April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Shestring4life

I think this is an amazing insintive for customers to recycle old product (containers) and feel appriciated!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I'd much rather get a free eyeshadow, lippie, or gloss of my choice than some crummy GWP like most companies sporadically offer. Granted, the rules may be inconsistent (not IME, but whatevs--i can't discredit others' experiences,) but come on...get over it. If this program didn't exist to begin with, no one would be able to complain. And MAC is the only brand I'm aware of that is generous enough to let its customers bring in old containers for a new product, so I honestly think everyone should put that into perspective before writing reviews that complain about this program.

As a side note, make sure you get on MAC's website and check out the list of eligible containers before throwing anything away. I had no idea false lash containers qualified for b2m, which sucks for me. Lastly, all of my DC'd, LE, and de-panned items have been fine for b2m at y local pro store.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by sdeyerling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great experience as always. As many know, when you recycle six empty plastic packaged empties you get a freebie. At freestanding stores you can choose either a lipglass, eyeshadow pot, or lipstick. At a counter you can choose a lipstick. Online/sending them in by mail you can choose a lipstick.

I have depotted every item I have recycled. I have never included the metal pan. This has never been a problem and no one has ever told me I need it.

For my own comfort, I did an online chat with MAC to clarify and they told me I do not need the metal pan, depots are fine and I should print off the conversation and bring it with me in case any SA says otherwise. I suggest doing that if you are worried.

Your freebie can be part of LE and even in special packaging as long as there are no licensing issues (like Disney/VV or Sanrio/Hello Kitty or Mattel/Barbie). Some SAs will say otherwise. Again, do a MAC chat and bring the conversation if you are worried about this.

Similarly, you can recycle LE and special packing as well as those special collections listed above. I have successfully recycled VV and Hello Kitty packaged items.

I wish other brands participated in these sort of recycling programs! =D

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

I just did my 1st B2M today and got a lippie in LoveLorn! im so glad that mac does this. its healthy for the environment and its awesome to just walk in and not spend a dime on mac and get a free lippie :) thank you mac!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I love this program! I usually go through at least 2 Vex and 2 Patina e/s a year and it's great to be able to trade in my empty e/s pans with a couple of empty or rarely worn MAC lipsticks to receive a free lipstick or e/s. I have been doing this for years. It's a great marketing ploy that keeps me coming back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally B2M'd for the first time. I didn't have any issues with the eyeshadow pots not having the pan inside. I wish I would've saved my other containers like my lip gloss and old lipstick ones. Shucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LilyLester

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great idea!
I alway make sure to save all my empty pots and tubes.
It for me is one of the unique selling points for mac, it benefits so many factors including myself.

I love been able to try out a new lipstick once in a while when ever i finish my 6 items. I hope they never stop this scheme.

Really hope that they start to accept the depotted eyehsadow pots at my "local" mac soon tho. I have been to two mac counters and one accept them and one dosen't so i have just stopped going to the other one evan tho it is closer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by hersupernature

This is a great idea, because although MAC cannot recycle its virgin plastic into new MU containers, it can do so for other products other companies manufacture. (Way to save the planet!)
The only issues I have with B2M is that some places do not take empty containers, or shadows with depotted pans. Why the inconsistency?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great concept! I'm not so much of a MAC person, but over the past 4 years or so I've accumulated 12 pots. (8 eyeshadow pots I depotted and 4 blot powders). It's nothing compared to some of you girls! I exchanged these at a Nordstrom MAC counter. I got 2 free lipsticks to try, that I never would have bought myself! I'm happy I got to try these. I love free items! Back to saving more containers for the next few years...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by myra86

It is actually a great program.
The only reason I gave it 3 stars is that MAC does not bring this program to every country its being marketed.
It does not make sense!
Why a program that is supposed to be beneficial for the environment is not available world wide??!