April 18, 2014 | 1299 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by egantukh

This foundation is the best one in the world!!!! I was looking for a good foundation for a long time. I tried a lot of different brands like Mac, Lancome, Bare Minerals etc. All of them are good but didn't really work for me...I'm using Double Wear foundation for about a week, and every time I look at the mirror I can't stop looking how amazingly this foundation works. It is long lasting(from 9am to 11pm). It says that it gives matte finish, but for me it doesn't which is a good thing. It gives me perfect glowing!!! I will definitely purchase it again!!!and it doesn't matter that it costs 36$ for me...it's worth every dollar!!! Love it! I'm glad I found it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by hatrick01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

wanted to love this. so may raving reviews. i have used the old and new formulas and neither suits my skin. it is just outright fake looking. the shade, shell was perfect, but once on my face all color was washed out. I looked flat and fake, which aged me. This smells like paint and felt unhealthy. The foundation also pronounced dryness and lines and cracked when i smiled. All application methods were used. Just a no go. 2 lippies cause the price is not bad and there are alot of shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by yadei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

best foundation that i have used! i love it! there is a big range of colors and it does stay for 15 hours. it looks flawless and natural, not heavy at all. it doesn't clog pores so that's a plus and it controls shine. it doesn't transfer to clothes and it does stay in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

I discovered this foundation about two years ago and completely fell in love with it. Over the last twelve years that Iíve been wearing make-up, I have tried an insane amount of different foundations. I have combination skin and in my teen years I struggled with acne. I still get break-outs but not to the same degree as before. This foundation (for me) beats all the rest because it is long-lasting, doesnít clog my pores or cause acne, glides on smoothly and leaves a lovely semi-matte finish. I swear by it and I continue to try different foundations simply to prove that this one really is the best. Doing this may not be the smartest idea or beneficial to my wallet but it gives me pleasure in knowing that Double Wear will never fail me. The only little issue I have is the packaging - hard to get the product out when it's nearing the end.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I've had many a sample of this, I'm a Chanel Vitalumiere/Aqua and MAC Face & Body user regularly though I have tried all MAC foundations, the EL Invisible Fluid (see reviews) and the Maximum Cover (which i used as concealer and which BTW IS AMAZING AS CONCEALER) but this foundation has many a problem.

Firstly let me preface this by saying it gives a wonderfully full coverage! It has a semi matte finish but the problems with it are these: Blending, it is a nightmare to blend, i tried stipple, buffing, painting, fingers but what you must use to get the full benefits of this foundation is a damp beauty blender or makeup sponge of some sorts! This sets as soon as it touches your skin leaving you with what can be a big cakey mess and uneven foundation! It dries almost instantly so you need a damp sponge to keep it emolient and blendable.

Secondly if you're a first timer with high end the fact that application is an issue might cause you to dislike the foundation meaning you've wasted your hard earned money and they don't tell you this when purchasing! I don't use powder with it but i do find it lasts all day and the best removal method is an oil, Clarins oil cleanser or Extra virgin olive oil works great it really breaks it down. It's very thick and you can defenitely feel it on the skin when wearing it which i personally didn't like. The light version is also very thick and they both have a tendancy to set into lines and emphasize lines you may not have, i found the best way to combat this was with MAC setting sprays i use charged water but fix + would work the same.

