Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

4.6

NEW INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Alumina, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol. May Contain ( /-): CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7799 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). OLD INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, PVP/PA Copolymer, DEA-C8-18 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491). May contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 12/11/2007 10:29:00 AM

Okay, I never would have tried this product, this color, or this technique if it were not for this site. But I love it! Using my Laura Mercier flat brush (I think you need this to do it right), I lifted my upper lid up and brushed on this inky, midnight blue color along that eyelid line and up into the lashes. Just love the way it looks. I have to admit, it took me a while to get it right. I was getting it too wet and too close to the eye and not the lashes....leaving that lovely inky blue color staining my actual eye instead of the inner lid....not so sexy! But then I got the hang of it so that it stains only the lid line and goes more into the lashes. I have brown eyes, so wasn't sure about the bleu marine color, but with my mascara it really makes my eyes "pop," giving that "I'm dressed up look" without looking "done" or like a hooker. I also like wisping a little bit of this along my lower lash line and it looks hot!

on 10/26/2007 4:45:00 PM

I had this product kicking around in the bottom of my makeup bag for a while before I really got to grips with it. I loved the colour, but why on earth could I not get it to stick onto my eyelid and meld into my eyelashes? and what on earth was this tightlining that everyone was on about? Eventually I figured the tightlining bit - many people here have described it better than I can, but to me it's not just pushing the product into the base of the underneath of the eyelashes, but also getting the consistency of the product gluey enough to stick. For those who are unsure re tightlining please scroll through these reviews, but also I googled tightlining and got a great link with photos (I'm too shy to go to a LM makeup counter and ask!).
So, so far so good, I did my tightlining with a variety of brushes because I was too mean to go and buy the LM brush and I had so many brushes that seemed about right.....wrong! I actually got a LM flat liner brush and boy oh boy does this make the difference. It delivers the correct amount of product in the correct areas and I use it over and under the lash line and it doesn't budge, not at all, never. So my advice is buy both together after you've gone to the LM counter and had a demonstration!

on 10/26/2007 2:23:00 PM

I think this is the only product I have hit bottom on several times and continued to buy. I have never had an HG of anything, but this is definitely it. Several years ago a makeup artist at the Laura Mercier counter in Soho (NYC) put this on me and I was stunned with the results. Tightlining just under the lashes gave me the most natural line, barely noticeable other than darkening my lash line. In the past I used to try to make thin lines on my eyelids with liners and always felt like it looked to obvious. This compeltely solved that issue- I'm thrilled with the ultra-natural polished look this liner gives me. I will buy again and again and again.

on 9/14/2007 12:35:00 AM

agree w reviewer calling this total keeper product. I have been using and love a gorgeous Armani inky blue eyeliner pencil. Unfortunately, this tends to run as the day wears on and I would find myself wiping dark blue smudges off by upper lid by mid-afternoon. This product is just as gorgeous in color; deep midnight saturated inky blue that looks amazing with brown eyes (much better than charcoal or black, brings out flecks of green in my eyes). Bought it from a great SA who demonstrated the tightlining technique which I'd been using with pencils anyways. I'm not completely sold on it with this product. However, as a regular liquid eyeliner, this stuff is gorgeous, easy to apply. The brush (flat one by LM, highly recommended) picks up just the right amount of pigment to lay a solid flat line on the upper lashes. I get tons of compliments whenever I wear this look (1 coat of black mascara, little blush on cheeks and keep the lips natural w a dab of kiehl's lipbalm) and it does not take but 5 minutes to get ready. Best of all, by mid-afternoon my lids are smudge-free and my eye make up looks as fresh as when I left my house in the morning!

on 9/13/2007 10:33:00 PM

Love this. Simply the perfect navy eyeliner. Goes on easily, and stays on. I haven't got the tight lining (or whatever it's called) completely, but even just as a regular liner this product is great. Thanks for the great reviews from here, because otherwise I would never have bought this. I feel like throuwing out all my pencil eyeliners.

on 8/8/2007 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it, onto my second. I apply it using the LM flat brush, after curling lashes and applying Mascara just wet brush, swirl in palette and line lashes. The MUA showed me how to line UNDERNEATH the top lash line i.e. gently pull up the eyelid a little and apply to lash line gently wiggling it into lash line. I then let the brush dry a little and use it along the lower lash line, lining the inner rim with LM Baby Eyes - a pinky white eye liner. The whole combo really opens up my eyes in an non made-up kind of way. It's a keeper

on 7/24/2007 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this! I use it mainly for tightlining - what did I ever do before I found this stuff?! Love the navy color and ease of application. Can't wait to try the other colors!

on 6/27/2007 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love it! You mix it with water to apply and amazingly it doesn't come off. I have very watery eyes so it is unusual to have my eyeliner stay on all day. I also like that you can make it very dark or more like a wash depending on how much pigment you mix in. The blue color is subtle, it is less harsh than black which I like.

on 6/25/2007 11:51:00 AM

I use this for tightlining and it makes my eyes look whiter, and my lashes look longer. It's perfect. I've been wearing it daily. It makes such a huge difference, why should I go without?
I use the LM flat brush to apply.

on 6/17/2007 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've always had problems with eyeliners smearing mid-day, this includes brands by Chanel, MAC, Shiseido, Lancome, and Estee Lauder, and so I thought the situaton was hopeless and I'd never find a solution (Benefit eyefit didn't work either). So I'm here to say that this has been the solution to my problem, it doesn't smear, it goes on smoothly and easily (I'm using the recommended Laura Mercier brush), and it stays on all day, yet still it's not hard to take off at night. To me it's been the perfect product and I highly recommend it.