MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder

Talc, Silica, Octyldodecyl lactate, Isononyl isononanoate, Nylon-12, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl palmiatate, Lecithin, Aluminum sulvvphate, zeolite, zein, perfluoropolymethylisopropyl ether, BHT, tetrasodium edta, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben

on 11/12/2011 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is such a good product! I have this in NW 15 and it matches my skin perfectly. It mattifies the shininess of my daycream and if I wear moisturizer and concealer it will make sure that those products stay on my skin for many many hours. I'm already at my 4th case and I don't see myself buying any other pressed powder than this one. It just looks so good!

on 11/10/2011 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ok so i have weird skin, its dry on the surface but oily underneath.. Lately my skin has been looking alot better so i got this powder from MAC and started using just concealr where necessary and setting with powder. This powder did such a good job of evening out my skin tone without looking cakey or dry. Now i just use a moisturizer and Sheer Select! Amazingly natural look, i love it! I had to take out 1 lippie cos i feel that this product does not look good when re applied.

on 11/5/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been wearing this powder for at least six years now and I absolutely love it. I honestly don't know how many compacts I did however make the mistake of switching over to MAC's Studio Careblend and I quickly returned back to my beloved holy grail powder, before I even hit pan! This powder blends into the skin so amazingly that it is virtually undetectable. I constantly receive compliments on my skin and people always want to know which foundation I wear. They're always surprised to know that I am in fact not wearing any foundation at all, and that I'm simply wearing concealer along with this powder. The best thing about the Select Sheer Pressed Powder is the price! It's quite affordable for a MAC powder and I certainly don't mind purchasing it several times throughout the year. I just hope MAC never discontinues this powder!

on 11/1/2011 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i used this for touchups and I've gone through the entire product.
really makes your skin look better
doesn't look chalky

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This does give me matt finish, however, after coupke hours, it just totally melt into my tzone, i have to blot out oil then reapply it, love the puff that comes with it.

on 10/25/2011 1:37:00 AM

I came from using MAC's Studio Fix before trying this one out. This one has light coverage and so is less cakey. Even though there are fewer shades to choose from, I feel like this matches my skin better than the Fix does also. It actually looks wonderful in photographs. It gives your face a healthy glow without looking too shiny. It is a great every day powder to set your foundation.

Unfortunately, it seems like the product gets used up quickly and I am not even a heavy applicator. I hit the pan much sooner than I ever expected. So it could get expensive. I will definitely repurchase it.

on 10/3/2011 2:30:00 AM

I wear powder foundation so I only use this to set my undereye concealer - it works great for that as long as you work the powder into the bristles of whatever brush you use (I prefer to pat it on with a flat foundation brush) on the back of your hand first.

on 9/30/2011 6:43:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product! This powder is exactly what Ive been looking for and the best part is, the shade matches me perfect! I bought NC5 (the lightest shade) because Im extremely pale and this blends in with my skin amazingly!

This powder controls oil and shine without getting cakey... sometimes I reapply it in the afternoon but its usually not necassary. I dont normally wear foundation because I like to feel clean/natural and this covers just the right amount of redness in my skin without making it look like im wearing anything and It doesnt sink into pores, it actually makes them appear smaller!

The only downside about this powder is the packaging.. I wish there was a separate compartment between the poof/sponge and the product but I can live with it. I also think its pretty expensive for what it is ... I think maybe 5 or so dollars cheaper would be better but oh well! Ill keep using it!

on 9/28/2011 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

MAC pressed powders work as any pressed powders would, however, I've found that throughout the day, as you press and press powder, your face begins to look a little cakey and white. I suggest using MAC blot powder instead, it is completely translucent and can also be used to set foundation. Same price, even better buy.

on 9/28/2011 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I was not overly impressed with this powder as i had to keep re applying every 1-2 hours,but realy liked the design of the packaging as it is very portable and comes with a mirror and powder puff,this powder looks good and not cakey over Studio Fix Fluid.
I bought the powder in NC15 and it mached my SFF NC15 perfectly
I would not buy this again beacause i think it only looks good after first application.