Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

on 9/2/2011 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the only hand lotion that I can use without any issues. It does everything that it says it does. I have eczema plus rough calluses from playing an instrument, and this stuff really does soothe and do the job,even in winter. It isn't greasy, so you can put it on and go about your normal business in about less than a minute. It stays on through a couple rounds of washing your hands, which is amazing for me because washing your hands when you have a flare up of eczema can be really painful. If you have a rash or cracked skin, this won't sting either. Better than prescription cream, and no weird smell (I think it smells like oats). Seriously worth the 6 or 7 dollars you pay for it.

on 8/17/2011 8:18:00 PM

Theres one feeling I hate more than anything in the world: dry hands. For some reason it makes me cringe. I have been buying lots of more expensive hand creams like from sephora and have been dissapointed. With this hand cream it really doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy and it keeps my hands moisturized for a good period of time. It claims 24 hours, but I wash my hands all the time and the moisture will last through at least one hand wash. Which I find to be amazing. I leave this hand cream at home though and apply it before I go out (it is too large to bring for travel in my opinion). If they came out with a travel size this would be perfect and I would bring it everywhere I go! If you've been on the hunt for a great hand cream and have been coming up empty handed I suggest giving this one a try. I got 3.5 oz for about $6 at walmart. I get over twice the product for a less price for better quality than more expensive brands!

on 8/2/2011 2:55:00 PM

I really hate the feeling of anything greasy or heavy on my hands. Call me a germaphobe, but I can just picture dirt and bacteria clinging to my hands whenever I use anything really thick during the day (big fan of aquaphor over night). I also don't like fancy hand creams with a lot of scent that don't really do much (e.g., l'occitane). Aveeno's hand cream is the perfect hand cream for me. I've been using it for years and a tube sits on my desk as I type this review. It absorbs super quickly when applied, keeps my hands feeling comfortable and moisturized without feeling the least bit greasy or slippery and lasts a long time. I will say I don't think it lasts through hand washing as the packaging claims, but it's great stuff. It doesn't have a scent, unless you keep the tube for too long in which case it starts smelling a little funky.

on 7/18/2011 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this product a lot. My mother has bought if for me for Christmas two years in a row (she forgot lol) and I have basically two full bottles still. I keep one in my purse, the bottle never opens or leaks. In the winter, my hands get so rough on the pad part above my thumbs, it's horrible. This lotion is sheer, absorbs fast, has no smell, and works. It softens skin so well. The squeeze bottle's hole is very small, as to concentrate the product, which is phenomenal and probably why I still have plenty of it. No waste! if I recall it's a bit pricey (like $7??) but probably very worth it. Better than Clinique's Moisture Glove by a mile.

on 7/18/2011 12:49:00 AM

I am pretty lazy about taking care of my hands, and as a result, they can be fairly scaly at time. I love that I can use this hand cream whenever I like to get the positive effects. the one downside is that I feel like it never fully absorbs into my skin. there's always a slight, dry residue from it.

I have these disgustingly dry, powdery, lined hands. They feel like how I would imagine a dead persons hands would feel. Because this I have been on a looooong search for the perfect hand cream for my needs. I've bought so many that I was unhappy with and and they're just sitting around my house somewhere never to be used again. Well, I am so glad I tried this cream! My hands actually feel moistured even after hours and washing my hands! My skin is looking smoother too! love this cream, i'll definetely buy again. HG FOR ME !

on 4/14/2011 12:19:00 PM

This is a great hand cream for the money and blows all other drugstore hand creams out of the water imo. Also, like the package says, it really does last after hand washing and I love the way it makes my hands feel.

I just started using this a few weeks ago so I'm not sure if it would be enough to moisturize my hands in the depth of winter when they get really dry so I might use it in conjunction with something like Dr. Haushka's or a vitamin E cream.

on 4/11/2011 4:43:00 PM

Winters here can be brutal- extremely dry and ridiculously cold at times (down to fifty below zero on the worst days). I have been searching for a good, non greasy lotion that sufficiently moisturizes my hands to prevent cracking, discomfort, dryness and those mysterious tiny but painful cuts that always appear when my hands are dry. This is the first lotion I've repurchased for my hands. I'm currently on my third tube. It doesn't burn or sting even if my hands are in very poor condition and it protects well. I so lots of dishes and laundry daily and I find that this protects my hands from the drying effects if those activities. In my experience this works absolutely wonderfully when layered on top of a less water resistant but very moisturizing product such as a body butter. It seals in the moisture while keeping the body butter on my skin when I wash my hands, etc.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Excessive hand-washing, central heating and cold winds take their toll on my hands. I like to put hand-cream on in the evenings so that it has time to work properly. I massage Aveeno hand-cream, pop on Botantics cotton gloves from Boots (very reasonably priced), and a couple of hours later - smooth hands again :-)

Purchasing the cotton gloves made a real difference, I find that hand-creams are a little greasy and there is a temptation to wash hands shortly after (which defeats the purpose!). Whilst watching the tv/browsing the internet, pop on cotton gloves and let the cream get to work. Alternatively, I've read people putting on the hand-cream and gloves and leaving on while they sleep - never tried, but a good idea if your hands are really dry.

on 1/13/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great hand cream but I see no reason to buy it again. This is basically Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion in a tube instead of a pump and at a higher price (Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion is £7.14 for a 300 ml pump at Boots).
This is what Aveeno says: "Absorbs quickly and leaves skin soft. Formulated with naturally active Colloidal Oatmeal. Moisturises dry skin up to 24 hours and forms a “protective glove” which lasts through hand washing. Absorbs quickly and leaves dry hands looking soft, smooth and healthy."
I agree with everything: it is very moisturizing, it absorbs quickly and lasts through hand washing.
Price: £4.99 for a 75 ml tube at Boots
Ingredients: aqua, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, isopropyl palmitate, paraffinum liquidum, cetyl alcohol, aluminum starch, octenylsuccinate, dimethicone, Avena sativa kernel flour, paraffin, cera microcristallina, stearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, sodium chloride.