October 20, 2014 | 2077 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - extra rich biotin shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2005 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Rubybreath

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been trying to go all natural with my hair products and have been weaning my hair off of SLS and silicones. I bought this shampoo after looking at Jason's site and it seemed to have so many amazing ingredients. Imagine my surprise the other night when I actually read the label on the shampoo bottle and saw not one but TWO silicones listed (conveniently not listed on their site in the ingredient description!). Silicone in shampoo???? All natural huh? They get two thumbs resiliently down for that move and I am so disappointed in a company that misleads people by not listing every ingredient contained in their product on their site. No more Jason's for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 12:42:00 PM More reviews by queenV

I have been using almost exclusively natural shampoos for the past few years, and tried 2 types of Jason shampoos (the Biotin & the Sea Kelp), but am not a huge fan. I have normal hair that's long & gets oily at the roots, but dry at the ends. It's OK as a basic shampoo - it cleans my hair, but doesn't do anything specific, nor does it smell like much (doesn't smell bad, but not great either). I have now gone back to much prefer Avalon Organics shampoos, which are far superior & equally priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2005 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Brunette_Beauty80

Like this stuff. I have normal to oily hair. Which is color treated & also fine. I like the fact you lather twice. It makes my hair feel soft & clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2005 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Bcakes

The shampoo I am reviewing is called Natural Biotin Shampoo. At first I really liked it but I think that it does leave a coating on my hair. I have oily roots and thick, fine, normal hair otherwise. The Aloe Vera and Apricot ones from Jason are great though!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by LadyCougrrr

I bought this shampoo because I love the natural sea kelp one by Jason's. This one is supposed to be very nurishing for your scalp and is good for fine and thinning hair. It is supposed to boost growth.

It is a pretty good shampoo. I like the herbal/mint smell, and it made my scalp feel really nice.

The only thing that I didn't like is that because it is formulated for fine hair, I think it is a volumizing shampoo. My hair was more poofy and the individual hairs were plumped up. This I didn't like because though it looked shiny and soft, it really wasn't soft at all. At least, not like when I use the Sea Kelp or Avalon Organics. And I don't need extra volume to my hair!

So I won't be using this one again. But definately try it, it might be the shampoo for you.

ETA: They've changed their formulas, adding silicones and other synthetics to both shampoo and conditioner. I don't recommend this line anymore, and am hoping they change back.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2005 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Bluewaters

doesn't clean my hair or scalp well...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2004 11:33:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful. Used in conjunction with Biotin conditioner, and it stripped and further dried my colortreated hair.
Gave it 2 lippies because my hair was colortreated & therefore tough to treat BUT this stuff made it worse, did not leave it in same condition as before I used it, so it gets a bad grade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 5:54:00 PM More reviews by retailtherapy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great shampoo for my fine fine and delicate hair. I do have to rinse very thoroughly before conditioning with the companion product. I recommend this to anyone that wants to move away from the commercialized, chemical-filled shampoos. I'm off to leave a review for the conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it's because it's "extra rich", but whatever the reason, this does not cleanse my hair at all.

I even tried lathering up with this *three* times in the shower and still my hair looked like an oily mess when it dried. Yuck! It's either far too moisturizing or it's not a great cleansing shampoo which defeats the purpose of it being a shampoo, right?

I couldn't even use it on my dog so I had to toss it. Stay away from this one, it's waste of money. It was around $8 where I purchased it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by snowcone831

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the natural ingredients and it leaves my color treated hair soft. It is a decent shampoo at a decent price.