October 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Toners - Thayers - Alcohol-free Witch Hazel toner with Aloe Vera

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Robyn27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap while trying to find something light and soothing that doesn't have alcohol to help with my acne-prone skin. It's great!! I use it at night after cleansing and before putting on moisturizer and there is always a little bit of makeup on the cotton ball, which means that it's doing a great job of cleaning. I have not (thank gosh!!!) had a break-out since I started using it. Considering I'm coming on my period this week and haven't had a massive break-out (i.e., 4 or 5 big and painful zits), this stuff is amazing and I will continue to use it!!!!

The only negative thing is that, yes, the bottle does leak. But what I do is just take the cap off and tip it upside down onto my cotton ball. If I do it that way, it doesn't leak at all. For travelling, I'll just put it into a smaller bottle. No big deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ELPrecord

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. Cleans your skin without overdrying. The smell is not overpowering and medicine-like. The best series of toners I've used have been through Thayer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

One of the BEST TONERS I have ever used. Not only does it take off dirt and dead skin off as well as soap grime it moisturizes the face as well. It's the BEST. I have used this product for about 1 year and my acne-prone skin is loving it. I did purchase this for $7.99CDN it comes in a huge 14oz bottle and lasts about 3-6 months depending how you use it. I didn't like the packaging since it could be easily drained out since the part where you pur out tends to leak at time losing out on this precious product. This toner is also ALCOHOL FREE and the toner has all the good ingredients a definete staple in my regimen it's better than the other toners because it doesn't have a die hard fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2006 10:59:00 AM More reviews by vSong

What a great product! Surprisingly effective product that I ever came across with. I was having massive break-outs in the middle of winter (not sure what was wrong) and I decided to give this try. When I first tried this product, I felt slight burn in my face, but it soon calmed and my face started liking it. I have been using this for 3 weeks now, and I am seeing absolute changes in my face. I am back to barely break-outs, and my oily face is getting a bit more matt. The best result is that my pores on nose, around nose are Indeed getting smaller! It seems almost like a magic! I don't care the cheap packaging since what matters is that it works great and one bottle will last forever... Very reasonable price too.

I Will definitely recommend to those people who have large pores and oily face. And even if it feels a bit burning at first, don't stop using it because your face will learn to calm down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Shmabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had this stuff around for a few years. I feel that witch hazel is a must have in the house, but I haven't used it for a while. After reading about aspirin toner I threw a few aspirins into the half bottle of this that I had left and it is wonderful. My face is glowing, my skin is calm, and this isn't drying. I have the lavender scent and it smells wonderful too. I've been using it with retin a and it's been perfect. I will definately re-buy however I HATE the crap leaky bottle. I can't even comprehend why it leaks as much as it does, so I can't travel with it. I may just put it into a different bottle. Otherwise, love the stuff, it's a staple in my skin care.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is more even toned and retains moisture better. This has also eliminated those little clogged pores that I have been getting from using the very intense DDF RMX anti-aging treatment line. I don't think I would be able to continue that important wrinkle inhibiting line without this toner because the little clogged pores were starting to get out of hand. Witch hazel has also been noted to contsrict facial capillaries and vericose veins. I have a few tiny facial capillaries that get inflamed and noticeable when aggravated particularly by alcohol. This product calms everything down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

Please note that this differs from the Rose Petal version in that it doesn't have fragrance and Vitamin E, two ingredients that bothered the few who didn't like the Rose Petal version. Since this one is just witch hazel and aloe vera, it is unlikely to irrate or break out even the most sensitive skin. I use this toner in lieu of a moisturizer at night because I've found I break out from almost everything else. This one has a natural outdoorsy witch hazel scent that smells kind of like a subtle unisex perfume, but I prefer the more feminine scent of the rose one. The scent of this one dissipates much quicker than the rose one. My only gripe about this product is that it comes in a large travel-unfriendly bottle that leaks if placed on its side.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2005 2:19:00 PM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great toner. Practically scent free(as opposed to the rose-petal version. I use at night so there was too much wafting of roses. It kept my DH awake LOL!)I added extra aloe vera to my bottle, and I keep it in the fridge to make it extra cool. So far it has not bothered my acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by littlemissmagic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The bottle this stuff comes in is HUGE, but it's hard to get the stuff onto your fingertips without it running all over your hand (I don't use cotton). I had to pour it into another container. The smell is different, but it's subtle and I have gotten used to it. I have acne-prone skin, but this doesn't break me out or irritate me. It takes a LONG time to dry, and feels sticky until it does so, but it's very soothing and calms redness. This is my HG toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by imaladybug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: My complexion is really loving this toner. I have sensitive combination skin & this really helps to clean & exfoliate without irritation or any dryness. I definitely recommend this product!