February 1, 2015 | 2099 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 12:35:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

agree w reviewer calling this total keeper product. I have been using and love a gorgeous Armani inky blue eyeliner pencil. Unfortunately, this tends to run as the day wears on and I would find myself wiping dark blue smudges off by upper lid by mid-afternoon. This product is just as gorgeous in color; deep midnight saturated inky blue that looks amazing with brown eyes (much better than charcoal or black, brings out flecks of green in my eyes). Bought it from a great SA who demonstrated the tightlining technique which I'd been using with pencils anyways. I'm not completely sold on it with this product. However, as a regular liquid eyeliner, this stuff is gorgeous, easy to apply. The brush (flat one by LM, highly recommended) picks up just the right amount of pigment to lay a solid flat line on the upper lashes. I get tons of compliments whenever I wear this look (1 coat of black mascara, little blush on cheeks and keep the lips natural w a dab of kiehl's lipbalm) and it does not take but 5 minutes to get ready. Best of all, by mid-afternoon my lids are smudge-free and my eye make up looks as fresh as when I left my house in the morning!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bluejoansie

Love this. Simply the perfect navy eyeliner. Goes on easily, and stays on. I haven't got the tight lining (or whatever it's called) completely, but even just as a regular liner this product is great. Thanks for the great reviews from here, because otherwise I would never have bought this. I feel like throuwing out all my pencil eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by blandino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it, onto my second. I apply it using the LM flat brush, after curling lashes and applying Mascara just wet brush, swirl in palette and line lashes. The MUA showed me how to line UNDERNEATH the top lash line i.e. gently pull up the eyelid a little and apply to lash line gently wiggling it into lash line. I then let the brush dry a little and use it along the lower lash line, lining the inner rim with LM Baby Eyes - a pinky white eye liner. The whole combo really opens up my eyes in an non made-up kind of way. It's a keeper

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 12:59:00 AM More reviews by mjs06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I use it mainly for tightlining - what did I ever do before I found this stuff?! Love the navy color and ease of application. Can't wait to try the other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by elyse34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it! You mix it with water to apply and amazingly it doesn't come off. I have very watery eyes so it is unusual to have my eyeliner stay on all day. I also like that you can make it very dark or more like a wash depending on how much pigment you mix in. The blue color is subtle, it is less harsh than black which I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by peaudane

I use this for tightlining and it makes my eyes look whiter, and my lashes look longer. It's perfect. I've been wearing it daily. It makes such a huge difference, why should I go without?
I use the LM flat brush to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by purplelime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always had problems with eyeliners smearing mid-day, this includes brands by Chanel, MAC, Shiseido, Lancome, and Estee Lauder, and so I thought the situaton was hopeless and I'd never find a solution (Benefit eyefit didn't work either). So I'm here to say that this has been the solution to my problem, it doesn't smear, it goes on smoothly and easily (I'm using the recommended Laura Mercier brush), and it stays on all day, yet still it's not hard to take off at night. To me it's been the perfect product and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a huge fan of LM packaging, BUT, these can be depotted into MAC or ELF 4pan palettes (so I immed made myself a LM cake liner 4 pan palettes lol)

Great color, perfect for tightlining. I don't normally use navy with my blue eyes, but the tightlining technique makes them look very wide open & the whites look whiter. Great stuff! I use the LM flat eyeliner bruh, tried a few others, but this works best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tucsonaz

Excellent color for tightlining. Wear with a beige wash. Tightline, then add color along the top of the lashline too. I then top again w/a dry brush & BB Navy shadow. Intense. Add some black mascara. Looks good with a dark lipstick or with something neutral. Tried several Trish cake liners, like LM better. LM stays longer, packaging is better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tightlining is right up there with the wheel and sliced bread. It's just a brilliant invention. Brilliant. All my thanks to Laura. If YOU are looking for that elusive chic, expressive-eyed, understated yet unearthly gorgeous look, this will do it. I use it with LM's Flat Eye Liner Long brush and some water and just a bit of time...and boy is it ever so worth it. Makes my eyes--and face--look so damn gorgeous that I've stopped wearing any other makeup. Thanks, Laura dear!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No