October 22, 2014 | 1840 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Carollyn123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation (I have used mostly low end brands such as Maybelline and Revlon) and I came across this. I use the 3W1 in Tawny.

Pros: Coverage is great! You don't need much product for a full coverage face. It takes me about 3-4 months to finish one bottle, and I use it daily. Doesn't make me break out. Great finish.

Cons: Packaging - I had to purchase a MAC pump (which fits perfectly if you just trim the end of the stem), so I can get the perfect amount every time. Colours - I do wish that their range had some more yellow based colours, as their "yellow" range is still a little too pink for me, but I can correct this easily with some powder on top.

At AUD50, it is on the pricier side of foundations but still affordable considering how long it lasts. Plus, there are always promotions on the Estee Lauder website with % off or gifts with purchase, so that's a plus.

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really not a fan of this! I have slightly oily and acne prone skin. Had it for months and I just can't make it work for me whatever I try, its just soooo cakey!( I always use a heavy good moisturiser underneath) Tried a stippling brush, fingers, normal foundation brush and with decent primers still looks waay too cakey and unnaturual. The only way It looks okay is with a damp sponge but then the coverage is too sheer, when I like quite a heavy base. The packaging sucks it gets so messy too quickly and not keen on the smell. It costs so much money ( £26 ) so I'm trying so hard to make it work! Hopefully I'll be able to update this more positive if I manage to find a way to get this to work! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kaylamarie1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE my Double Wear. I have somewhat acne-prone skin as well as some uneven skin tone due to acne marks and too much time in the sun without sunblock. This foundation covers it all! I was a devoted BareMinerals user because it's so healthy for your skin and was VERY skeptical (to say the least) about trying this liquid foundation. But since I've been using it everyone has been giving me compliments on my skin (what BareMinerals claims you will receive from their products). I haven't had any problems with break outs (except the usual menstrual here and there) and this literally lasts ALL DAY! For those who have issues with all the foundation not completely coming off with your makeup remover, I suggest you try Estee Lauder's "Take It Away" total makeup remover and follow up with their "Perfectly Clean" splash away foaming cleanser. I'm in love with these products. Bravo, Estee Lauder!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by xxjoyaax3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's good

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by dianeng

I really wanted to love this product. I read all the reviews and they all seem so good. Unfortunately, I think this is breaking me out badly. I thought maybe it was the cleansing part so I tried both oil and milk to see which works best. Either way I still broke out. And I haven't gotten these big swollen acne in a while. I'm half in denial 'cause the coverage is lovely. The other foundation I use is Revlon color stay whipped creme. I think I might be reverting back to that. It causes mild clogs but nothing so serious as this. Seems like I'm still in search of a good liquid foundation...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i was recommended this product by a friend who also has acne scares and acne prone/oily skin. i LOVE the coverage. super thick and will hide all blemishes and scars. the color match me perfect. love it. i am pretty sure this what was causes me to break out though.. had to ditch it for thaat reason but i am still not a hundred percent sure this was the problem... so i give it an overal 4. costs about $36 CAD.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by lolle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll start with a bit of background to my skin. I have rather dry skin, have 'alright' condition skin (used to be good but Liz Earle ruined that - don't even get me started). I get a few spots but my main problem is redness. I've seen fellow dry-skin people complain about this because of their dry skin and I can see why. It is a very thick foundation and because it is so long wear it dries rather fast, which is double irritating on dry skin because we have to work at the speed of light. But I honestly love this foundation! I feel like if you moisturise well before hand, or use a good moisturising primer (cannot say enough good things about Loreal Magic Lumi primer btw), then your skin doesn't look dry at all! I don't really NEED heavy coverage everyday so I don't wear this everyday. I have found that starting with a light base and adding this as a kind of 'concealer' is a good way to use it too. All in all, I think the coverage of this is great and the lasting power is great. I can't comment on price because I got this from a CCO rather cheap, but if you can get near a CCO I would recommend getting it! Also, don't know if anyone has mentioned the smell, but the first thing I thought is that it smells just like paint!! This will probably bother a lot of people, in fact my mum hates it. But, I am not picky with smells I get used to them very quickly, and I actually rather like the smell of this...!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

The King of my foundation collection, Double Wear is without a doubt the best foundation I have ever used. I can always rely on Double Wear to make me feel confident, not once in the years I’ve been wearing has it ever let me down! It offers a high-medium to absolute full skin coverage, keeps oily skin at bay and definitely lives up to the 15-hour longevity claim. As a university student, I have to be able to make sure my foundation always looks good as I never have time to reapply, and I HATE reapplying and topping up foundation, but Double Wear hand on heart truly does last all day. It’s buildable, but I definitely feel that one layer is enough to hide away all of my many skin flaws. It does give a semi-matte finish the skin, and at the end of the day looks as fresh as it did when I first applied it. I always make sure I have a couple of bottles of Double Wear in my arsenal - a bottle lasts me around 5-6 months. One aspect of it I dislike is that it looks TERRIBLE in photographs, seriously it's the worst case of 'flashback face' ever, so if you're wearing it and know you're going to have your photo taken, beware!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Brid1

My skin colour seems to have changed as I get older and I have struggled to find a foundation colour which suits me. I have very pale skin with some freckles, which can make it harder. I like full coverage but not a mask like effect. I tried Bone, which was a little light and Cool bone which is perfect. I don't wear it every day as I don't always need the coverage but the days I do wear it my skin looks flawless. I apply a tiny amount with a stippling brush and am really pleased with the outcome. I sometimes use Laura Mercier's illuminating Primer underneath if I think I look a little matte! Also the samples that EL are giving out to promote the new colours are very generous so you really get a chance to sample before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Emma Pickles on Youtube uses this and her skin is to die for. This is full coverage, has better oil control than even the gold standard Hourglass Immaculate or MUFE Mat Velvet, doesn't transfer and is long lasting on my uber oily skin. Shade 1W2 is a perfect match for NC25-30. Does not break out my sensitive acne-prone skin. Because it is opaque, using very little still renders a natural-looking velvet finish. I find this applies best with a stippling brush. Covers large pores, hyperpigmentation, redness. No complaints, simply a HG foundation for me, even after I've tried all those new so-called high tech foundations (and was not impressed). I've gotten numerous compliments on my "flawless" skin, even though it really isn't (large pores, oily, uneven, acne marks).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No