August 22, 2014 | 1871 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Intense Relief Hand Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great hand cream for the money and blows all other drugstore hand creams out of the water imo. Also, like the package says, it really does last after hand washing and I love the way it makes my hands feel.

I just started using this a few weeks ago so I'm not sure if it would be enough to moisturize my hands in the depth of winter when they get really dry so I might use it in conjunction with something like Dr. Haushka's or a vitamin E cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by albs

Winters here can be brutal- extremely dry and ridiculously cold at times (down to fifty below zero on the worst days). I have been searching for a good, non greasy lotion that sufficiently moisturizes my hands to prevent cracking, discomfort, dryness and those mysterious tiny but painful cuts that always appear when my hands are dry. This is the first lotion I've repurchased for my hands. I'm currently on my third tube. It doesn't burn or sting even if my hands are in very poor condition and it protects well. I so lots of dishes and laundry daily and I find that this protects my hands from the drying effects if those activities. In my experience this works absolutely wonderfully when layered on top of a less water resistant but very moisturizing product such as a body butter. It seals in the moisture while keeping the body butter on my skin when I wash my hands, etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by kensingtonabida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excessive hand-washing, central heating and cold winds take their toll on my hands. I like to put hand-cream on in the evenings so that it has time to work properly. I massage Aveeno hand-cream, pop on Botantics cotton gloves from Boots (very reasonably priced), and a couple of hours later - smooth hands again :-)

Purchasing the cotton gloves made a real difference, I find that hand-creams are a little greasy and there is a temptation to wash hands shortly after (which defeats the purpose!). Whilst watching the tv/browsing the internet, pop on cotton gloves and let the cream get to work. Alternatively, I've read people putting on the hand-cream and gloves and leaving on while they sleep - never tried, but a good idea if your hands are really dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by marnie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great hand cream but I see no reason to buy it again. This is basically Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion in a tube instead of a pump and at a higher price (Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion is £7.14 for a 300 ml pump at Boots).
This is what Aveeno says: "Absorbs quickly and leaves skin soft. Formulated with naturally active Colloidal Oatmeal. Moisturises dry skin up to 24 hours and forms a “protective glove” which lasts through hand washing. Absorbs quickly and leaves dry hands looking soft, smooth and healthy."
I agree with everything: it is very moisturizing, it absorbs quickly and lasts through hand washing.
Price: £4.99 for a 75 ml tube at Boots
Ingredients: aqua, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, isopropyl palmitate, paraffinum liquidum, cetyl alcohol, aluminum starch, octenylsuccinate, dimethicone, Avena sativa kernel flour, paraffin, cera microcristallina, stearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, sodium chloride.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by aglitz915

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Truth!! You can trust Aveeno, this really is fast absorbing and non greasy as the packaging indicates. I love this and apply it a few times a day even though it says it lasts through hand washing (I'm not saying it doesn't but I live in Chicagoland so you can never moisturize too much). I use a nickle size amount and rub in thoroughly, it leaves no real scent and is gone in a flash. My hands look and feel great. Will continue to repurchase, HG for hand cream. Also, it's super accessible..they have it at most major retailers in the US.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this hand cream! I bought it on my recent trip to the States, and I have been using it everyday ever since. It moisturizes well, sinks in almost immediately after application and does not leave my hands greasy, which is great because I can still type on the keyboard after using it.
The only gripe I have is that this product is not available in Singapore, so I have to buy it online to ship it here, which can be quite costly. The price of the product itself isn't that expensive, but judging from the amount we get, that is quite a small amount of cream (3.5oz) for the price, but still worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kperr073

I love this stuff! I tried it last winter because my eczema had gotten really bad. I couldn't find any hand lotion that wouldn't sting and that would actually work. And I just bought another bottle ever since the cold fall weather has started.

It's non-greasy, dries quickly and is scent-free. It's a little more expansive (about 10$), but definitely worth the price.

It's now the only hand cream that I purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through three bottles of this so far. This is the only hand cream that has worked and completely moisturized my hands. I like that it's unscented because most lotion smells tend to be too heavy. I only wish that the bottle came in bigger sizes because I use this on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Can't imagine life without this stuff. It sinks in completely, leaving no trace of its existence, besides a velvety softness. HG stuff. The tube is on the chubby side, making it a bit impractical for small bags, but its not a dealbreaker by any stretch of the imagination.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 5:47:00 AM More reviews by librarykrystal

I love this hand cream! It moisturizes and relieves my cracking dry hands in cold winter and actually lasts through many hand washings! Awesome product!