September 1, 2014 | 2075 users online

Liquid - Sisley - Oil Free Fluid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Real good foundation with decent staying power and coverage. Colors selection is very broad. Very expensive but probably worth it as it aslo contains phyto elements. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by renijp

When i used this foundation (sample) my skin was clear because i have just finished my acid peeling a couple of moths before, and i want`s taking any sun for the last 70 days as well because i was recovering from a surgery at home. At that time, I had a balaned skin and just a light hiperpigmentation on the left cheek bone (genetic).
The foundation itself:
Texture: it`s indeed the most lightweight i encountered, almost watery.
Finish: that was my problem with it. I wasn`t matte, or illuminating, or dewey, or youthfull or anything. It was just plain. Did enhance my skin or my look in absolutelly nothing.
Coverage: even with a good skin, that very light hiperpigmentation showed up.
Lasting power: it doens last. Althought i was in a cold, dry weather with the oils at bay, i think it would endure properlly a summer weather too.
My problem with it: it`s not even the light coverage, it`s just this plain finish. It doen`st make up look a bit better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by SPONZA1711

Best foundation ever!
Makes my skin so natural and healthy. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Best liquid foundation I ever try..It is light weight,it apply smoothly onto skin,it cover up imperfection and hydrates by leaving skin matte thru out the day..It is long lasting as well..Normally the liquid foundation i used never last for long hrs thus it is not matifying enough for my skin,i can still see my skin shine after few hrs..Although the sisley liquid foundation cost S$142 but I think is worth buying it..no breakout or whiteheads appearing on skin..touchwood!!!!!happy happy!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Iíve tried five 2ml samples of this foundation (which is the amount of one third of the full-size bottle) in several shades (3, 2+, 1). I have fair skin, neutral undertone and up to now I used Dior Diorskin Fluide in shade 100, which is the perfect match to my skin (just as the lightest shade of every Dior foundation). My skin is oily and, while I do not have heavy acne and I am not breakout prone, I can count on one acne per week. My pores are also very expanded.
What I require from the foundation is minimal coverage Ė the foundation smply needs to even-out my skin tone, cover slight discolourations and minimize the appearance of the pores. This foundation has lower to medium coverage and the people looking for heavy coverage may want to avoid it (although it is possible to add one more layer to get better coverage, some wouldnít consider it heavy enough).
It is very lightweight (also a ďmustĒ for the foundations) and you can barely feel that you wear one. Small amount is needed, which is good because the foundation is very expensive. It evens out the skintone and covers discolourations. The foundation is lightly fragranced, but the smell completely disappears after application. I used the sampels every day for a month (usually when Iím at home, because the coulour didnít matched). During that time I experienced no breakouts. It minimizes the appearance of the pores and doesnít accentuate dry, flakey skin. It lasts all day and provides natural, slightly matte finish, but I cannot say that mattifies because I had to use blotting papers after several hours.
This foundation definitely needs to be tested before the purchase, because some shades, although at first seem too dark, later adapt and they match your skin tone perfectly.
Now, onto the shades Iíve tried.
3(natural) is way too dark for my skin. It goes a bit orangey and definitely it is not something I would call natural. It would probably be good after I got a lot of tan. At first, it seemed much darker, but after half an hour it settled to a much lighter shade, although even this is too dark and orangey for me.
2+ (sand) is also too dark. It is not as orange as 3, but still has very obvious yellow undertone. I managed to pull it out during summer when Iím tanned.
1 (ivory) would be the closest match if it werenít for the yellow undertone which makes it look very unnatural on me.
I think that my perfect match would be 0 (porcelain).
Iíve noticed that Sisley is planning to launch several new shades, so maybe I could find my match.

UPDATE 02/01/2010 - I wrote the initial review after testing the foundation during summer, when my skin is usually more oily, not dehydrated and therefore it is not flaking. In winter during three or four weeks I use only AHA/BHA moisturizers, which dry out my skin. In my quest for the new foundation I decided to check new colours and give it a try, but, unfortunately this foundation does't look good on dehydrated skin. When I put it on, it empasized every flake and every dehydrated area, and the skin simply looked bad. Fortunately, after several hours, as my skin got more oilier, the dry areas were not as obvious. This is still an excellent foundation (especially for the summer), and I won't change my rating, but people with flaky/dehydrated skin should probably test it before.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Farforah1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

is this the best foundation available for girls with t zone or what?? omg this stuff is important in my life.. its like water and food .. this is my skin Shelter!!

you know i am from dubai .. and during summmerrr nothing can beat the Humidity and the heat srsly! i tried every thing .. EL, MAC, LP, LM, clinique, bobbi brown chanel gavinshy gurllain ... mind the spelling mistakes ;p bs srsly this is the best foundation i have came across in my life!

thank you sisley for this amazing foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ekma2008

It is the best foundation I have tried so far

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The SA gave me a sample in #2+ Sand and #3 Natural, #3 is way too dark, it looks like a rustic brown on me, at the moment , I am NC35, my summer tone.
It is not until I used the #2+ that I know I tanned into a peachy undertone, no wonder I couldn't find a good match in summer, while lighter colour turns ashy & darker colours looks muddy. The #2+ does have a peachy undertone to it, & the tiniest amount takes care of all the pores & takes care of some minor flaws.
This is definitely not a heavy pigmented product, unlike some other fdn which I can go over my melasma for extra coverage, this product does not respond well to this extra step. I go over the melasma with my faithful CdP concealer. The colour stayed true for 4 hours, my face do perspired in summer, sometimes quite a bit, since I like to walk fast. I just press my face with a kleenex to blot & the fdn stayed put. With such tiny amount, I am truly surprised.
The smell does not bother me, although the pump bottle is not a good design, but then so are the other creams & lotions as well.
The little sample package was good for 6 applications (2 ml) which tells you how little I used to get the result.
Definitely will go back to get the full size.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

I don't understand all the hype about this foundation. It's not better than any other, and definitely not worth the price!

It is thin and nice, but Vichy and Estee Lauder has got thin foundations too....that I liked better. This one has also got some strange smell....like some "potpourri-mix".....yuck! And it didn't cover my enlarged pores...

Just nothing special!

Won't buy agan!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I have found for my oily skin. It feels so light and did not cause any breakouts. It has good staying power. I made the mistake after I ran out of my bottle of trying Cle De Peau and that was a mistake and a waste of money. The color match was good but that was about it. I was even more oily & it wasn't long lasting at all. Sisley is pricey but it is worth it. I returned the Cle De Peau and repurchased another bottle of Sisley :-)