The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Mask

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.

I've been using this face mask for years, I don't have bad spots but get the occasional pimple/boil but have oily skin. This mask is thin on the skin, dries and then is washed off. It has a cooling effect on the skin. Once removed your skin looks fresh and it definitely helps with the pimples and controls my oil. Will continue to repurchase!

on 3/24/2013 2:54:00 AM

I got a free sample of the Tea Tree Mask from my local Body Shop and I'm currently letting it dry on my face. I applied it to a couple of spots on my cheeks that I can feel small pimples on, on my chin, and around my nose(lower T-zone area).

When applying it, it's not as thick as other masks I own but it doesn't take much to cover your skin that way. With the .15 oz sample I got, I could probably use it as a complete face mask twice then have some left over for spot treatments.
It definitely feels like any tea tree oil product I've used; very refreshing and cooling on my skin,. I love the way it feels.

I'll update when I've washed it off.

on 2/7/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best face mask I have ever used. I have combination skin with a VERY oily t-zone. I first tried this mask 6 months ago and I was pretty pleased with its results but then I ran out and wasn't able to reach a body shop for 3 weeks. The worst 3 weeks my face has been in ages. My skin felt horrible, pores looked clogged and I just looked a mess. I finally got my hands on the stuff and after a week of continuous use (due to me excessive behaviour lol) I love this product so much more now. My skin feels smooth and rejuvenated. I would definitely recommend.

When I first got this product it did absolutely nothing for me. I used it a few times and I stopped using it because it wasn't doing anything at all. Then recently, for whatever reason, I started using it as a spot cream on all of my pimples, blackheads, and cysts. It worked AMAZINGLY!!!! Better than any spot treatment or mask! takes away blemishes in about a day. I don't know why, but it even works better than the tea tree spot treatment from The Body Shop. I put it on without washing it off, as soon as I get home from school, before bed, and as soon right after I wash my face in the morning, on weekends. It doesn't dry or irritate my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. Sense it is a clay mask, it reduces oil as well. If this product does nothing for you as a mask, I really recommend trying this.

on 1/2/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have tried all the other tea tre products, so I decided to try this as well. This mask was disappointing and aside from making my skin feel refreshed it did nothing for me. I prefer the honey/oat mask.

on 12/27/2012 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I bought this mask just because I felt like shopping in one of my favorite stores in the world (The Body Shop, yes!) and this product was on sale. I'm using it once a week or less and I think it's OK. I like its texture when applying on my face (might feel too stingy for a more sensitive skin) and how soft my skin feels right after washing it off, but a few hours later, I would not tell any difference of my skin before and after the mask. I will probably finish it, but not buy the same one again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Two of my friends love this mask and it works really well for their acne, so I'm soo disappointed that it doesn't work for me! It makes me break out more and when I use it at night, my face becomes an oil slick by morning. That's weird because tea tree oil is supposed to be good for oily skin since it's drying... I've scoured the internet for reviews on this product and found one other reviewer who said the same thing. Pro: Immediately after using this, my skin does become softer, but I can easily achieve that with other masks. I say this product is worth a try. It is very effective for some people, so maybe you will be one of the lucky ones.

on 11/16/2012 7:54:00 AM

when I had bad acne and clogged pores, I used this religiously until I finished the whole jar. it actually made my acne worse. because it contains so little tea tree oil and so many other crappy ingredients.it really doesn't do anything besides give you the tinglely sensation. if you want to use something that actually cleanse, try the blue corn mask, it's way better

on 11/11/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm usually a big fan of the Body Shop, but this mask caused loads of spots to come up where I've never had them before. I used it twice (just to be sure) and it took about two weeks for my complexion to completely clear up.

Definitely won't be buying this again! Such a waste of 10.

on 7/27/2012 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

While I love the regular 3-step Body Shop Tea Tree Oil line, this was not a great product for me. Didn't clear my blackheads or make my pores any smaller. It does leave my skin feeling somewhat refreshed, though, and it helps a bit with oil. Maybe I'll mix in some sugar or something to make it a scrub, since I don't want to waste it.

Popular Masks