. My complexion looks flawless, so simple to apply...hot hot hot here and no budging....I used it dry and love it so much I don't know what the advantage of wet would be, maybe I will try but for now I am completely satisfied. I am so tired of paying $$$$ for make up that only does an okay job. Read reviews on this last year and have put off buying until now. Really, I can't imagine someone being disappointed in this unless it breaks you out....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: I adored this powder foundation when used dry, but HOLY COW...when used wet, it's even better. Gives such a flawless finish to my face without looking cakey or dry (not that it did this dry) and lasts much longer without having to blot away oil. AMAZING.

Ever since I fell in love with powder foundation, I've been on the hunt for new ones to try. I heard good things about this one so I gave it a go. I believe I got the color Everlasting Tan and it is a pretty good match for my NC35 skintone.

The powder is very finely milled, with little fall-out when you swirl your brush into the pan.

It's medium-full coverage and can look cakey if you apply it with a heavy hand. Lasts all day.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by latoyaoneall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this compact powder sooo very much!!! It definitely controls my oily skin and makes it look flawless! I also love the fact that you can buy refills for when you run out.(I'm gonna have to, because I've hit pan) This is my HG powder!

**Update*** Used this wet for the first time today, and boy oh boy does this stuff cover up imperfections! My skin stayed flawless and oil free for most of the day (I have suuper oily skin) I won't be going back to my other foundations!!!