April 19, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Barbarella

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very pretty shade that suits my nc 37-40 skin extremely well. On the Sephora website, Barbarella is described as a "sheer peach" but on my pigmented lips, the color goes on as a sheer, neutral peachy-coral color with a very slight hint of pink. When I have a tan, it can easily pass as a "nude" but unlike my HG nude lipstick (MAC Freckletone), Barbarella is peachier in tone whereas Freckletone is more beige in comparison. I wear this on days when I want my pigmented lips to be toned down, yet have a pop of color on them to brighten up my complexion. I love how this doesn't wash me out. As far as consistency goes, it's like MAC's luster lipsticks and because of that, it goes on smoothly and easily with a slight sheen. The color can always be built upon if you want more opacity. Length of wear is just like any luster lipsticks. On me it lasted 4-5 hrs w/out eating nor drinking anything. The only gripe I have is the price. I paid $24 for it and I think the color is easily dupable for far cheaper. Still, I love this shade and would consider repurchasing this when it runs out.

BTW, this lipstick pairs beautifully with NARS blush in "Luster" and a bronzed, smokey eye for an overall, healthy "summer" glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by livinglaughingloving

This was an okay product for me, definitly not worth 30 bucks so i would not but it again. Pretty colour but it was just meh not super :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i have pigmented lips and this warm peachy colored lipstick gives me a toned down peach semi matte finish. i pair this with nars gina blush and a little bronzer and it makes me look naturally refreshed. when i want to give barbarella some oomph, i lightly put on nars sunset strip lip gloss (peachy gold) on top and it takes me from a day time look to a night time look. very easy and polished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This shade is a lovely coral color, but I hardly wear it, which I do not know why. It had this great packaging. Rubber-y with a unique square design to it's tube, but I cant find a look that actually matches this lipstick. It had great staying power though. It can go through a whole meal & few sips of drinks without really removing much color. Definately get what you paid for, being that it's so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! This natural nude peach looks awesome with my green eyes. Will buy again. And I love the name of it as well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Vi3tHunn3

The color is a peachy pink that looks very natural and very very flattering. I even use the lipstick to add a bit of color to my cheeks and it leaves me with a nice flush that looks nice and fresh. A very nice pick me up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by donperriegion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great sheer peachy-pink wash of color to go with any peachy-pink toned blush. I've been on the hunt for a light lipstick to pair with my Deep Throat blush, and Barbarella is perfect. When im wearing any sort of shimmer on my cheeks, I prefer to keep everything else on my face shimmer-free. During the summer, I prefer to wear a lipstick that makes my lips look plump and hydrated. Because this is a sheer finish lipstick, it does just that, while adding the perfect tink of color. My lips are very pigmented, and Barbarella mutes down the color to the perfect pink.

I also tried Napoli and Roman Holiday, both beautiful colors, but Barbarella looked best with Deep Throat blush. Its a match made in NARS heaven

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

another win for nars sheer lipsticks. barbarella is "sheer peach," just as nars describes it with perhaps a slight hint of pink. it applies smoothly, is moisturizing and has a nice sheen making it extremely wearable. this shade brightens up your face making you appear polished without looking "made up." this is for sure a grab and go color, in fact you could probably apply it without a mirror [it's practically foolproof]. this like all nars lip products has that oh so popular "plastic" scent. as i've said before, i don't mind it and actually find it pleasant. fortunately for those who don't like it, the smell fades within minutes of application. the packaging is sleek and well put together, adding to my love of this lipstick. i think this is the perfect color and consistency for the upcoming summer months, though i'll be wearing mine all year round =D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by lbh82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite lipstick shades, almost HG. A pale peach/coral without shimmer. The only downside is the plastic smell. Would have been nice if it smelled a bit more like MAC lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this lipstick so much. I wanted a color that was fresh and brightening, and this is the ticket. I always exfoliate my lips before putting on lipstick, so I have a smooth, hydrated canvas to start. This glides right on with just the perfect amount of color. If I want to amp it up and add a little shine, I dab on a bit of Giza lip gloss. This pairs so nicely with Stila CC Gerbera on my cheeks, I just look so awake and bright! I love it!