November 22, 2014 | 827 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it is frangrance free. I have follen in love with this cleanser. Cheap but works great. I Have oily skin and this cleanser works great at removing the oil and makeup as well. The smell is mild and that was another selling point for me. Very little smell at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
EVERYTHING!!!
Cons:
Smells
Doesn't foam
Bottom line: I got this as a sample from a dermatologist and I am in love. This is a good basic cleanser but I thought it smelled worse than the bar soap and it did not lather too nicely so I will not be repurchasing.
Recommended: Yes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this face wash since junior high (almost 20 years ago). My dermatologist recommended this cleanser for me. In junior high, I had really bad acne on my forehead (I think it was all that hairspray), so my derm prescribed me prescription topical treatment for my skin, I don't remember what it was, but it worked wonders. My derm recommended I use a mild cleanser that didn't include any acne medication because too much acne medication can make my breakouts worse. For the past 20 years, I've had this face wash in my shower. I might divert and use something else to try, but I always end up back to this face wash. This is my daily face wash and I will always have it as part as my daily routine. I buy this product at Costco, it's like $8.99 for 4 bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by starfish75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this again for the 10th time and realized I should probably review it. I have really oily, acne prone skin and am currently using Retin-A cream. I love this cleanser! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation and it always removes all of my makeup. It does not dry out my skin and is a very basic cleanser that my skin likes. It is a good price (around $6.00 in Walmart) and is readily available. I just wish the pump locked because it is difficult to travel with unless I decant it into another bottle. I don't get cleanser in my eyes so I cannot say if it stings or not, but I assume it would. (I never understand how so many people have problems with cleanser in their eyes anyway - use an eye makeup remover!) Two thumbs up from me!

Edit: I don't use this any more as I find it can be drying to tretinoin ravaged skin. I still like it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by jane111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by kimmiehearts

HG facial cleanser. Make sure to get the fragrance free version, it is much better and less drying than the fragranced one. I also use this to wash my hands before putting in my contact lenses because it is fragrance free and gets skin super clean. Take it from someone who has tried a lot of facial cleansers over the years, this product simply can not be beat. I usually buy the three pack as I find it an indespensable staple. TRY IT!
Note: Do NOT buy this product at Wal Mart, as it is very obvious to me it is a different and inferior formula. Yes, companies do reformulate products so it can be offered at Wal Mart at a lower price, and this is a prime example. It was watery and had an odd citrus smell, yuck.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cococupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG facial cleanser! i have dry/combo skin and my skin feels tight after cleansing easily, but this facial cleanser doesn't dry me out. one amazing thing about it is that it is able to fully remove my makeup! tried cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and it doesn't compare to this at all... this is waaaay better. very simply cleanser with no fragrance no fancy design. great drugstore price with excellent quality. i have been using this for years and years and will stick to this no matter what! i think sometimes people overlook this product and turn to neutrogena's other fancy lines like "deep clean" and "night calming"... but i've tried them all and always gravitate back to this one. it really does the job the best, and i have the least breakouts when i use this cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sansari

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years and years..

Cetaphil - yuck. Felt like something was still on my skin.

Purpose - drugstore was out of my Neutrogena - my face is now breaking out.

....I will always always come back to this. I have combo skin and it doesn't dry it out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kristydavis1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to cleanser. I have used this cleanser on and off for years and right now I am on. My sister and cousin prefer the bar verison they say they get more out of it than the liquid. I feel the opposite because half a pump is enough to wash my whole face. I also find bars to be a little messy.

I have tried dermalogica, clinique, l'oreal, etc in the past but I always go back to neutrogena. It does a great job cleaning my skin and I do not need a make up remover first. I use majority Clinique products but I refuse to waste money on their cleanser. The Clinique sales woman suggested I purchase a make up remover to go with my Clinique cleanser. WHY? A good cleanser should wash away dirt and makeup I shouldn't need to clean my face before I wash my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

I used this as a teenager on the advice of my doctor for typical teenage breakouts. So simple and basic and it worked!

I picked this up about 11 years ago pretty much just for the nostalgia of it and haven't stopped buying it since!

These days my skin is combination. This cleanser works well without drying or stripping my skin. I especially like to use it in the summer. I love the clean, fresh scent.