April 20, 2014 | 887 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by gumibear08

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great color for my brown eyes, dark enough to be a great liner but the metallic tone really brings something unique to eyeliner. I was wary of the brush at first but it turns out it is able to give me a controlled, smooth easy application whether I want a straight or a curved, thick or thin line. Will definitely try the other colors! Love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 8:19:00 AM More reviews by renemy

I own about half a dozen UD liquid liners and this is my favorite. It is not too green, not too brown, and just sparkly/metallic enough. I also love its fine eyeliner brush that lets you draw as thick or thin a line as you want.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

Love this shade. Would probably look good on everyone and I especially love it on my dark brown eyes. The color is a bit hard to describe b/c it is gold, olive, and slightly brownish. The combination is fabulous and can easily be worn during the day. The funny thing is that I was hesitant to buy this, but so glad it came home with me. Smog and Roach are my two favorite liners ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Marzipan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far so good. Love the color...has goldish sparkle and an overall olive-ey shade....I like it on my green eyes though it looks more brownish to me once it is on. I find it to be GREAT with Zoom eyeshadow by Smashbox (a light green). Might try the purplish one too though. Packaging is cute...seems like a bit pricey for the amount in the pot, but who knows, maybe it'll last like the other reviewers are saying it will.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ExoticMiss

I'll admit I'm not really a fan of Urban decay makeup and have never purchased it before. It seems gothic and I like more classic and feminine makeup. Anyway I gave this a try becuase of all the press its getting. And it is fabulous! I have very blue eyes and it looks great and natural. Also looks fab on tan skin! Love it try it even if you prefer feminine makeup like chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

Oh man oh man do i love this liner...it's such a gorgeous golden/bronzy/black sparkly liner! It really brings out my brown eyes, so brown eyed chicks buy this one! The lasting power is great and the application is very easy. I like the new packaging because the short handled brush is much easier to work with and the little arabian lookin pot is adorable. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Look at my eyes! They are so freaking gorgeous! So love this stuff and it stays on forever! And the shade is surprisingly subtle considering the tube looks bronzy green. Makes my brown eyes pop! If only everything in life worked as well as this eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 6:15:00 AM More reviews by tjb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best eyeliner I've used, and it lasted me over a year, with using it every day. It really doesn't look green either. It smudges wonderfully, just using a finger, and takes just a few seconds to put on. The bottom liner doesn't quite stay on full force all day, but it does enough to still emphasize your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kittychambana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I generally prefer neutral eyeshadow colors, like browns, grays, and pinks. If you'd told me a few weeks ago that I would soon not only splurge on, but fall in love with, a green liquid eyeliner, I would have thought you were crazy. Then I read all these rave reviews...Cut to now - I love this stuff! Smog is a golden-green-shimmery-neutrally....you kinda have to look at it. It is actually very similar to the color of my hazel eyes. I am constantly on a quest for eye makeup that makes the most of my eye color, and this is fabulous for that. It is surpisingly wearable, it does not make me look like I am shouting "I AM WEARING COLORED EYE MAKEUP!" It does not exactly match the Smog eyeshadow (the shadow is more brown, this liner more green), however, I do really like the two of them together (I have the eyeshadow in the Ammo pallette, which is another great splurge from Urban Decay). Anyway as others have described, this liquid liner has OUTSTANDING staying power. Personally I like the brush, I find it easy to work with (I have some experience with liquid liner but I'm no expert). Takes me all of five seconds to put on. No problems with the packaging. $14 is a bit of a splurge for me, but I think this is totally worth it for the excellent quality and unique, beautiful color. Hazel-eyed girls, try this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by pook555

Update: I've taken off a star (I almost feel like taking away 2 stars) only because the new packaging, while adorable, is awful! The liners dry out within weeks of opening them and sometimes the tops break off. I don't abuse my makeup and keep it in a safe plastic compartment, so there is no reason for this other than the fact that the packaging is awful.

Original review:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeliner! I love liquid eyeliners (for me they are the easiest to apply and last all day), and UD makes the absolute best quality liquid liners I have every found in my life! If you've ever tried a drugstore brand liner like Maybelline, or Clinique's liquid liners (bleh yuk on both), they are nothing like UD which are the best I've tried. They are fluid, non-gloppy, and the brush is thin and long, but easy to use. That being said, this shade is really lovely! I'm a PPP, and on me it is shows up a dark gold with a hint of army green. It's a nice dark liner so it doesn't look weird like some of the lighter shades do, and since my Ulta didn't have my HG Roach in stock, I got this and it's a really close second in my opinion - looks good with my brown eyes. These liners also last a while too as there's plenty of product in there. A word of advice - don't buy these on Ebay, as I had bought this shade a while back and it arrived almost completely dried up. I'll never purchase these liners from anyone other than Urban Decay or another beauty retailer (like Ulta or Sephora) of a fresh supply. Also: These liners last all day, do not smudge or flake, and are easy to wash off at the end of the day!