Clarins Loose Face Powder

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Silk Powder (Serica), Zinc Sterate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydroxylated Lanolin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Petrolatum, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Calcium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Farnesol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake.

on 3/31/2005 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I recently purchased the Clarins Loose Face Powder in 01. So far I am very happy with my purchase. The powder is finely milled. The container it comes in is square on the outside but the inner compartment that holds the powder is round...a unique looking container.

Great face powder! Controls oil better than all the other powders I've tried, and leaves a very natural finish. I wouldn't quite call this a HG because I still have to reapply on my nose by about noon, but the best that's out there yet. So far I've tried Clinique's and SK, I may try Cargo's before I declare this the best out there. Super expensive too ($47 CDN) so I hope there is a cheaper option out there. Until then, I'll give it 5 stars, will update later.

on 2/15/2005 12:12:00 PM

I have a combo/oily skin and I like to use loose powder after makeup to keep shine at bay for a while (I always need two or three touch-ups during the day to control oil showing on my T-zone). With other powders I've used, the initial feeling was a bit cakey and the driest patches stood out a bit too much, but I considered necessary to use them because of my shine problem. Well, this one from Clarins is a finely milled powder which leaves an incredibly velvety feeling on your skin, without any dry patches standing out. I love the smell too. I definitely need touch-ups during the day, but it does a great job making your makeup look nicer a long time.

on 2/1/2005 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thank for MUAs' recommendation . I think I found tmy holly grail loose powder, I have tried BB ( it is too yellow and NOT well milled) Clinique blended face powder for several years ( oil-controlling power is not very strong) Origins' all or nothing ( the very best powder, but it look ashy and dark on my skin) I have no choice but chose this Clarins's loose powder base on good reviews here. OMG, I am very impressed when I first put it on, it makes my skin glows ( the powder's is light rose color), needless to say how well milled the powder is. Ladies, I urge you to give it a try--I swear you won't get disappointed!!

on 12/17/2004 5:22:00 PM

Too bad that this product is not on top 10 of the Most Reviewed list - it should be (and with favorable rating) because like the others have said, it is one of the better quality loose powders out there . it is translucent with velvety texture . you can rub it in,brush it on, or pad it on and still get the natural fresh baby- soft look (warning: for those of us with super oily skin, the "air-brushed" look lasts approximately 1-2 hrs, but it's okay by me, since i stopped having high expectations for cosmetic products lol) (the trick is to brush off the excess with a good brush afterward). ever since i started using this (2 years ago), i stopped looking for another loose powder, reasons being: no pore-clogging, tolerable fragrance, and beautiful performance , although i'm not crazy about the humongous, and loosely-lidded container .

on 10/13/2004 7:18:00 AM

I've bought this twice and I still like it a lot because it's one of the finest, most velvety powders. The 01 shade reminds me of T.LeClerc translucide loose powder. It's a light peachy tone that adds some radiance without turning "orange" like the Clinique powder. The lightest 01 shade may not suit a PPP but great for a LLL or FFF. But I like the fact that it sets my makeup for an entire day, unlike my Clinique powder that oxidises and my T.LeClerc that was so drying and broke me out. This Clarins powder is just great in every aspect. Wish it had come in a lighter shade because there are days I just wanna stay porcelain fair.

on 7/30/2004 2:15:00 PM

This is a very nice, light, finely milled powder, has a nice mattifying effect. However, I don't care for the perfumey smell of this powder, and because of my hayfever, can't wear this in the summertime.

on 6/16/2004 6:52:00 AM

Luv this powder! Keeps the oiliness at bay. The packaging's quite luxurious but too big and slippery.

on 5/18/2004 10:41:00 AM

WONDERFUL loose powder. The finish is great, the color match is perfect (I use the darker of the two transluscent shades on my MMM-Asian skin) and my skin looks amazing and velvety. I discovered this product quite accidentally. I needed a loose powder and went to an all-day department store beauty event. Normally I would have already checked the reviews on something before purchasing, but since I was getting a Clarins facial, I thought I should check out their loose powder before seeing the reviews (which are, not coincidentally, all favorable). I'm glad I did. I'm not a fan of the bulky packaging (it took a while for me to realize the top screws open, I just about pried the thing open!) but I'll tolerate it given the results.

on 4/15/2004 9:59:00 PM

This is a really nice loose powder. I have combination skin with a very oily t-zone, and this does help control the oil! This was the first Clarins product I have tried, and I am impressed!

Recommended for Normal Skin