September 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by englishgirlinasia

I use this twice a week, and alternate it with the Bain Nutri-Thermique. I have just got to the end of the bottle, and I have really, REALLY noticed a difference. I have fine, weak, horribly over-processed blonde hair, and this stuff has helped massively.

My hair is visibly stronger, no longer breaks when I brush it and has grown a lot faster over the past few weeks.

I would say that perhaps this shampoo isn't great to use every day, as it is fortifying rather than moisturising, and the very fine protective coating it leaves on the hair shaft can build up over time. However, if your hair is bleached and damaged, I really cannot recommend this enough. Used once or twice a week and followed by a really great deep conditioner (I use Phytokarite after it) it is a real hair saviour.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First things first, this line is supposed to reconstruct damaged hair. Can it pull it off?!

The great things about this shampoo...
It's really plesant to use, the consistency, the delicious smell.... The packaging is gorgeous!

And the bad stuff...
It is absolutely necessary to use a deep conditioner after this, other wise your hair will feel straw like!!! And even after applying a generous amount of a great deep treatment, my hair still feels a little dry and stiff.

The bottom line...
I guess this doesn't moisturise hair at all, and I also don't think it has the ability of reconstructing hair, so unfortunately I consider this a very poor investment, mainly considering it's quite pricey and the results if any, are not visible at al....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by goncas

This product is just good for fried, chemically damaged hair. I used it for 6 months along with age recharge mask to recover my bleached hair. Both worked quite well but after 6 months,my hair started to become very dry and I couldn't cope with combing my hair after using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by egg802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are a few things that I dont mind investing on and one of those are hair products namely shampoo and conditioner. Since I color my hair and use styling tools a lot I really try to take care of it as much as I can. My friend convinced me to try the kerastase line. Believe me I was very hesitant seeing the hefty price tag but I gave it a try. This shampoo and the matching conditioner is literally my everyday shampoo and I must say I LOVE THE RESULTS! My hair is very soft, shiny and very smooth! My hair is shoulder length which I tend to grow out for 3 to 5 months before i get my next cut and it keeps my hair healthy all through out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Nordictat2girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me first say that I have VERY long hair (to my waist) andover the years I have tried various haircare to *try* to keep it in good health but not always easy (as you gals surelyknow).

Anyways, I finally gave into trying out Keratase and decided on the De force shampoo as my hair was fairly damaged.
After a few weeksof usuage I have to say...that between this shampoo and using the Sexy Hair Soy condition...my hair is recovering quite well. I noticed by the 2nd time my hair felt different...soft and shiney and my husband can't stop playing with it hehe.
So so far so good with the shampoo. I just wish it was a little less when it comes to the price but I found a good place to buy it that included free shipping. (feelunique.com) I am just too weiry about buying haircare on ebay these days because ya just never know if it's old or deluted down etc.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is puzzling to me - how is this supposed to be repairing for damaged hair? there is not one ingredient that is moisturizing or repairing - I have never seen so many harsh detergents listed on one ingredient label! sulfates, sulfates sulfates, then add some artificial coloring and fragrance, and that pretty much sums this overpriced shampoo up. To be fair, i did try this, but found it didn't do anything speical at all. Aveda is much much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by rachelhal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this in 2002 when I had my hair chemically straightened (japanese straigtening). I have thin-ish, wavy hair that didn't really need straightening, but I was approached by a stylist from Paul LeBreque salon who need a guinea pig for the procedure, and, since there is no way I could ever afford any service from this salon on my own, I said yes. I started using the shampoo and the ciment conditioner on their advice and continued to use it even after the straight hair grew out.

I have never dyed or highlighted my hair and rarely blow dry and straighten, but I still think this is the best shampoo for me. I live in a very dry environment and think this shampoo helps protect against the environmental damage. It is very light (zero residue) and smells fresh. I normally wash my hair every other day or every three days so the bottle lasts a while. (the other days I do water only.) I will continue to use this product!

EDIT 5/3/12: I realized that this shampoo is so much better when I rotate it with more moisturizing shampoos, or use very infrequently. I think this has to do with the very high protein comment (which I learned from these reviews). At the moment I rotate with Denorex Extra Strength 2 in 1 and Revlon Soft Curls and I think my hair is softer immediately after using those products, but I think my hair is healthier overall because of the Kerastase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jennyh82

I have used this along with the Ciment anti unsure conditioner for a very l long time and I love it, everytime I have tried another shampoo I always end up stocking back up on this as nothing has came anywhere close to been as good for my hair, My hair is fine and chemically treated, I also wash, dry and straighten my hair almost every day so it goes through alot and I would probably say if it was not for this shampoo and conditioner I would have very very damaged, dry and awful hair.

x x x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I have fine dry curly hair that sometimes breaks. This turned out to be not the best choice for me. The KS told me I should probably use the Bain Nutrition line since my hair is fine true but mainly dry and Bain de Force is not very nourishing.
This product is a little difficult to rinse but I was warned about this for all KS shampoos, because they have built in treatments in them they must be rinsed very carefully and patiently until your hair is cripsy rinsed.
This product did not help me much about breakage (I used it w/ its conditioner) and not so much with dryness. I really loved it though for its smell. It didn't hurt my hair but also didn't repair anything.
If you have fine but very dry hair this shampoo is not right for you. It's not nourishing enough. You need the Bain Nutrition line to make a difference.
It's true I bought this on my own, at no KS stylist advice, because I thought it made hair stronger. It didn't. I just needed the nutrition not the force.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by socalsuperstar

When I first tried this shampoo I wasn't sure about it. I went into my hairstylist at Vidal Sasson Costa Mesa and told her that my hair had been feeling a little limp from my Bain Chroma Riche and Bain Satin. She said that this product, the green bottle with the white stripe was great for color treated blonde hair. I have hair that is medium, maybe a little on the fine side but I have a ton of it. My stylist said that natural blondes have the most individual hairs but it isn't as thick as other colors. Its slightly wavy and naturally blonde but I had highlights and lowlights for more dimension. This shampoo is supposed to be rotated in with the Bain Satin or the Chroma Riche. I was told to get it like every third time. In the shower I liked how it cleaned my hair but left the moisture in. I felt like a protein type of strengthening. Now this is crucial. When I first used the shampoo I used it with the Age Recharge mask. This combo left my hair hair feeling a bit oily at the roots, dry at the ends and a little stringy. I bought the Vita Cement condititoner and tried it and discovered that these two products used in conjunction with each other are amazing. I expected a protein conditioner but no, what I had was amazing soft shiny hair that felt like it was in great condition. I don't dislike the age recharge mask, I just suggest using it with another shampoo. My vote is this shampoo is great. Im going to buy Bain Satin next time and rotate like my stylist suggested. I think that if you buy the shampoo, in order to get the full benefit you also need the conditioner with it. I have not tried the conditioner on it's own. Im so happy with the effects of the two products together that I don't want to risk a bad hair day.