The Body Shop Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), MethylPARABEN (Preservative), PropylPARABEN (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour)

on 9/26/2010 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've got this in a special deal that the Body Shop does every now and then. Alone the tub is 20 bucks so I usually wait when they have sales. 3 for $30 or those buy one get one sales or whatever. This is my favorite body butter. I wanted pure cocoa butter that's just extra moisturizing and this does it for me. I use this every night after I shower and I tend to be fairly dry during the harsh cold seasons. This leaves my body feeling baby bottom smooth. I'm addicted to body butters and this by far is just my absoulte favorite.

on 9/3/2010 9:54:00 PM

I *love* this body butter. I use it less in the summer because my skin doesn't need as much moisturization...but in the harsh dry winter it's the only thing that keeps my skin from flaking. I love that the main ingredients (cocoa/brazil nut/shea butters) are so good for the skin...and another great plus is that the scent is slightly sweet but not overpowering (personal preference - I don't like smelling like food). It melts into the skin with a bit of massaging (be patient - it's a butter after all); but once it sinks in my skin feels very supple and comfortable. I like this one even more than the Olive body butter because it feels more nourishing and...well, 'wholesome'! I've stocked up while it's on sale - will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!

on 8/22/2010 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It smells amazing and has a melting texture. Read: fondant. I love it.

I actually like this cocoa butter scent. I don't care for the palmers scent at all, which is too sweet. This smells perfect for what it is. I find it greasy and heavy. I still like though.

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This butter's smell was so strong that even though I liked at first use after a while I just became hating it.
It won't be absorbed in the skin too well during summer either.
I haven't noticed any difference in my skin after the short time I used it except that it smelled too strongly and it was sticky and annoying on warm weather...
Will never buy again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

this is a body butter i really love, but i must admit the previous times i have owned it, i have felt a bit sick and overpowered by the scent. but i still keep coming back to it, because it is a lovely (heavy) smell that is quite unusual, but mainly because the moisturization is fantastic and makes me feel really soft and nourished.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love cocoa butter. After eyeing this product for a long time, I finally went and bought it recently.

I mainly use this on my elbows and legs, and this is rich enough that when I apply it at night, both areas are still soft and smooth by the next morning. You don't need a lot, really. I just lightly dip my fingertips into the tub and pat it on my skin, then rub it around.

The smell is nice, not too strong, but my nose isn't really good at catching scents in the first place. This stuff does its job, but it does bug me that it contains parabens. I think it will last me a long time so by the time it runs out, I'm sure I'll find a substitute that has more natural/less ingredients.

I bought this a couple of years ago and loved it, though the packaging leaves something to be desired, as once you have smeared the nice slippery stuff on your hands, it's difficult to put the lid back on (or to try and do it one-handed). I used this for a long while, especially in the winter, and it really moisturized my legs (they get very dry and sensitive in the winter months), but eventually I noticed that the ingredients weren't nearly as natural as The Body Shop leads you to think. There are a lot more ingredients than one would think, and this stuff contains parabens. Not cool. Won't be buying again. : (

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

One of my favorite products from The Body Shop! This is an excellent body cream that you can use all year. Kinda on the pricey side but worth the extra $$. It takes a little while for this to absorb into the skin but lasts out most of the day.

on 3/11/2010 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I meant to get the shea butter body butter, but picked this one up instead. It smells good, not too strong. It has a thick texture that takes awhile to absorb in my skin, but leaves me feeling incredibly soft and the fragrance lasts. While this is not my favorite body butter, I do like it. I especially like that I can slip the jar into my purse or gym bag, just wish it was more hygenic. I have tried different brands of cocoa butter and this is a bit on the pricier side, but worth a shot. I don't get that overwhelming chocolate scent other cocoa butters have. This is a tad lighter and wearable for me.

Popular Lotions / Creams