October 23, 2014 | 1220 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by blandino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it, onto my second. I apply it using the LM flat brush, after curling lashes and applying Mascara just wet brush, swirl in palette and line lashes. The MUA showed me how to line UNDERNEATH the top lash line i.e. gently pull up the eyelid a little and apply to lash line gently wiggling it into lash line. I then let the brush dry a little and use it along the lower lash line, lining the inner rim with LM Baby Eyes - a pinky white eye liner. The whole combo really opens up my eyes in an non made-up kind of way. It's a keeper

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by mjs06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I use it mainly for tightlining - what did I ever do before I found this stuff?! Love the navy color and ease of application. Can't wait to try the other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by elyse34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it! You mix it with water to apply and amazingly it doesn't come off. I have very watery eyes so it is unusual to have my eyeliner stay on all day. I also like that you can make it very dark or more like a wash depending on how much pigment you mix in. The blue color is subtle, it is less harsh than black which I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by peaudane

I use this for tightlining and it makes my eyes look whiter, and my lashes look longer. It's perfect. I've been wearing it daily. It makes such a huge difference, why should I go without?
I use the LM flat brush to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by purplelime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had problems with eyeliners smearing mid-day, this includes brands by Chanel, MAC, Shiseido, Lancome, and Estee Lauder, and so I thought the situaton was hopeless and I'd never find a solution (Benefit eyefit didn't work either). So I'm here to say that this has been the solution to my problem, it doesn't smear, it goes on smoothly and easily (I'm using the recommended Laura Mercier brush), and it stays on all day, yet still it's not hard to take off at night. To me it's been the perfect product and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a huge fan of LM packaging, BUT, these can be depotted into MAC or ELF 4pan palettes (so I immed made myself a LM cake liner 4 pan palettes lol)

Great color, perfect for tightlining. I don't normally use navy with my blue eyes, but the tightlining technique makes them look very wide open & the whites look whiter. Great stuff! I use the LM flat eyeliner bruh, tried a few others, but this works best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tucsonaz

Excellent color for tightlining. Wear with a beige wash. Tightline, then add color along the top of the lashline too. I then top again w/a dry brush & BB Navy shadow. Intense. Add some black mascara. Looks good with a dark lipstick or with something neutral. Tried several Trish cake liners, like LM better. LM stays longer, packaging is better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tightlining is right up there with the wheel and sliced bread. It's just a brilliant invention. Brilliant. All my thanks to Laura. If YOU are looking for that elusive chic, expressive-eyed, understated yet unearthly gorgeous look, this will do it. I use it with LM's Flat Eye Liner Long brush and some water and just a bit of time...and boy is it ever so worth it. Makes my eyes--and face--look so damn gorgeous that I've stopped wearing any other makeup. Thanks, Laura dear!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading the fabulous reviews here on MUA...it is worth all of the hype! The tightlining technique in combination with the fabulous color of this cake liner really adds depth to my lashes and subtle drama to my eyes without looking "made up". The navy color really makes my hazel eyes pop! This is a terrific, easy-to-use product. I would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Deep, midnight blue color. It's not as crisp and sharp-looking as the black one, so it would do for daytime. I didn't notice it doing much for my dark brown eyes, but it does an admirable job of filling in the lashline. I really love the cake liners as they do stay put all day, so long as you apply them correctly in the morning. Would repurchase, but maybe not this color.