Jason Natural Cosmetics extra rich biotin shampoo

3.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (1), Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower\Leaf\Stem Extract (1), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Biotin, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride,Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcool (1), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol,Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Fragrance (Parfum)

I have fine, flat, highlighted hair. The product I'm reviewing is the Natural Biotin Shampoo. It doesn't say extra-rich on my bottle.

At first I did NOT like this shampoo. It weighed my hair down and left it feeling coated. I was going to give it to my sister-in-law who has thick hair. But I decided to give it a few more tries. I really like it now. It makes my hair feel thick and strong without being dry. I had been using volumizing shampoos which made my hair really dried and gave me a lot of fly-aways.

I agree with some posters that there is a slightly coated feeling, but it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I think my hair has more body than it has in a long time due to this shampoo.

This shampoo was not very effective on my fine hair,it left a coated feeling and weighed down my hair.The scent is very overpowering and I broke out with bumps on my scalp.the conditioner is no better then the shampoo in my opinion,did not help with the hair thinning or growth issues at all!

well, Jason did not keep promises, because it contains Sodium Myreth sulfate, which is another a bit milder version of Sodium laureth sulfate!but who knows what's beter, because all natural shampoos has either sulfates or cocamidopropyl betaine, which is not so know as unsafe , but is not safe as well and has proven links to cancer!!!!
as far as i know the only two shampoos in Jason's line which are free from it(and really great too) are jason's EFA shampoo and Jason's jojoba shampoo( truly wonderful shampo!!!!!!)

I tried some at a friend's house. It stripped the color from my brunette highlights and made them look weird and yellow. Should be a warning on the bottle.

I have been trying to go all natural with my hair products and have been weaning my hair off of SLS and silicones. I bought this shampoo after looking at Jason's site and it seemed to have so many amazing ingredients. Imagine my surprise the other night when I actually read the label on the shampoo bottle and saw not one but TWO silicones listed (conveniently not listed on their site in the ingredient description!). Silicone in shampoo???? All natural huh? They get two thumbs resiliently down for that move and I am so disappointed in a company that misleads people by not listing every ingredient contained in their product on their site. No more Jason's for me.

I have been using almost exclusively natural shampoos for the past few years, and tried 2 types of Jason shampoos (the Biotin & the Sea Kelp), but am not a huge fan. I have normal hair that's long & gets oily at the roots, but dry at the ends. It's OK as a basic shampoo - it cleans my hair, but doesn't do anything specific, nor does it smell like much (doesn't smell bad, but not great either). I have now gone back to much prefer Avalon Organics shampoos, which are far superior & equally priced.

Like this stuff. I have normal to oily hair. Which is color treated & also fine. I like the fact you lather twice. It makes my hair feel soft & clean.

The shampoo I am reviewing is called Natural Biotin Shampoo. At first I really liked it but I think that it does leave a coating on my hair. I have oily roots and thick, fine, normal hair otherwise. The Aloe Vera and Apricot ones from Jason are great though!

I bought this shampoo because I love the natural sea kelp one by Jason's. This one is supposed to be very nurishing for your scalp and is good for fine and thinning hair. It is supposed to boost growth.

It is a pretty good shampoo. I like the herbal/mint smell, and it made my scalp feel really nice.

The only thing that I didn't like is that because it is formulated for fine hair, I think it is a volumizing shampoo. My hair was more poofy and the individual hairs were plumped up. This I didn't like because though it looked shiny and soft, it really wasn't soft at all. At least, not like when I use the Sea Kelp or Avalon Organics. And I don't need extra volume to my hair!

So I won't be using this one again. But definately try it, it might be the shampoo for you.

ETA: They've changed their formulas, adding silicones and other synthetics to both shampoo and conditioner. I don't recommend this line anymore, and am hoping they change back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

doesn't clean my hair or scalp well...

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products