I've give this a 4 because i know that there's a huge niche for this foundation who would love the finish and effect if they apply it properly, but personally it wasn't for me, however it wasn't a bad foundation as it did what it claims to do which is provide a full coverage. Personally, i prefer to use thick concealers and light foundations for a more natural and perfected look, the maximum cover of this acts great as a blemish concealer and is great value for money. Works well with MAC face and body and the Vitalumiere range from Chanel, i use aqua for day and vitalumiere original for nights out. (see reviews) I hope this was helpful guys :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe this foundation didn't last on me! I thought it was my last hope on my extremely oily skin. I don't have a lot of money to spare on makeup, but I was willing to try this one out. I got a sample and when I put it on, it looked great. I used milk of magnesia underneath and Maybelline's Dream Matte powder over top. In about two hours, I was an oily mess and the foundation had gone patchy in my oiliest areas. It had also sunk into my pores. The effect was simply bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by maddielazarus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Amazing product! Full coverage for a flawless finish that lasts all day! Does oxidise slightly so make sure to get samples before you buy! Sleek design, a little bit goes a long way, however the colour range for very pale skin tones isn't brilliant, had to try 3 different shades to get perfect match, and would have given it full marks if it had a pump! Apart from that an amazing product, well worth the buy especially if your acne prone or have redness or scarring!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by chowyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first non-drugstore foundation. I purchased it purely because drugstore liquid foundations simply weren't cutting it for me. They either made me break out, or they started slopping off my face after a few hours (even after I had set it with loose powder). Definitely not a good!

I purchased this at Singapore's Duty Free at $50. It is indeed a tad pricey, compared to drugstore brands. Furthermore, the bottle is pretty small (30ml), and I thought it wouldn't last me long.

Boy was I wrong! A little foundation definitely goes a long way. The foundation is rather thick, and I would say it provides medium to full coverage. This is perfect for me because I hate wearing concealer, and I just want something which can cover up every blemish, dark spot, and pore. So this lived up to all its claims: it was matte, it didn't start sloughing off my face after a few hours, it covered every imperfection, and it provided a flawless finish. This would be great as a foundation you'd take out when you have that party to go to, but it would definitely feel a bit too heavy for daily use.

Furthermore, I have extremely acne-prone skin. I tend to break out very easily, and my skin gets red and blotchy if I use a product that it does not like :( This foundation is perfect as it is oil-free and non-acnegenic, and doesn't break me out. Tried and tested.

I would recommend getting a sample. The samples are pretty generous, as a little product goes a long way. And there's also so many colors to choose from, so make sure to find one that matches your skin tone!

The downsides: the price is definitely one. Furthermore, while I love how classy the bottle looks with its gold cap and blunt edges, I do NOT appreciate how hard it is to use this product. They should have incorporated a pump or something, which would make it more cleaner, and easier to get product out.

Secondly, when you use this product, remember to use blush or bronzer. Because of the heavy coverage, I find that my face looks a little one dimensional, so I use blusher to put some angles back into my face.

Thirdly, it's a little hard to get off, so you'll need a good makeup remover for this. But this is a small price to pay, really, for such an amazing foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I believe that I finally found the foundation suitable for my acne prone, oily skin! After reading many reviews and trying out drugstore and department store brands nothing can be compared to this one. It really lives up to its promises of keeping skin matte, staying for literally more than 15 hours onto your skin and covering blemishes. I have been using this one for a week now and I must say that it really works wonders even under the humidity here in our country - Philippines.

My morning routine includes washing my face with a soap and applying toner - both recommended by my dermatologist. After which, I put on sunscreen and then this fondi using my clean ring finger. Last portion is setting of Neutrogena Healthy Skin powder using my small kabuki brush. On my way to work Im always exposed to dust, smoke, and humidity. Despite these aggressors, I still get to enjoy radiant and non-oily face. My co-workers even asked me what I'd put on my face. Touch ups for this is minimal my second touch up is at the end of my shift.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is too heavy for me. Yes, I know we are only supposed to use a tiny amount and, after all, at 26 pounds a jar who wants to use more than a tiny amount? I guess this is the type of foundation that suits people who like full coverage. I prefer good but natural looking coverage and always feel 'heavy' when using it. I agree that it lasts a lot longer than most on my combination skin. And it doesn't leave as many patches as most either when it fades... Still not for me though. To anyone new to this I would suggest trying a few shades before buying because with such level of coverage the wrong colour choice becomes really obvious. Also I wouldn't have any pictures taken with this on... Especially when flash is used, my face looks ghastly in photos....