Mary Kay Eyeliners

on 9/9/2007 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great price, for a product that does stay-put all day. My first couple of applications I used a lighter hand and the colour (a grey metallic colour) seemed too light and too metallic. Applying with a heavy hand delivers a better result, the colour is darker however the line is thick. Fine for me, but might not suit others. Good thing about this product is it doesn't flake off at all or give you panda eyes, and it's inexpensive.

on 6/18/2007 1:21:00 PM

I didn't expect too much of the eyeliners (and I'm reviewing the updated version), but I'm really impressed. The eyeliners are creamy (so they don't pull) but are firm enough to have control. I really like the new beige color and the violet. I like them more than my standard Clinique eyeliners and they cost less. Win-win!

on 4/28/2007 10:22:00 AM

it is very creamy, never tugs, and they are very pigmented. they are not waterproof so will not last forever, but they almost will if you cover them with eyeshadow.

on 4/8/2007 11:38:00 PM

I love these eyeliners! I have them in almost every color. These eyeliners go on with ease and are less likely to smear than other brands I have tried. Make sure you replace the cap after each use because they will dry up, making it almost impossible to apply.

on 3/8/2007 1:11:00 AM

Too hard to use and I found it did not last. I really wanted it to work.

I found an 3 PC All day eyeliner kit that just really lasts and works for me.
It is by a company called Beautiful Eyes and the Hotlashes web site carries it.

It comes in different shades with a Brush, Eyeliner and All Day sealer.
Love this kit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First off, let me just say HG! I used to use Lancome's Khol, but I always had to reapply it, because it just melted and bled away. Mary Kay's colors are true and bold, so you never have to go over them. Smooth! They just glide right on; no tugging on the delicate skin around the eyes. The staying power is spectacular, also. Personally, I think it stays just as well as MAC's waterproof line. Convenient in the fact that there is no need to sharpen it, because it's an automatic pencil. Around 9 dollars, but consultants give lots of freebies and sales, and if yours doesn't, you're with the wrong consultant! I've purchased three in Charcoal and two in sable and I'm about due for a reorder! Life-long costumer.

on 12/16/2006 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First I have to admit that I don't like automatic pencils. I want to get a very fine point, and that is not possible with any automatic pencil. That being said, I bought 1 of these because I liked the color (violet). It goes on softly, so you don't pull your delicate eye skin. It stays in place - no smuding or running for me. Its just that the line is too thick. One thing though that I discovered using this eyeliner - I can't apply mascara to my lower lashes because they are too wispy. When I used this liner, it sort of acted as mascara for the lower lashes and made them stand out.

on 12/8/2006 4:34:00 PM

Awesome liner. Stays on all day, pretty colors and so smooth

on 9/8/2006 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love it! Stays forever and works great! It also is water resistant. I have it in all sorts of colors and it always works wonderfully - people ask if I am wearing liquid. Maybe it is the technique because when I put it on I have the pencil at an angle so it never gets blunt on me and always has a nice line. Great that you do not need to sharpen it too!

on 8/17/2006 12:55:00 AM

i have the signature eyeliner in charcoal (black). it's an automatic pencil, nice smooth texture (doesn't tug) and is long lasting...the only downside is that it doesn't come with a built-in sharpener like other automatic pencils do so it'll get blunt after awhile. but other than that i think i've found my HG liner in terms of long-lasting power. =)

Top Rated Mary Kay Products