Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 6/18/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product**

I bought this at the same time as regular cetaphil. I've been using the gentle one for a few weeks, but used this for a stretch in there as well. First off, my skin sucks and I break out to any and everything. For years I tried every product, even diet changes and nothing works so I have to assume it's not just what I put on my face but also internal and therefore I can't blame a face product unless it makes it horribly worse.

So that said, I first hoped this would be foaming enough to clean, but gentle enough to not strip me and make things worse. The smell was instantly offensive and I almost didn't buy it. I can't tolerate additives like that and though they say they use it to mask the smell, I have to wonder how bad the original smell is if that's considered an improvement. YUCK. And I can handle a lot of smelly products. But no.

The first time I use this, like any other product, I liked it. But for some reason I felt like I noticed the bumps more after using it. Some products do that, they almost 'highlight' them for you. Maybe it's helping to expel them, but I've been dealing with a lot of face products over the years, and it's never a good thing. All the times I tried to use this, my temptation to pick at my face was heightened and I did it, which of course made everything worse. It isn't drying and from what I can tell, it wasn't causing any major acne issues (I still have cysts with the cetaphil gentle which is not ok and yet it's still the better of the cleansers I've tried :P). I think this would work on normal people who didn't have my issues, but because of the smell, I wouldn't try to keep using it if I could use anything. I think I'm going to return it and suffer in silence with my cetaphil gentle until I can get insurance to see a dr about my skin issues. (Dr didn't help, btw. Unfortunately....)

on 6/1/2014 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Why does this not have 5 stars? I love this. Simply love. I had a huge outbreak of cystic acne thanks to a horrible bronzer. I used this and it literally calms down acne over night. My cystic acne was very bad so it took about a week to get it to calm down but thanks to this cleanser, its gone. Whenever I get home from the gym, I love using this because it takes off all the oil and gunk! Will never switch to anything! I have super oily skin and this is a life saver.

on 5/28/2014 3:47:00 AM

First,it is a very runny gel almost like water consistency,and has a very strong chemical baby powder smell,it doesn't foam at all,nor does it absorb oil,it just makes my face slippery and slightly burn,very bad and overrated product,bought the tiniest 125ml bottle for $13 what a waste!

on 5/11/2014 3:20:00 PM

I have tried this cleanser several times over the years in hopes to make it work. Unfortunately, I have to "Throw in the towel". Initially it works so well and cleans my skin great, but over time I start to get flakey skin. I gave it 4 lippies because this is an awesome cleanser for someone with the intended skin type "Normal to Oily". It removes make up. I like it enough to have tried it several times. It just isn't for me personally because apparently I need something more moisturizing. I think if you have the intended skin type, this is definitely worth a try. It does have a masking fragrance, that I personally like. Some may not.

on 3/29/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So, I actually picked up a double pack accidentally at BJ's. Initially, I was very upset that I bought this instead of the regular Cetaphil. By the time I got around to realizing that this wasn't the "regular" Cetaphil, it was too late to return it. So, I tried this. I actually like it better than the regular Cetaphil.

I have combination skin. This works better than the original for my skin type. My skin feels clean after using this, but not tight. Like the original Cetaphil, it doesn't really lather up. The only thing I find strange is that they decided to add fragrance. I'm not bothered by it. However, I know a lot of people with sensitive skin do avoid fragrances.

on 3/25/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using it for the last three months. So far, it works wonder for my oily and acne prone skin. It cleanse without leaving my skin too dry that a light oil free moisturizer can't handle. I bought the 16 fl oz pack of two for only $16.94. it's cheaper than all of other cleansers i've tried.

on 3/22/2014 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've recently started using this product and I swear I stopped breaking out from it! I have very acne-prone skin and nothing I try ever seems to clear up my break-outs. But a few weeks into trying this cleanser out, I noticed I wasn't breaking out anymore... Only one or two pimples would come up, but that is a huge decrease compared to the clusters of acne I've battled with. I feel like if I continue using this, maybe my break-outs will stop altogether. Really hoping so!

I didn't notice a difference in it controlling the oils on my face, but my major concern is clearing up my acne, which this product seems to be doing.

There is a subtle scent to it, nothing major, bad, or annoying IMO. The packaging also indicates that it foams.. but I can't seem to get it to foam no matter how much I lather it between my fingers before even applying it onto my face. It comes out as a gel consistency.

UPDATE: Officially my holy grail face product! I think I am finally done my years of breaking out, thanks to this product! My face was out of control for about 5 years now.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS if you have troubled/acne-prone skin. You won't need no cream or gel, any prescribed topical or pills. The secret was in this CLEANSER all along!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've just been using this product for two days, but I can say that it works wonders to my skin. I have a major breakout because of my previous cleanser. This cleanser gives me a clean and fresh feeling after washing my face, but it doesn't make it overly dry. It's really gentle and doesn't irritate my skin. I still have pimples but I think they got better. I'll continue to use this product,, ah, and I love the smell too.

on 3/20/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I bought this after reading a few reviews and articles about how well it worked. After using it for a few weeks I'm now hooked!

I have combination/oily skin that is sensitive and I also have some mild acne and rosacea, so problem skin all around. I have tried several expensive brands and gentle brands. For a while I was using products from The Body Shop and they worked ok. I picked Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser up on my last trip to Ulta and I'm so glad I did.

I liked it after using it the first time but I wanted to see how well it would perform after using it regularly. It's now been almost a month and I use it daily. My skin is clearer and seems to produce less oil. I use 1 pump all over my face and neck and follow with a toner for sensitive skin and light moisturizer. It leaves my skin clean and dirt free without feeling dry and tight. There is a slight scent but nothing bad, in fact I kind of like it because it's not really flowery like some others are.

I wish I had tried this years ago. I would have saved myself a lot of money on trying expensive brands. I will definitely buy this again. In fact I'll probably get another bottle to leave in my shower.

on 3/8/2014 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have decided this is my HG cleanser (along with Noxzema). Here's why:

Removes face and eye makeup
Works well with clarisonic, washcloth, or apricot scrub for extra exfoliation
Available at any drugstore in different sizes (8 oz, 16 oz, sometimes 20 oz.)
Tames my oily skin beautifully without dehydrating it
Helped me get through TTOM with minimal breakouts
Scented but not annoyingly so
Cheap! ($6 for 8 oz at Target)
I can't stop touching my cheeks after I use it--seriously soft

This cleanser is SO much better than the gentle one for me. Suits my needs perfectly. I'm looking forward to rebuying this