Dior Miss Dior

on 12/23/2008 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If anyone is having trouble finding this product, it can be found at Fragrancenet.com.

In the US, I believe Saks has the exclusive on it.

In Canada it is available at Holt Renfrew.

This bears no resemblance whatsoever to Miss Dior Cherie which is a syrupy mess and yes, widely available.

I am doing this so that the demand will remain for the classic beauties and it will not be discontinued. I do not understand why the perfume companies discontinue fragrances that have an established clientelle. Are you listening Lancome/Magie Noire? I had the temptation of smelling a tester of the older formula Magie Noire at Shoppers Drugmar last week and when I got home decided I had to have it. No luck, gone. Only reformulated EdT thin, watery no resemblance to older formulation. Pity.

on 12/8/2008 1:38:00 PM

OMG! Nothing else smells like this! Well, maybe lots of fragrances smell like this, but I had never smelled anything like this before. You see, I was born in 1981, so most of the fragrances I've smelled are either the lemony, watery, ozonic frags from the 90's, or the candy, bubble gum, fruit punch frags that are so popular right now. And no, I'm not a fan of neither, so this left me quite lost, perfume wise. I just ended a very long relationship, one that left me feeling so depressed I couldn't even leave the house, shower, get dressed or eat. But now, after some therapy, I'm feeling much better, I've discovered who I am as a woman, and I now know what I want from life. So, nothing fits the new me now. not my clothes, not my looks, not my frags. So, I decided to give myself a makeover, never given myself one. I want to look the way I feel, beautiful and powerful, like I can achieve anything I set my mind to. I'm buying new clothes, dying my hair a different color, and need a new frag. So, after reading reviews, I decided I wanted to try chypres. I had never tried one, but they sounded so fascinating. So, I tried Miss Dior (EdT) they didn't have the EdP in the counter. And...oh! I felt like Columbus when he first saw America. What is this frag, and why is it so interesting, so beautiful, so womanly? Why doesn't it smell like all the florals I own, you know, pretty, but meh. This frag hit me with it's initial sharpness, it felt so green, I thought, this is interesting! Then it morphed into this soft, creamy floral heart, but with a bit of it's original green colors. I though, this is beautiful! Oh, how am I ever gonna go back to my blah florals after this? Because I ain't got the cash now, and I still haven't done my Christmas shopping, so I will have to wait, maybe a month. Ohh...it's gonna be so long! I must find a way to get my hands on a bottle of this womanly elixir asap...I fear I could go mad without it!

on 10/28/2008 7:12:00 AM

This is a beautiful classic chypre fragrance - an older Dior created in 1947 . And of course it's still produced - those who think it is discontinued! It's not boring but a multi layered interesting scent - a floral green chypre with some powdery aspects and a sexy moss base. This was a debutante scent and noteworthy for anyone invested in the classc chypre genre. The packaging has been changed from the classic black and white houndstooth but I hope the formulation is untouched. I love this a lot. Although it's an EDT , it's strong,fresh smelling and it lasts. i do love the new packaging .

on 9/4/2008 9:28:00 PM

This perfume is lovely. Unfortuately, it doesn't last on me more than hour. Sob. I've not had this problem with perfume before. I put it down to skin chemistry and bad luck.

on 6/20/2008 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So much has been said about this fragrance. One can go to almost any review to read the classification and notes. The timeless beauty of this scent has been described many times. All I have to say is that I too have fallen for it's charm. I love Black Cashmere by Donna Karen and here I go again, in love with another hard to find fragrance.

on 6/4/2008 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I recently obtained a darling mini of this. It has been well reviewed and described below, and I am in complete agreement. I get the vetiver, powder and a soft muskiness. It is classy, feminine and soft, yet not too "girly" and lasts hours on me.

on 5/20/2008 12:38:00 PM

Wearing the new EDT and how I do love Miss Dior. With notes of bergamot, aldehydes, clary sage, gardenia, galbanum, rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, carnation, orris, patchouli, oakmoss, amber, vetiver, sandalwood, and leather, Miss Dior goes on with a fervent blast of hardy flower buds and their green, spicy stems and leaves. Within minutes, a cool, dry sage and white, abstract powderiness start to lift the fragrance into the realm of the starched, pale green tulle of couture petticotes.

The powderiness has nothing whatsoever to do with the sweet, pink smell of baby powder - such is the magic of aldehydes: this is the cloud of white pollen and fresh green vapor that lifts from the lilies of the valley on the floor of the enchanted forest of Midsummer Night's Dream in all its staid, English romanticism.

But it's also the abstract, structured and chic fragrance of impeccably groomed Parisian ladies of the era that Miss Dior was born in - just after WWII ended and some small amount of everyday luxury could be had again - with a breath of dry ballet shoe leather tossed in for good measure. It's a perfectly feminine fragrance that rests somewhere between regally aristocratic and playfully gamine. A deep and textural fragrance that's just addictively fascinating and refreshingly dry and green without ever going sharp or sour.

on 4/29/2008 3:51:00 PM

Well, my string of admiration for Diors had to end sometime, I guess, and Miss Dior was the proverbial straw. On the other hand, maybe I am just not able to understand its charms. Anyways, to me, Miss Dior smelled very powdery, oakmossy and ***ahem*** “old-fashioned” (I believe that is the politically correct term nowadays). As far as comparisons go, it is very similar to Ma Griffe but not as pleasant/interesting as Ivoire. Good sillage.

on 3/23/2008 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just love Miss Dior. But my boyfriend doesn't. Is anyone finding boys are not big fun of it?

The vintage eau de cologne I received from a generous MUA swapper smelled divine - a ballerina in pink leather - she whirled across the stage, entre-chat, jetee - I clapped and thought Oh, brava! But then she was gone. Exeunt. No return. ETA: after sniffing after the pink ballerina, when I turned my nose back to the wrist wearing Tabac Blond, I was absolutely blown away by its spicy intensity. Tabac Blond would have certainly been quite racy when it was issued - it's still pretty damn sexy.

Popular Fragrances