August 30, 2014 | 1838 users online

Fragrances - Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by teisha

I agree, this definately smells like a bouquet of roses. It has a nice, clean authentic scent. However, it doesn't suit my chemistry which was sad but I use a little around my house and every room smells like their is a rose bouquet in it. I always get compliments on how lovely our house smells (and we have pets) so try it and see if it suits you, if not you can still enjoy the scent of roses around your home and the price is so cheap - I bought it for $19AUD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I love this. It does indeed smell like roses....like a rose bouquet, not a single rose. It is sort of a heavy rose fragrance, so don't apply too much at once. This is the type of fragrance that you never forget the scent of. Very memorable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2005 2:22:00 PM More reviews by martika

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible, terrible, terrible. This perfume is gross no wonder it is so cheap. I will be using it in my toilet room as a refreshner, this is more like a toilet refreshner than a perfume. Enough said.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is grossly UNDERPRICED. And it really does smell like authentic roses. This perfume stands its own ground.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by dusty333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My mom wears this. I think it really does smell like roses. I do not like rose smells myself, but I think this does smell authentic and not too overpowering.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2005 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for $14.99 at Burlington. It smells like plastic roses if plastic roses had a smell. This is not a scent for me. Also, it screams old age.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Uggggggggh. This is so strong that it's absolutely nauseating. I bought a bottle because it was extremely cheap on Ebay, but just one spritz produced many complaints from those around me. I like subtle rose scents, but this is so rosy that it barely even resembles real roses anymore. It has more of an antiseptic bowl-cleaner quality.

This is obviously a scent whose heyday has passed. The bottle is ugly and blocky, the label looks to be 70's vintage, and the liquid is an icky bright yellow-green colour.

I tried getting rid of my bottle on Ebay for 99 cents. Nobody wanted it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For a rather accurate depiction of rose it's also very affordable, about $30 if I remember correctly. This is one of my favorite perfumes and is always worth searching for.

It's a bit strong so use it lightly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 12:42:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was an impulse buy from Marshall's. For only $9.99, I could afford to give this away if I hated it. But as it turns out, I really do like this for what it is. I would not wear this every day, and it is very literal and one note. But if I had been an adult in the 70's I think I would have worn this often because I did not like Charlie, and the other woody adehydes popular then. When I want roses, this fits the bill, and it does represent itself accurately, which is more than I can say for some other perfumes today. Also, sometimes I pick a perfume apart and one note ruins it for me, but this is just rose, and how can a person not like rose? Like the other posters say, use lightly, because this is potent. Coworkers are fabulous fragrance ruiners, aren't they? I had a room mate once whose perfume everyone hated, and we just waited for her to run out of it, because her dad had bought it for her and it made her feel special. We did not want to rain on her parade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2003 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tea Rose used to be my signature fragrance. I wore it every day for three or four years before I actually discovered the existence of scents other than this one. I vividly recall that the day I stopped wearing it was the day I overheard a co-worker asking where the strong rose "stench" was coming from. I told her rather sheepishly that it may have been my Tea Rose, and she asked if I'd been bathing in it! Since I'd never spray more than two spritzes when applying it, I realized it was just too strong to wear. I do think it's a lovely scent, but now whenever I sniff it, it causes an instant headache and actually makes me feel a bit dizzy. Love it in the bottle - hate it on myself. On that note, I do have a gorgeous Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose candle shaped like a delicate rose that I can never burn because I know it will make me ill! Gorgeous to look at, though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No