April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - extra rich biotin shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2005 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Bcakes

The shampoo I am reviewing is called Natural Biotin Shampoo. At first I really liked it but I think that it does leave a coating on my hair. I have oily roots and thick, fine, normal hair otherwise. The Aloe Vera and Apricot ones from Jason are great though!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by LadyCougrrr

I bought this shampoo because I love the natural sea kelp one by Jason's. This one is supposed to be very nurishing for your scalp and is good for fine and thinning hair. It is supposed to boost growth.

It is a pretty good shampoo. I like the herbal/mint smell, and it made my scalp feel really nice.

The only thing that I didn't like is that because it is formulated for fine hair, I think it is a volumizing shampoo. My hair was more poofy and the individual hairs were plumped up. This I didn't like because though it looked shiny and soft, it really wasn't soft at all. At least, not like when I use the Sea Kelp or Avalon Organics. And I don't need extra volume to my hair!

So I won't be using this one again. But definately try it, it might be the shampoo for you.

ETA: They've changed their formulas, adding silicones and other synthetics to both shampoo and conditioner. I don't recommend this line anymore, and am hoping they change back.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2005 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Bluewaters

doesn't clean my hair or scalp well...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2004 11:33:00 PM More reviews by LiisUsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful. Used in conjunction with Biotin conditioner, and it stripped and further dried my colortreated hair.
Gave it 2 lippies because my hair was colortreated & therefore tough to treat BUT this stuff made it worse, did not leave it in same condition as before I used it, so it gets a bad grade.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 5:54:00 PM More reviews by retailtherapy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great shampoo for my fine fine and delicate hair. I do have to rinse very thoroughly before conditioning with the companion product. I recommend this to anyone that wants to move away from the commercialized, chemical-filled shampoos. I'm off to leave a review for the conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it's because it's "extra rich", but whatever the reason, this does not cleanse my hair at all.

I even tried lathering up with this *three* times in the shower and still my hair looked like an oily mess when it dried. Yuck! It's either far too moisturizing or it's not a great cleansing shampoo which defeats the purpose of it being a shampoo, right?

I couldn't even use it on my dog so I had to toss it. Stay away from this one, it's waste of money. It was around $8 where I purchased it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by snowcone831

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the natural ingredients and it leaves my color treated hair soft. It is a decent shampoo at a decent price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2003 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPandaPSC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the smell, and the fact that almost all the ingredients are natural(compared to some products that have next to nothing for natural ingredients).
However, I do not like the fact that it does not seem to wash my hair. My bangs look oily after I wash them with this stuff, and it leaves a "film" on the rest of my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2003 11:23:00 PM More reviews by hypechick

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

supposed to be good for your hair. i like it okay, not much smell, but you have to wash twice, first a light lather - mild wash, then rinse, then a deep, rich lather - heavier wash....but it works okay :)