Jason Natural Cosmetics extra rich biotin shampoo

3.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (1), Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower\Leaf\Stem Extract (1), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Biotin, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride,Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcool (1), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol,Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 11/26/2005 8:54:00 PM

I tried some at a friend's house. It stripped the color from my brunette highlights and made them look weird and yellow. Should be a warning on the bottle.

on 8/31/2005 9:28:00 AM

I have been trying to go all natural with my hair products and have been weaning my hair off of SLS and silicones. I bought this shampoo after looking at Jason's site and it seemed to have so many amazing ingredients. Imagine my surprise the other night when I actually read the label on the shampoo bottle and saw not one but TWO silicones listed (conveniently not listed on their site in the ingredient description!). Silicone in shampoo???? All natural huh? They get two thumbs resiliently down for that move and I am so disappointed in a company that misleads people by not listing every ingredient contained in their product on their site. No more Jason's for me.

on 7/21/2005 12:42:00 PM

I have been using almost exclusively natural shampoos for the past few years, and tried 2 types of Jason shampoos (the Biotin & the Sea Kelp), but am not a huge fan. I have normal hair that's long & gets oily at the roots, but dry at the ends. It's OK as a basic shampoo - it cleans my hair, but doesn't do anything specific, nor does it smell like much (doesn't smell bad, but not great either). I have now gone back to much prefer Avalon Organics shampoos, which are far superior & equally priced.

Like this stuff. I have normal to oily hair. Which is color treated & also fine. I like the fact you lather twice. It makes my hair feel soft & clean.

on 5/24/2005 1:04:00 PM

The shampoo I am reviewing is called Natural Biotin Shampoo. At first I really liked it but I think that it does leave a coating on my hair. I have oily roots and thick, fine, normal hair otherwise. The Aloe Vera and Apricot ones from Jason are great though!

on 3/15/2005 11:20:00 PM

I bought this shampoo because I love the natural sea kelp one by Jason's. This one is supposed to be very nurishing for your scalp and is good for fine and thinning hair. It is supposed to boost growth.

It is a pretty good shampoo. I like the herbal/mint smell, and it made my scalp feel really nice.

The only thing that I didn't like is that because it is formulated for fine hair, I think it is a volumizing shampoo. My hair was more poofy and the individual hairs were plumped up. This I didn't like because though it looked shiny and soft, it really wasn't soft at all. At least, not like when I use the Sea Kelp or Avalon Organics. And I don't need extra volume to my hair!

So I won't be using this one again. But definately try it, it might be the shampoo for you.

ETA: They've changed their formulas, adding silicones and other synthetics to both shampoo and conditioner. I don't recommend this line anymore, and am hoping they change back.

on 3/8/2005 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

doesn't clean my hair or scalp well...

on 5/2/2004 11:33:00 PM

Awful. Used in conjunction with Biotin conditioner, and it stripped and further dried my colortreated hair.
Gave it 2 lippies because my hair was colortreated & therefore tough to treat BUT this stuff made it worse, did not leave it in same condition as before I used it, so it gets a bad grade.

Great shampoo for my fine fine and delicate hair. I do have to rinse very thoroughly before conditioning with the companion product. I recommend this to anyone that wants to move away from the commercialized, chemical-filled shampoos. I'm off to leave a review for the conditioner.

on 7/27/2003 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe it's because it's "extra rich", but whatever the reason, this does not cleanse my hair at all.

I even tried lathering up with this *three* times in the shower and still my hair looked like an oily mess when it dried. Yuck! It's either far too moisturizing or it's not a great cleansing shampoo which defeats the purpose of it being a shampoo, right?

I couldn't even use it on my dog so I had to toss it. Stay away from this one, it's waste of money. It was around $8 where I purchased it.

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products