L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/5/09 - I've been trying out serums lately and while this one is great, I've found a couple others that work a bit better(especially when mixed with Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Glaze) - namely Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine and Frizz Ease Extra Strength. Plus the L'oreal is hard to find anymore.

Original review:
I must have hit my head on something the day I stopped using this stuff. Why? Oh yeah - internet myths. >_< As in - cones are "bad", Pantene/drugstore products are evil, shampoo is bad for your hair and scalp, etc. Now after trying everything else(that SUCKED to be honest), I'm back to finding what **MY** hair likes. And this serum is one of those things. :-)

My hair is shoulder length, naturally curly, baby fine, and prone to frizz. I "re-discovered" this line(the shampoo, cond, and serum) hiding in the back of my closet(product graveyard). I used to use this line - alternating with Pantene and Infusium - about 5 years ago when my hair was WAIST length, chemically treated, and dyed. It should have been a mess, but it was beautiful and silky. Especially when I used the Smooth Intense line of products. Now that my hair is natural(and curly), I use this when I want to wear it wavy.

I just shampoo, cond, use a bit of the cond as a leave-in(pea-size dollop mixed w/water), then the coordinating serum. Put my hair up in a bun or 2. When I take it down I have soft, smooth, SILKY, shiny waves that are 100% tangle free. O_O

My only compaint is that I haven't seen the serum around my area lately so I may have to search for it. But being the PJ that I am, I'll probably just end up using something else instead. Would repurchase.

I always re-buy this product!! last time I was in the shop it was out of stock so i ended up with John Freda Frizz-Ease, which was a waste of money as its not as good at all! I will go and buy the L'Oreal one again asap!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

While it did make my hair feel soft and shiney, it didnt help with the frizz that much. I have wavy/slightly curly hair and it gets really frizzy if i dont use the right product, so this definately didnt serve its purpose for me. On a plus though, it was quite weightless.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Great frizz fighter. Not at all sticky or goopy like many of the other serums I've tried. I can use it on damp or dry hair, and I often mix it with a creme conditioner if I want more conditioning. Been through many bottles of this stuff.

This is an AWESOME hair serum. I use one pump of this and run it through the middle to ends of my damp hair. (I have thick, black, typically straight Asian hair) When my hair is dry, I have really smooth hair. And it smells so good! I think this would be the best, most value for money hair serum you could buy.
5 lippies and a definite rebuy. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this serum for being so good and so affordable at around $16, for people with terrible frizzy hair like mine. It comes in a translucent pump bottle, making it so convenient. A small bottle that lasted me months and months, making it so value for money and easy for travel purposes. The oil remains on my hands for a while, but it's not a big problem for me, as I have the habit of washing hands after my beauty regime. What matters is that the anti-frizz effect always lasts me through the day, making my hair so soft that I like to play with it. Oil/serum form is also known to be good for locking in water, as wet hair is actually extremely weak and vulnerable. I only stopped using this after I found the Asience Shampoo, which is so effective, it makes any after shampoo product redundant. I will definitely buy this again if I do stop following Asience.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent product for reducing frizz. I have wavy, coarse, thick hair. My hair is so dry that even using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask every other day doesn't control the frizz. I use this after conditioning while my hair is still wet, and it does a great job. I have used many serums in the past and nothing worked so I gave up on them until now. This one is worth every penny!

I really don't know how this product came to be into my stash... but I'm grateful to the mystery! I straightened my hair 5 days ago (I insist: 5 days ago), and I decided to try this serum out. So I squirt (and no mess for me) two pumps into my hands. I have hair one inch below my shoulders, so you know. I comb the product through my hair, blowdried and flat-ironed. I noticed my hair was silky and shiny. Now get this. This product is virtually weightless. My hair is normal, and I wash it after about 3 days. Now it's been 5 days, and my hair isn't greasy at all. I am amazed. Run and buy this. Sounds like a staple to me!

This product is great for it's price.
Bought at $10SGD at a discount rate.

I have been using this product for a year plus. I find that it's really good in dealing with frizzy hair.

It tames hair immediately but please note that my hair is quite straight in the first place. It makes my hair soft and smooth too.

I would recommend anybody to try this.

The serum smell good but it doesn't deliver good results. it does help in anti-frizz but it doesn't last long and it doesn't really moisture my hair.

Popular Styling Products