Annick Goutal Eau De Charlotte

3.9

on 12/17/2005 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I LOVE it fruity desserts mets a quirky Socialite. Blackberry's and cream on biscuits with champagne( Kir) wildly interesting not for everyone as it smells anything but mainstream. One must interput this for self, sweet but drys down lovey baby powder scent which greatly appealing to me. Better at baby powder than most but this baby jut drove her Jag home from the stables and throws a silk dress on quickly. Over her washed body and rushes off again to another event. Wipes the jam off her face giggles ..FUN..stuff

on 12/2/2005 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This perfume warms me up in winter, so cosy, not too sweet and very gentle. I normally do not like perfumes with such ingredients, but this is an exception. One of the best.

on 10/26/2005 9:25:00 AM

I have always been looking for my signature scent. I wanted it to be special, not something everybody wears. Now I have too many fragrances that are nice, but not real favourites. I am planning to swap them all, because from now on Eau de Charlotte will be my signature scent. I think I could wear it on every occasion, no matter what mood I'm in. It is sweet, without being too heavy. I love foody scents with chocolate and vanilla, but the flowers in this one give the scent something special. They make the scent a little lighter. When I smell this fragrance I wouldn't be able to tell what the different fragrance notes in it are, but still I really like it. I'm looking forward to wearing this fragrance!

on 9/11/2005 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Now, this must just be me, but the main note I get from this perfume is rhubarb. Or those tutti fruiti (as in the sister sweets to blackjacks) chews - do we just get these in the UK? Well, those are the things eau de charlotte smells like to my nose. My nose isn't trained in this area but I enjoy picking out the nuances of notes as much as the next fragrance addict. And that is what I get. Which is such a darn shame, because this SOUNDS like my dream fragrance. I couldn't detect the cocoa. It does get a bit jammy after a few hours, but not in a pretty, blackberry way. And it is very sweet on me too. Because I'm so desperate to like this fragrance I am going to try it again and again, but for now that is my verdict. EDIT: The time has come for me to eat my words. I'm so glad. It's funny how perseverance can pay off in the fragrance sniffing world! After many tries, suddenly I have clicked with this. I'm not taking back the fact I get tutti fruiti sweets from it, but suddenly I also get a rich cocoa and berry hit that really agrees with me. I wonder if this suits my chemistry better in cooler months? Anyway, I am so pleased Charlotte and I can be friends. I shall be getting a bottle and I know it will become a staple because it just feels 'me' now. I'm so glad!

on 9/10/2005 9:10:00 PM

If you want to know what this smells like, imagine an empty refrigerator. (yes it's plugged in and keeping things cold)... Now fill it with open packages of licorice (or some kind of candy...I don't even think this has licorice in it!) Then, set a glass of milk in there. Wait a couple of days.... take the milk out and smell it. There you have it. Not horrible, but nothing I want to smell like. Note to self: Don't buy unsniffed based on reviews!!!!!!!

on 8/4/2005 7:03:00 PM

It's incredibly hard to track down Eau de Charlotte in its EDP formulation, but if you can manage it, you must do it, or at least try and test both before giving a final verdict on this scent. To my nose, the Eau de Parfum is much richer and deeper. It starts off with a rather sneezy, sharp, herbal hyacinth-like mimosa blast which inititally turned me off, but then dries down into the most luscious and deep blackcurrant and cocoa scent. Not really "foody" per se; it is somehow too structured and elegant to be considered a plain old linear gourmand, and even, I think, too dark and velvetty to be considered so -- it reminds me in a way of Ormonde Jayne Ormonde in fact -- but it certainly is mouth-watering enough. The EDT is vaugely the same, but much, much lighter, with half the lasting power, and heavy on the scratchy, pithy florals. It's actually weirdly reminiscent of Aquolina's Pink Sugar. Somehow, it never seems to fully develop to its full potential, and if this review were for the EDT alone, it would only garner 3 lipsticks. The five are in actuality for the EDP, which is much more complex, sophisticated and inviting.

on 7/27/2005 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is an unusual, pretty, sophisticated scent. I love Eau de Charlotte best in the first hour, when I can clearly smell lily of the valley mixed in with the vanilla and chocolate. Sadly I can't detect any blackcurrant at all. After the floral note has faded I too get the baby/doll-head note and agree that this does smell like (expensive!) baby lotion with a delicious overlay of chocolate. Lasting power is quite good - 3-4 hours on me - and I think it's best worn on cool summer days or during the winter.

on 7/24/2005 5:05:00 PM

I love this scent! It smells like berries, sweet jam and honey. I'd wear this to a picnic (mosquitoes, bah!) or on a beautiful spring day. Although it's sweet, I don't find it cloying.

on 7/4/2005 12:18:00 PM

One of my favorites. This is a very sophisticated scent, to my nose. The smell of the jam is really well-defined, and the cocoa powder is definitely a gourmet type, not just regular old Hershey's. This reminds me of standing inside a pantry smelling the different foody smells...a can of cocoa here, a jar of jam there...but somehow it avoids being overly foody and actually comes off as very sophisticated and very feminine.

on 7/2/2005 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Eau de Charlotte EDT doesn't last very long at all on me, which is annoying. But it gives me a chance to respray, and as it's so damn pretty, I don't mind. It reminds me of being a child and having that "baby smell". It really does smell like a more sophisticated baby lotion. I can detect the blackcurrant but not the cocoa, and the drydown is lovely and creamy and dusty. Very unique. As always the packaging is sublime. I'll quite possibly repurchase this as it is a really pretty, original scent.

Popular Fragrances