December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by kaisze

I live in Canada and this is what I found at the local Sally's. I wanted the Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque but they do not sell it here. By far this is the best exfoliator I have ever tried! It makes my skin feel extra clean and when applying my moisturizer afterwards it feels so silky smooth. On the back of the tube it says that you can use it daily but I still only use it about 1-2 times a week, depending on my the state of my skin. The granules are a great size not to big and scratchy but also not too small- I definitely feel and see a big difference after using this scrub. I usually use it before I go to bed and in the morning my skin is glowing! I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I looooove this scrub! I have good skin to start out with, an occasional pimple here or there. I do have little bumps on the side of my cheeks that you can feel but not see. This helps my little bumps! It exfoliates my skin nicely without being too harsh. I really like how it lathers after a couple of minutes. It leaves my skin soft and not tight or dry. This didn't give me any breakouts or a bad reaction. I will definitely repurchase this! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

This is my new go-to scrub! I love love love it. It is difficult to find a scrub with very tiny "granules" or whatever you want to call them. This is more like a paste, which is how I like it. Not large sugar/salt like pieces, but fine (crushed walnut shells, actually) bits that are perfect for exfoliating.

For those who complain that it tore up their face - they do make one for more sensitive skin as well that would probably be more up your alley!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this a while ago after seeing the excellent reviews on here. I adore the Mint Julep Masque so I figured I would like this too. I really, really hate it. My skin is dry-combination and acne-prone. My skin usually responds well to scrubs but this left me a flaky mess. It was hard to rinse off and seemed to leave a waxy coating on my face, in addition to the flakes. It has a gritty, sand-like texture and leaves a total mess all over my shower floor every time I use it. Cleanup is such a pain that I can't even stand using this on my body. It is certainly a bargain ($3 at Ulta) but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff gets the job done- effectively- without overly drying your skin or your purse. Part of my permanent collection now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by MzSiStarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this scrub for years and I'm comfortable with saying it's HG stat for me. This is gentle enough for me to use every morning yet it really exfolliates my skin...especially my problem areas like my nose, where I tend to have white-heads. I love the smell and the tigling feeling. This scrub also removes all of my dry skin patched on my checks and helps to prepare my skin for an even foundation application. I will continue to use this scrub forever and the Mint Julep Mask is excellent for drying out breakouts!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by fr0stbitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the great reviews, as I was looking around for some sort of facial scrub that wouldn't cause my sensitive skin to revolt. I was so desperate for this to work. I have incredibly fair, ultra-sensitive skin that typically reacts poorly to any type of exfoliant. I need *something* to get rid of those pesky small bumps!

The texture of the scrub is fine, but almost a little scratchy (since the walnut particles, though tiny, have sharp edges). As it's rinsed away, it leaves a slick/waxy feel on your skin that's not really noticeable once you pat dry. I'm guessing that's from the dimethicone. I'm not sure if that particular ingredient was the culprit, but every time I used this product I wound up with tiny whiteheads on my face. I introduced my tube to the trash bin earlier today.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub is probably best suited for normal to oily skin that isn't sensitive in the least. I don't recommend it to people who break out easily or are sensitive to silicones. One lippy for the minty tingle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by raspberrychaitea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love that the granules are super tiny
leaves skin fresh and smooth
really want to love this product but unfortunately, i think this causes me to have white heads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I tried this and was worried it would be like the mint julep mask, which didn't work for me. This, however, prevents breakouts and I use every other day in the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by jesiij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This and all other scrubs break me out something terrible! I did some research on the ingredients and found that these scrubs leave microscopic scratches in your skin. This is a gateway to heaven for bacteria. I know use enzyme based exfoiliators. They work so much better.