Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow - Sunbaked Neutrals

4.3

Talc, Mineral Oil, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Carbonate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Kaolin, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Mica, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake

on 2/13/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked some of the colors on this but some of them were kinda blahhh and didn't really show~ But then when you wet it, the colors are amazing~ :)

on 6/21/2008 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I find that the matte colors on this palette were better than the frosted ones. I bought this coz I had left all my eyeshadow at home when I went on a vacation. Basically, no matter how much I put on, I can barely see any of the color...and the frosted one runs to my lower lid too.

I guess this would do for emergency situations...But to actually make this part of your daily make up kit...I don't think so...

on 4/28/2008 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

For reference, I am NW20, with medium brown hair and hazel eyes.

Maybelline has recently re-formulated their shadows and the result is worlds better than their previous one. When I swatched these on my hand I was stunned by how pigmented they are, really, they're gorgeous. So just look for the sticker that says NEW FORMULA and you'll be fine.

Along with the new formula, the colors have been changed a bit from the original version of this palette. I've added a picture to the review. There aren't individual names, so I'll describe them:
- light brown, shimmer finish
- chocolate brown, shimmer finish
- medium brown, matte finish
- coppery brown, frost finish
- bronzey-gold, frost finish (BEAUTIFUL)
- ivory, shimmer finish
- pale green, frost finish - this is very similar to MAC Juxt, but actually when I swatched them next to each other this is more green, whereas Juxt seems more yellow than I'd originally thought
- khaki green, frost finish

This is honestly the best palette of neutrals I've ever seen. I wanted something to throw in my purse makeup bag that I can use for several different looks, and with eight shadows the possibilities are pretty much endless. They wear extremely well (I always wear a base so I can't testify as to how they'd do without one) and as I said before, they're veryyyy pigmented, almost up to scratch with MAC, actually. I bought it for $8.29 at Walgreens, but you could probably find it for cheaper other places.

continued >>

on 7/9/2007 2:02:00 AM

This product didn't work for me either. The color does not show up on my lids no matter how many layers i put on. The texture was very bad too.

Wow eight shadows for cheap? How can I complain? I usually do not wear neutral colors. So this was a change. But I must say I do love these colors. They are exactly what the package says "sunbaked" pretty oranges, green, champagnes, and browns. They are definitely fun colors to mix up with teals and blues. I found them to be rather pigmented especially with a primer. I would definitely buy again.

on 5/14/2007 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is for the 8 pan that's being sold with Maybelline's Spring 07 Safari collection with greens, browns and peaches. I thought since Maybelline's e/s had been reformulated this might actually be decent, and it actually is.

This a good basic set, awesome for travel as you can get a lot of looks out of this. The wear is great (hasn't faded on me for over 9 hours) and the pigment is pretty good ~ a definite improvement and not chalky like it's predecessor.
This set has a pale beige shimmer, a peachy gold shimmer, a matte taupe brown, a golden tan shimmer, a chocolate brown matte, a light silvery taupe shimmer, a pale cream ivory shimmer and a grassy/olive with gold shimmer. Endless combinations and every shade is wearable. I'm tempted to buy a backup just to keep in my travel bag. Honestly, I probably own every colour in this little palette from other lines but having all of these together is so convenient and I've had fun playing with these for the past couple of days.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate to rain on the parade, but I didn't like this at all. None of the shades showed up on me, even when I wet the brush. :(

I love these! I use the darkest brown along my lashline and the shimmery champagne color either on my brow bone or as a wash. I got this in a swap, but I would buy it again. Unfortunately I think it's probably discontinued.

on 8/30/2005 8:36:00 PM

This is a fun palette to play with. I got it for less than six dollars and have been experimenting with color combinations for about a week now. It contains eight eyeshadows that are perfect together in various combinations. I've been using the green wet as a thin eyeliner and have gotten a few compliments from friends.

on 5/24/2005 4:05:00 AM

WOW This is just the best eyeshadow The shades are just awesome.Its true your eyes really look sunbaked :)