October 26, 2014 | 969 users online

Scrubs - Kanebo - Silk Peeling Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 4:33:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

This is not the kind of physical exfoliator with those scrubing particles. As the name indicates, it comes in powder. Add a bit of water and it foams up, then use it on damp face like the way a cleanser is used. At first I thought it would be too gentle but I'm thrilled by the result. It's indeed gentle but leaves my skin beautifully smooth and soft and polished, simply excellent. Equally or even more effective than the other traditional scrubs I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2005 6:50:00 PM More reviews by urchin7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It is an excellent, gentle exfoliator and the dispenser built in to the packaging is nothing short of ingenious! I use this 2 or 3 nights a week, and it leaves my dry skin squeaky clean, but not stripped. I will definetely repurchase again and again! I get mine at Takashimaya in NYC.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Naranja

I simply LOVE this stuff. My skin has never felt so pampered, and the foam is the finest I've ever seen and felt. Feels good,smells good and does a great job. Will definitely buy again, although it costs about 50 Euro in Germany- thank God there's Ebay!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 9:10:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

Not exactly a 'scrub', this is a powder that you mix to a paste with a few drops of water, apply like a foaming cleanser and rinse off. It is completely un-scrubby and barely tingles, so I'm not quite sure how it works. It doesn't remove serious flakes or empty out pores. But it is definitely effective at giving that final polish to skin, as if you'd just used a face mask. I love the plastic bottle packaging, which is unbreakable and dispenses the perfect dose every time you turn it upside down. And it seems pretty economical - I must have used mine ten times, and there is still nearly as much left as when I bought it. Far easier and less messy to use than a conventional exfoliator, this is a worthwhile investment for dull skin to use weekly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2004 6:42:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First, my excuses for the bad English but i'm from Belgium.
I am now on my second bottle of this product. I have roseaca and am unable to scrub my face with particles in. This is the only scrub you can use if you have a hypersensitive skin. I do not find it that expensive because a bottle lasts more than 8 months if used weekly. In the beginnin i was very pleased with the results. Finally a scrub for us, sensitives. But i think i can now say after more then one year use it doesn't scrub at all. It's just a very good wash. Very clean, but get rid of dead cells? I don't think so... La Prairie's Foam cleanser gives the same clean feeling and if that would be used weekly the tube would last more than 2 years! I think this one is a really great cleanser...but no scrub. No third bottle for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2004 9:38:00 AM More reviews by blondy1980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product.
I have dry/combo skin and find this works great at leveling out skin. I would recommend only using this once a week as it can somtimes dry out the skin a little with constant use (i did use it every day for 2 weeks oops)but will deff be purchasing another.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2004 2:40:00 AM More reviews by anna_hstad

This is THE perfect peeling. The powder lathers up to a foam to massage onto skin. It leaves my skin with a fresh, clean feeling and baby soft! It is very gentle so I am not afraid to use regularly (and Ive never been able to use a scrub because of my sensitive skin) Nice clean soapy scent. I love using it! Highly rec.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 5:35:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG peeling product. The one and only for me, I'm very satisfied with it. What a great idea for us with sensitive skin - peeling without particles. But I'm sure it is good for all skin types. Gentle but gives nice results. Expensive but lasts forever. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2003 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lleong1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LUUUUUVV IT!!! I love the concept of how exfoliators reveal brighter skin and keep it healthy for maximal moisturizer absorption. I have tried soooo many exfoliators and this is by far THE BEST! It has no rough particles in it to scratch up your face. No harsh enzymes that can damage your skin. Instead, it has powdered silk that helps "peel" away dead skin. It's almost like a frictionless exfoliator! It is a powder that gets activated by a little bit of water. It turns into an eggwhite consistency that you use to wash your face with after your cleanser. Rinse as usual and you WILL IMMEDIATELY feel SOFTER SKIN!!! However, it is US$50, which is the most I have paid for an exfoliator. But hey, you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 10:15:00 AM More reviews by bitchyboss