Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/25/2008 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Um? Gorgeous! This is so unexpected. Whenever I wear this, it always reminds me how unique of a color it is. It's gold, olivey but dark, very dark. UD l/l take a while to dry. They're not waterproof but they DO last all day otherwise. The pigmentation is superior, you don't need to layer and layer (as is the case with some other liners.) The packaging is kind of silly. True, it looks wicked cute sitting on my vanity, but in reality, it's bulky, weird and not really... practical? I find the brush precise and easy to use (some do not, depends on your preference!) $18USD, which is a little pricey, I think (especially since l/l comes in a relatively small bottle) but for quality and general uniqueness, it's worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

ME: asian MAC NC30-35ish, dark brown everything

This is a great liquid liner--I got this from Sephora based on the reviews here and I was NOT disappointed! Smog is a beautiful dark olive-green liquid liner with gold shimmer in it. I imagine this would look good on almost any warm-skinned gal. It's highly pigmented and glides on sooo quick and easy....the brush is fabulous, the tube is cute, everything is perfect! One of the best things about it is that it stays vibrant all day long but still washes off easily with cleanser/water at night--no fighting to get this off with eye m/u remover. It's a lot less harsh than black eyeliner but is still dark enough to emphasize my eyes and keep me from looking like I just rolled out of bed--on days when I'm pressed for time I throw this on over a layer of MAC's Bamboom paint, swipe on a couple coats of carbon black Voluminous and run out the door. :) It's never failed me! I'll definitely buy this again when I run out, which won't be for a loooong time--this tube is going to last me forever.

on 1/10/2008 8:38:00 AM

Smog is a olive green colored e/l with a bit of goldish sparkle in it. It has a hint of brown in it too. It's such a pretty color! The color is very unique, I have not come across a similar color ever before.
It is shimmery metallic but not over the top. It can easily be worn during the day.

The only complaint I have about this e/l is that it can be a bit difficult to make a VERY thin line using this e/l. For that purpose I prefer the MAC fluidlines. It took some practise before I got used to the applicator.

Overall this is a very stunning e/l! I like the packaging. The staying power is great! I'd definitely repurchase and try more colors.

continued >>

on 11/23/2007 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great color for my brown eyes, dark enough to be a great liner but the metallic tone really brings something unique to eyeliner. I was wary of the brush at first but it turns out it is able to give me a controlled, smooth easy application whether I want a straight or a curved, thick or thin line. Will definitely try the other colors! Love this.

on 11/15/2007 8:19:00 AM

I own about half a dozen UD liquid liners and this is my favorite. It is not too green, not too brown, and just sparkly/metallic enough. I also love its fine eyeliner brush that lets you draw as thick or thin a line as you want.

on 11/8/2007 6:58:00 PM

Love this shade. Would probably look good on everyone and I especially love it on my dark brown eyes. The color is a bit hard to describe b/c it is gold, olive, and slightly brownish. The combination is fabulous and can easily be worn during the day. The funny thing is that I was hesitant to buy this, but so glad it came home with me. Smog and Roach are my two favorite liners ever.

on 9/2/2007 2:49:00 AM

So far so good. Love the color...has goldish sparkle and an overall olive-ey shade....I like it on my green eyes though it looks more brownish to me once it is on. I find it to be GREAT with Zoom eyeshadow by Smashbox (a light green). Might try the purplish one too though. Packaging is cute...seems like a bit pricey for the amount in the pot, but who knows, maybe it'll last like the other reviewers are saying it will.

on 9/1/2007 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'll admit I'm not really a fan of Urban decay makeup and have never purchased it before. It seems gothic and I like more classic and feminine makeup. Anyway I gave this a try becuase of all the press its getting. And it is fabulous! I have very blue eyes and it looks great and natural. Also looks fab on tan skin! Love it try it even if you prefer feminine makeup like chanel.

on 8/22/2007 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oh man oh man do i love this liner...it's such a gorgeous golden/bronzy/black sparkly liner! It really brings out my brown eyes, so brown eyed chicks buy this one! The lasting power is great and the application is very easy. I like the new packaging because the short handled brush is much easier to work with and the little arabian lookin pot is adorable. I love this stuff!

on 7/25/2007 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Look at my eyes! They are so freaking gorgeous! So love this stuff and it stays on forever! And the shade is surprisingly subtle considering the tube looks bronzy green. Makes my brown eyes pop! If only everything in life worked as well as this eyeliner!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products