December 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Munecaz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this for years. It seems to cover well without looking cakey. Lasts about half the day so I have to reapply a bit. Golden/Medium is my perfect shade. It is kinda spendy but lasts me awhile so it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by catlink664

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All time faviorte. My skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts.This never breaks me out

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Laurenlouise31

I hated this product when I first started using it. Then I got used to applying it and building it up. Now I like it. It's good for my combination skin and I didn't have spots while I was using this product. It is just very expensive and doesn't last as long as liquid foundations. I like that you can build it up to the coverage you want and you can use it as a press powder too! I went from using liquid foundation and press powder to just using foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

My skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts.I was using MACS face and body foundation which I loved but I always broke out from it.Bare minerals was recommended to me by a friend to help with my breakouts so I decided to give it a try.I use the matte version of this in fairly light.I like the finish.Its matte but not unnatural looking.The color matches me perfectly and this has good staying power.The coverage of this could be better though.I use the big face brush that came in the kit and I do like it but it seems like its only meant to provide a natural/lighter coverage.Thankfully this is buildable.I normally apply 2-3 layers of this.I have acne staining on my cheeks which is what I am mainly self conscious about and this does not cover that.I need to use a concealer on top to help with that issue but this make up does a nice job at evening my skin tone.The reason I like this make up is it doesn't break me out.I haven't been breaking out nearly as much as I did with my previous foundation.I normally prefer liquid foundation and was nervous that this make up would show up my dry patches more but surprisingly it doesn't. I will repurchase this foundation as it doesn't break me out,helps even my skin tone,and doesn't accentuate my dry spots.I wish it had better coverage but I am happy to just find something that doesn't break me out and that makes my skin look like my skin but better.This can get a bit messy when applying but it takes me less time to apply than it would with a liquid.I am always on the lookout for the perfect foundation that has everything I want in one but until then, I will repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very artificial-looking, does not set into skin, cakes, even with (various) primer.
Quite heavy coverage, even with a gentle hand - the powder is quite coarse

It is on the cheaper side of cosmetics, but overpriced for what it is. Quite poor quality product, but pretty good packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Laurenroseh90

For some reason this powder just does not sit right on my face. I've always been a liquid foundation girl but i decided after much deliberation that i would try a mineral foundation so i chose Bare Minerals. I moisturised and followed the instructions on how to correctly apply the powder but all it did was cling to certain areas of my face, it was patchy and didn't look good at all. I got the lightest colour too but even the colour seemed too dark after i applied it. I ended up just washing it all off. Plus the powder was going everywhere! I'm not a fan of the packaging and will not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Rainstorm89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The first time I used bare minerals was in 2007. I was amazed at how well it covered my rosacea and dark circles under my eyes. I used it for at least 1.5 years without any major issues other than : nasty makeup transfer onto my cellphone or anything I put my face up to, slightly off color, and a pain in the a** to use.

fast forward to 2009/2010 and something just wasnt right. I am almost positive they reformulated around this time because I see tons of reviews saying " I loved it back in the day then it stopped working as well." At first I thought my skin was rapidly aging but I was only 18/19 at the time so that didnt make sense. I noticed that It would make any fine lines and wrinkles look 10 times worse! It actually aged me instead of making me look younnger!

Even so, I still had a hard time finding other products that I liked. Even though bare minerals wasnt doing me much justice I was just so used to using it that I continued. It did give an airbrushed look when applied and it looks good in photos, but after a few hours of use it starts to look very fake and cakey. I found myself having to use foundation or tinted moisturizer underneath the bare minerals because without it the powder would settle into all the wrong places ( even when using a primer.)

Another problem is the color. I can never find a color that perfectly matches. Its either too light or too dark, I would always end up going with the darker shades for me ( medium beige or medium) and end up having to put some on my neck and chest to prevent a horrible line of demarkation.

Even still, I was weary of other foundations so recently I purchased their jumbo holiday edition for @ 18g for $40. it was a pretty good deal however, I have come to realize that I have been one of the people who gets cystic acne from this product. I assumed the acne was hormonal or that it was because I wasnt keeping up on my skincare routine enough. It was really weird because I have never had acne like this in my entire life. I FINALLY put 2 and 2 together after reading many reviews... during the months that I was broke and had literally no makeup at all my skin would clear up immensly. occasionally I would use some liquid foundation @ friends houses but I never had any crazy cystic acne flare ups. After starting my makeup collection back up I got a sample of bare minerals and thats when the cystic acne started to appear again. But I never knew that was the cause, so I went ahead and got the jumbo jar of BM and started applying it like crazy to cover the cystic acne ( along the cheeks and jawline) which in turn kept making it worse and worse! like no acne ive ever had. Even my best friend of 10 years who suffers from horrible acne was astonished at how bad my face looked! she said she had never seen it that bad.

I got some rimmel liquid foundation for an upcoming trip ( BM sucks to travel with) and I had been using it for a few days when I saw an immediate improvement in my skin, the painful red bumps seemed to be dissapearing every night! Then I decided to wear some BM for a night out with friends and low and behold, the next morning my cheek was COVERED with painful red splotches! The day before my skin had been so much clearer. So I am positive BM is the culprit. (note I had just shampooed my brush and it was squeeky clean so that is not the issue)

Then yesterday I got on here and read all the reviews, so many girls had the same exact problem and even on the same part of their face! I have sensitive acne prone skin and I am pretty positive its the bismuth doing the damage. I am going to discontinue use and I will leave updates in a few weeks to let you know how my skin improves!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just okay. If you want a superior mineral foundation, try EVERYDAY MINERALS. It is awesome and half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Kchastings

I used to use Bare Minerals, but tried Lancôme and thought it was great. I went back to bare minerals and my skin is clear, smooth and less problematic. I seem to have more even tone and fewer wrinkles. Coincidence. I think not. The original bare minerals and proper application is the best, period. I get carded often, (I'm 34), and receive compliments on my skin constantly. My hubby says my skin looks great without makeup now, and can't tell when I have the foundation on--says I wake up beautiful. :) FYI--I sleep in my foundation! I use it over my nighttime skincare, and have seen a vast improvement. I haven't broken out at all. I loooove this stuff! Tip: use the original primer, and set with Pur Minerals Miracle Mist.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence with this - it's the first powder foundation I've used and while it can be beautiful and subtle with decent coverage, it is easy to over-apply... it does settle in fine lines and feels a bit mask like at times too. Looks fantastic in photos though!