October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Soul Owner

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2006 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Madinat

Got this product after reading good reviews about it on amazon.com. unfortunately, i can't count myself among those who've benefitted from this product. i thought i would get a thick, creamy salve-like product which would hold in moisture. what i got was a peppermint scented watery substance that moisturizes fairly well, but doesn't do much to hold it in. i prefer handmade...

a good product to try instead of this is the foot cream sold by aveda, the name of it escapes me now. i believe it's slightly cheaper as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by happybunny888

Exfoliating foot cream help to reduce my dry feet and flaky skin,it smelt really lovely when I applied it on to my foot after my bath and ,Its like heaven!Its got a refreshing minty scent to it, and it left my skin very smooth and relaxed with a tingling sensation after a massage for five minutes. perfect for the summer, let your feet bare with proud.

I will buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2006 10:54:00 PM More reviews by marisa61

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible! Actually made my feet worse! I'm guessing it's the salicylic acid in this product, but when it's first applied it makes my feet soft (although it did have that medicinal mint smell to it), but then, by the end of the day, the bottom skin on my feet was literally peeling off like a sunburn. I tried laying off and only applying it every other day or every 3 days and my feet were still super dry and flaky within 2 hours of applying (I should note that my feet were not at all scaly and flaky prior to using this product as I was using a different foot cream which worked waaaaaaay better than this stuff). Would not recommend to anybody. Thanks, but I'll stick to my $2.99 Freeman Beauty foot lotion which works 1,000,000 times better than this crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2006 8:54:00 PM More reviews by amichiganfan

I agree with everything PlatinumBlondePunk said below. Philosophy is all marketing schtick; usually its mediocre products are saved by their delicious (if short-lasting) scents. This product is the opposite. It works really well, but it smells terrible. At night, I rub it into my feet while wrinkling my nose, put on cotton socks, and enjoy really smooth feet in the morning. Thankfully, I haven't had problems with excessive peeling or "burning" or anything like that. Just nice, smooth, nasty-smelling philosofeet. (Oh man, that was terrible, sorry). I prefer the texture of this product to that of Kerasal, which also performs well for me. I've used Barielle's AHA foot cream as well, but it seems that all the companies that use AHAs and BHAs (incl philosophy in this case) have a yucky smell. Maybe I'll try Paula's Choice 10% AHA lotion on my feet; it doesn't smell and it might leave them pretty and smooth. I'll try to report back on that. Until then, I grudgingly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cream is fabulous.There's no other way to put it.It's like an instant pedicure in a tube.Makes your feet so baby soft.However I took off a lippie because of the disgusting medicinal+too much eucalyptus even if you were a koala+is that some lavender in there too? scent.I hate it.The packaging is the usual bare bones crap by Philosophy with a stupid message on it that I guess is supposed to make you "think" (I didn't know foot moisturization and deep thought went hand in hand).My god their stuff is ugly.And the name kinda creeps me out.I have yet to try Bliss Foot Patrol but so far this is the best foot cream ever made.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2005 5:26:00 AM More reviews by ftnfrm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent exfoliator on my chronically dry calloused feet. Be warned though that it is very potent! Be sure to use on bottoms only of feet and wash your hands afterwards or you will have peeling skin on your palms. I use this at night only with socks as the Eucalyptus smell is strong. I do prefer Kerasal but this is far less expensive when you compare sizes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2005 11:36:00 AM More reviews by shugarush

A staple of mine, I can't be without it. Stay away though if you don't like the scent of lavander and eucalyptus.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2005 4:32:00 AM More reviews by NotUnusual

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff definitely works. And the tube is much better packaging than the old tub they used to have.

Unfortunately, I have to knock off one lipstick from the rating bc it really does smell like turpentine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this in the 1 oz tube on eBay and so far, so good! I didn't think it would work well to to its non-emollient nature, but it seems to be doing just fine - I guess it's the glycolic acid. The smell doesn't bother me at all and I love the fact that like others have said, there's no stickiness or greasy feeling - I put it on at night after "sanding" my heels and wear cotton socks to bed. Looking forward to getting this in the larger size - great stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2005 10:05:00 PM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This did not work on my dry heels. I dont like the smell of pepermint.