April 18, 2014 | 1140 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by starfish75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this again for the 10th time and realized I should probably review it. I have really oily, acne prone skin and am currently using Retin-A cream. I love this cleanser! I use Revlon Colorstay foundation and it always removes all of my makeup. It does not dry out my skin and is a very basic cleanser that my skin likes. It is a good price (around $6.00 in Walmart) and is readily available. I just wish the pump locked because it is difficult to travel with unless I decant it into another bottle. I don't get cleanser in my eyes so I cannot say if it stings or not, but I assume it would. (I never understand how so many people have problems with cleanser in their eyes anyway - use an eye makeup remover!) Two thumbs up from me!

Edit: I don't use this any more as I find it can be drying to tretinoin ravaged skin. I still like it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by jane111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product I love it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by kimmiehearts

HG facial cleanser. Make sure to get the fragrance free version, it is much better and less drying than the fragranced one. I also use this to wash my hands before putting in my contact lenses because it is fragrance free and gets skin super clean. Take it from someone who has tried a lot of facial cleansers over the years, this product simply can not be beat. I usually buy the three pack as I find it an indespensable staple. TRY IT!
Note: Do NOT buy this product at Wal Mart, as it is very obvious to me it is a different and inferior formula. Yes, companies do reformulate products so it can be offered at Wal Mart at a lower price, and this is a prime example. It was watery and had an odd citrus smell, yuck.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cococupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG facial cleanser! i have dry/combo skin and my skin feels tight after cleansing easily, but this facial cleanser doesn't dry me out. one amazing thing about it is that it is able to fully remove my makeup! tried cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and it doesn't compare to this at all... this is waaaay better. very simply cleanser with no fragrance no fancy design. great drugstore price with excellent quality. i have been using this for years and years and will stick to this no matter what! i think sometimes people overlook this product and turn to neutrogena's other fancy lines like "deep clean" and "night calming"... but i've tried them all and always gravitate back to this one. it really does the job the best, and i have the least breakouts when i use this cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sansari

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this for years and years..

Cetaphil - yuck. Felt like something was still on my skin.

Purpose - drugstore was out of my Neutrogena - my face is now breaking out.

....I will always always come back to this. I have combo skin and it doesn't dry it out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kristydavis1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to cleanser. I have used this cleanser on and off for years and right now I am on. My sister and cousin prefer the bar verison they say they get more out of it than the liquid. I feel the opposite because half a pump is enough to wash my whole face. I also find bars to be a little messy.

I have tried dermalogica, clinique, l'oreal, etc in the past but I always go back to neutrogena. It does a great job cleaning my skin and I do not need a make up remover first. I use majority Clinique products but I refuse to waste money on their cleanser. The Clinique sales woman suggested I purchase a make up remover to go with my Clinique cleanser. WHY? A good cleanser should wash away dirt and makeup I shouldn't need to clean my face before I wash my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

I used this as a teenager on the advice of my doctor for typical teenage breakouts. So simple and basic and it worked!

I picked this up about 11 years ago pretty much just for the nostalgia of it and haven't stopped buying it since!

These days my skin is combination. This cleanser works well without drying or stripping my skin. I especially like to use it in the summer. I love the clean, fresh scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MERP

Meh. I find this drying, and it stings my eyes if I'm not careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by irishdancerak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After I went to my dermatologist for my acne she said she wanted me to use the most basic soap to wash my face (even dove bar soap but I can't handle the smell) so I picked this up and I actually really like it. Totally no frills and basic but it gets the job done. I do find it a little difficult to wash off unless I'm in the shower but that's my only complaint.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by whisper

I don't care much for this cleanser. I have pretty normal skin: some shine on my T-zone, but definitely not oily skin, and not dry either. I found this product to be extremely drying uncomfortably so. I even tried using a damp face towel to "dry" my face after cleansing w/this, and applying my moisturizer to my slightly damp skin, but sadly that didn't remedy the drying nature of this. The formula seems way too "soapy." In fact it almost would be better suited for a liquid hand soap, rather than something to be used on the face. Big time disappointment I'm afraid, as I typically like Neutrogena products.