Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

My stylist was in disbelief when I told her that I hadn't colored/highlighted my hair since September. I'll use this every 8th or so shampoo to keep the highlight regrowth in-check. When used as an enhancement to regular conditioners, it won't dry out the hair. Words of caution - keep away from the towels, washcloths, and anything you don't want clove-colored. Rinse shower walls after application - no need to break out cleaner and scrub brushes, but be sure to rinse the spots off or they will stay there. Same with palms - wash after use. And rinse thoroughly or have your towels end up clove-spotted.

Having said that - with a little bit of care, you can get great results, no mess

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of my hg conditioners. It definitely deepens brunettes and adds a lot of shine. I get a lot of highlights from the sun, and this evens out my hair making the highlights just a little darker and my hair richer. I use it about twice a week to add a little depth. I've been using this for a few years now and I love it. I sometimes get chemical highlights and when I go back to being a brunette, this conditioner helps when the color starts to fade around the highlights. My trips to my stylist go from every 6 weeks to every 8 weeks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I find this to be ok-it will help ends of hair that have been lightened by the sun-and can be used in replacement of toner, but the lasting power just isnt there and you have to leave it on for a while, which is a total inconvenience for me.
I dont find that it does a very good job of detangling or conditioning. It adds color, thats it. i wont buy it again. Too expensive.

I used this on my light brown hair with blonde highlights, to tone down the highlights. Big mistake! The blonde highlights turned bright purple-pink! I paniced and washed my hair with a cleansing shampo about 5 times right after, but it didn't fade! The highlighted hair must have been dry and demaged, so it absorbed and locked in the color from the conditioner. I had to go to a salon and pay almost 500 usd to get it fixed! I just want to forget about the hole thing, but I thought I should warn other people of making the same mistake. Do NOT use this conditioner if some parts of your hair is blond and dry/damaged! It has a lot of red tones in it so if your hair is lighter then light brown (even just highlights) you will see a pink-red tone in your hair. If you want to tone down blonde highlights the Camomile conditioner is much better choise. My experience with this conditioner was not positive, but I guess it will be good for people with brown hair who want to bring out a warm, shiny brown color. I can recommend mixing the clove conditioner with the camomile conditioner for a lovely golden caramel tone!

totally works and i was very skeptical.

if you have gross looking yellow highlights, get this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this! I mix it with my regular conditioner and it give my color great depth and shine. I also apply full strength directly to my greying roots when Iīm past due on my color touch up. It doesnīt totally cover the grey, but makes it much less noticable. It will leave brown color on hands if you donīt wash them right after applying. I have also used this after getting too blond highlights, and it saved me. I will buy this again.

Love this stuff! My hair is a natural auburn colour and this conditioner just enhances it

Lifesaver! I botched a highlighting job very badly and ended up with blonde roots and orange ends on my dyed brown hair. I colored over that with a semipermanent medium warm brown color, which helped some. I saw during a frantic Google search that someone recommended Clove conditioner to tone down highlights, so I went out and bought a bottle. I used a previous poster's tip about leaving it on dirty, dry hair for 20 minutes or so, and I have to say, this stuff WORKS. My hair is still noticeably lighter in places but it's no longer orange and the pieces blend together. I'm getting my hair repaired eventually - dyed back brown - but will continue to use this conditioner to boost the color. It's lovely.

It's amazing!! I have natural red hair that goes a bit too orangy in the summer from the sun, after using this my hair is left a gorgeous red-brown colour. And it makes it so soft and shiny. I leave it on for hours and even overnight...be careful though it does stain towls etc. I try not to shampoo too often and use a very mild one as you do lose colour then. Overall definitely worth the money! Lots of very positive comments on the colour!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Although this color was too warm, it concealed my bad blonde highlights nicely. It is a warm, auberney brown, and my natural color is a very cool medium brown. I can't afford to fix these cheesy bad highlights now, so I am happy that i can at least blend everything together. Very good product, but I wish there were an option for my color from Aveda.