September 20, 2014 | 1569 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by niuniu

I don't know if I used it for the wrong purpose or the method I was using it was wrong or what, but it did absolutelly nothing for me. Instead made my TZONE extremely oily. This product is very oily. Its supposed to heal scars? I find that my bb cream heals scars faster than this and that has so many other uses too. My skin feels sticky and greasy upon wearing this. But still, its worth a try since it is not too expensive. People has gotten great reviews from it, I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jordella

The top of my wrists get dry and scaley and sore every winter, and no matter what I did, it wouldn't go away! Nothing would work!
Until I found this, I can't live without it anymore! I applied it on my arm before I went to sleep, and when I woke up my horrible skin was cured! WOO HOO! lol
It has a very strong lavender smell, but I like it!
It makes your skin all shiny and green until it is absorbed, but hey, IT WORKS AMAAAAAAAAZINGLY! I LOVE IT!
lol I would SO buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mam311

I havent been using this consistantly enough to say that it is a miracle ointment or anything, but it has done fine when I have a dry patch of skin, or a blemish that has healed into a flaky mess. I think the scent is a bit strong, but it's almost calming when you use it before you go to bed. I will keep trying this on any cuts or what not I get myself into lol. I would repurchase if I ever run out, a little of this stuff goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by detanele

The Res-Q ointment is a dark green salve that comes in metal green tin. Many people don't like having to stick their fingers in to get at the ointment, but if you buy from a place where Burt's Bees have their own counter, it's worth asking for a plastic spatula, I know some places do carry them.

The ointment smells strongly of lavender, which may put some people off, but other find it very soothing. It claims to be for minor scratches, bruises, and bites, so I've tried it on all three. I react badly to mosquito bites - the bite itself and a large area surrounding it swell up and itch constantly. The Res-Q ointment does not alleviate itching during the first couple of days when it is worst, but does provide some amount of relief in the later stages, but so does a lot of other commonly available topical treatments. It might work for those with less severe reactions, but I'm still looking for something more effective. For me, it doesn't seem to speed up healing time for small cuts or bruises, and also doesn't affect scarring.

I've found that it does help to soothe small pains from cuts, but because it's so negligible, it doesn't seem to be much use unless you have young children. It does make a good, portable emergency moisturizer though, and is quite effective for the really stubborn dry spots. A tin can last you a while, since you only need a really tiny amount for most purposes.

It might be worth picking up if you're in a fix, but be aware it's possible that you'll be be buying something which doesn't work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by JGarfield

This is a great smelling herbal salve that I mainly use for hangnails and bugbites. It smells great and really soothes the stinging associated with these ailments! I have also used it on my mild eczema when it is red and irritated and it helps soothe it during the night. And I love the little tin it comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by acc929

Um, why did the person below me flip a you-know-what because of instructions they already took off the tin? Plus, since they took it off you shouldn't take marks away from the product itself.

Anyways, it's a good moisturizer, all-purpose (kind of) ointment. Not as great as my beloved Aquaphor, but whatever. It gets the job done, and it's environmentally friendly :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Many different purposes for this product..I love the cute tin it comes in and I think it smells great. I especially find it useful on cuts or scrapes and use it in conjunction with or instead of neosporin...depending on the severity of the injury. I highly recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The girls in my family cannot leave the house without this thing. It smells nice and is made of natural ingredients. I use it as a lubricant before I put earrings on, or when I get a bug bite, and occasionally when I get an odd rash I would put this on to calm my skin. I also use it as a treatment for cuticles! It's just really handy and multifunctional, a must in every handbag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read about this product in Allure as being able to heal minor cuts and scrapes. I have a few old blemishes on my face that I can't seem to keep my hands away from, so they're not healing very well. Neosporin wasn't doing much, so I picked up a tin of this wonderful green stuff. I put a dab of it on one old blemish last night and covered it with a band-aid, and this morning, it's almost completely gone. I am SOLD!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrr

I've been using this for some years now- one tin will last you forever.
The smell's herbally in a lavender kind of way, and it's green in color, packaging, and recyclability. But my final verdict is: Bleh.

To get to the point, it didn't do anything for me or my mother. We both used this for everything- cuts, scrapes, bruises, blemishes, recently popped zits, dry patches, bug bites, cracked heels, rashes, chemical burns, hives, you name it. For every single one of these uses, it didn't do anything worth mentioning. Disappointed, we both went back to regular ointments that made all of the above heal noticeably faster. Now I only reach for this when I'm bored and I get to wondering, Will it work this time for this [insert skin problem here] I've got? I put it on, and nothing happens yet again. I end up dabbing it beneath my nose because I like the earthy scent.