December 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by hellodolly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It smells amazing and has a melting texture. Read: fondant. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

I actually like this cocoa butter scent. I don't care for the palmers scent at all, which is too sweet. This smells perfect for what it is. I find it greasy and heavy. I still like though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This butter's smell was so strong that even though I liked at first use after a while I just became hating it.
It won't be absorbed in the skin too well during summer either.
I haven't noticed any difference in my skin after the short time I used it except that it smelled too strongly and it was sticky and annoying on warm weather...
Will never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

this is a body butter i really love, but i must admit the previous times i have owned it, i have felt a bit sick and overpowered by the scent. but i still keep coming back to it, because it is a lovely (heavy) smell that is quite unusual, but mainly because the moisturization is fantastic and makes me feel really soft and nourished.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I love cocoa butter. After eyeing this product for a long time, I finally went and bought it recently.

I mainly use this on my elbows and legs, and this is rich enough that when I apply it at night, both areas are still soft and smooth by the next morning. You don't need a lot, really. I just lightly dip my fingertips into the tub and pat it on my skin, then rub it around.

The smell is nice, not too strong, but my nose isn't really good at catching scents in the first place. This stuff does its job, but it does bug me that it contains parabens. I think it will last me a long time so by the time it runs out, I'm sure I'll find a substitute that has more natural/less ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

I bought this a couple of years ago and loved it, though the packaging leaves something to be desired, as once you have smeared the nice slippery stuff on your hands, it's difficult to put the lid back on (or to try and do it one-handed). I used this for a long while, especially in the winter, and it really moisturized my legs (they get very dry and sensitive in the winter months), but eventually I noticed that the ingredients weren't nearly as natural as The Body Shop leads you to think. There are a lot more ingredients than one would think, and this stuff contains parabens. Not cool. Won't be buying again. : (

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite products from The Body Shop! This is an excellent body cream that you can use all year. Kinda on the pricey side but worth the extra $$. It takes a little while for this to absorb into the skin but lasts out most of the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I meant to get the shea butter body butter, but picked this one up instead. It smells good, not too strong. It has a thick texture that takes awhile to absorb in my skin, but leaves me feeling incredibly soft and the fragrance lasts. While this is not my favorite body butter, I do like it. I especially like that I can slip the jar into my purse or gym bag, just wish it was more hygenic. I have tried different brands of cocoa butter and this is a bit on the pricier side, but worth a shot. I don't get that overwhelming chocolate scent other cocoa butters have. This is a tad lighter and wearable for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Check out my notepad to read a more detailed explanation of my body skin type!

What it Claims:
"An intensive, creamy all-over body moisturizer. It absorbs into the skin easily, helping to condition, soften and smooth the skin. Once you get over the indulgent tropical scent, slick this on and be transported all over again."

Claims - True or False?
1) Absorbs easily: True, but it can take some time to absorb as it is quite thick.
2) Soften and smooth the skin: True. It leaves my skin feeling really nice and hydrated.

Packaging:
Comes in a plastic tub with a very elegant and pretty label. The colours match up with the fragrance and is overall practical and aesthetically pleasing. Easy for travel as well.

Smell:
Unlike their body wash, this product has a very strong and long-lasting chocolate scent that can easily linger on the skin for hours. I wear this at night and after showers on areas with stretch marks, and when I wake up I can sometimes still smell it. I adore the scent though, and it does not cause any irritation or allergic reactions, so I'm a fan of the strength of the smell. Does not smell artificial, which makes it even more fun to apply!

Consistency:
This is a very thick and creamy body butter. Some of their butters are thinner and run when tipped over, but this one stays in place, making it a great travel-friendly choice. It applies smoothly and slightly greasy.

Ease of Use:
Because of how thick it is, it is very easy to control and apply to specific areas. Blends out nicely and is easy to massage into the skin, although it can take a few minutes to really get it nicely massaged in. The tub opens and closes without any issues.

Bang for your Buck:
Although you can easily buy the smaller tubs if you'd rather not use it very often, this product can become slightly pricey to repurchase on a regular basis. At $20.00 for 200ml, if used all over, it will definitely be used up within months, but if used only on certain areas of your body or used a few times a week/once a day, it might last longer. It's definitely worth a purchase though, but should probably be used with other products as well. I've had this product for less than a month, and I am at least 1/3 of the way through. So, I definitely think that the price should be lowered, or the contents should be raised.

Final Consensus:
While I adore the results and the scent of this product, I find that it definitely is far too highly priced for what you get. I am assuming that you can easily get other similar products for a cheaper price, but it's a wonderful butter to purchase as a Christmas or birthday present. I will repurchase, but will likely go to other brands to find something more affordable.

Overall Rating: 5/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by stir

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like TBS body butters and this one is one of my favorites. It goes on creamy and feels great on my skin. I love the texture - its creamy and buttery. You wont be disappointed by the feel, smell or quality. My one complaint about the body butters is that they have gone up in price and are not really a good value for the cost.