April 16, 2014 | 1724 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bebexlove

Recently bought this powder after thinking about if I really needed it.. wanted it.. etc.etc..
Was a bit of a impulse purchase but I do not regret it! Absolutely lovely powder.. matches me perfectly and leaves a very smooth finish... I wouldn't call it exactly a fix for oilys but I don't believe it's meant for that.. so I will not be rating it for that!

Is it worth the price tag? If you love chanel and their cosmetics and don't mind splurging.. go right ahead! WORTH IT! (=

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is decent. It is very sheer which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your needs. I use it to touch up my makeup and it works fine for cutting shine on my combo/dry skin. It doesn't last long on the skin though which is a definate negative. Also, it seems like the color range isn't all that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Bekmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had a hard time with pressed powders. All that I've tried made my skin dry, showed all my imperfections and made me look dull. So i stayed away from pressed powders until I read all the reviews about Chanel. I figured oh why not. This is my HG powder! It has a lovely soft finish when you wear it. It didn't dry out my skin and it evened my skin tone. Now this powder isnt full cover. So some of my freckles still show thru. But its ok with me as I dont want to hide them. I dont care for the compact itself too much. Nice packaging , large mirror, the applicator that came with it is useless, I use my own brush. I would prefer for it not to be Chanel because its sooo expensive for makeup. I will try to look for a cheaper brand but for now this is it! I will def by again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The amazing thing about this powder is that it doesn't even feel like you're applying powder to your face (in the traditional sense). It's so light-weight, feels like nothing, yet it does a decent job of mattifying the skin. Also, I've had my compact for two years and I still have half of the powder left. I have this in Shade 02, and it has warm undertones, but only slightly. I like that it comes with a velvet pouch, so that I can throw it in my purse without being afraid of damaging the compact. It has a faint scent, and the compact is sturdy. The finish is also very natural and matte. It's $54 CDN, but I would highly recommend it, because it lasts a long time (if you don't use it obsessively!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by iAMrandom1096

I've had this powder for a REALLY long time now, and after so many years of having it, I've finally hit pan, which is really upsetting since this is my holy grail powder.
It sets foundation/tinted moisturizer (in my case) perfectly and it gives a nice matte finish. I especially love it because it gives a really soft look and it doesn't make your face look cakey AT ALL.
I just really love it and i think it's definitely worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by dcappelut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

terrible at controlling oil!

although it is good on my acne prone skin, it does nothing for my oily skin.

I love the packaging just because it is chanel :)
sleek, elegant, something that looks pretty in your make up bag.
but other than that, powder puff is terrible! i use my own brush to apply this powder.

overall, this is nothing but a pretty box to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Scherery

I bought this spur of the moment along with my chanel vitalumiere foundation and their illuminating concealer. This is a great powder to go along with these. You can wear it alone, with concealer, or with your foundation and you'll still have a beautiful satin finish. It's a wonderful product. Worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far my favorite powder compact to date. Of course, the packaging is beautiful and elegant. It's like the LBD of purse makeup or in a collection in general. I was concerned that Chanel wouldn't have a color that would match my golden/slightly yellow undertoned Asian skin, but Natural matched me perfectly. The coverage is sheer yet buildable for a natural finish. I use it for touch ups during the day and to keep the oilies at bay. No matter how many times I touch up or how much I apply, it doesn't become cakey.
The only shortcoming would be the puff that came with it. However, I'm not disappointed anymore by these cheap little sponges and puffs that even the high end make up lines include in their products. I have seen the light and now keep a retractable kabuki (Ecotools, love) in my mini on the go make up bag. I don't think I'll ever go back to those sponge applicators. Yes, cumbersome, but oh so worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ditzygrrrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Comes with a cute velvet pouch
- Chic black compact with Chanel logo on top
- Very finely milled powder
- Fits my skintone very well (I'm NC30 and I use 30 Naturel ; Translucent 2)
- Feels like I put NOTHING on my face
Cons:
- The plastic material the compact is made of is not as great as I thought it SHOULD be.
- Compact is prone to fingerprints and can get greasy and SLIPPERY! I bought this from the Chanel counter and opened it up at work a few hours later to powder my face and the compact slipped right out of my hand which leads to my next con...
- The rim around the powder almost popped off the first time I dropped it. I would've been very very mad if it broke completely but thankfully I pushed it back in and it's like-new again
- Compact attracts lint
- Expensive!! $46 at Bloomingdale's
- Doesn't control oil any better than my MSF does

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by RoliiloR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to try this powder for a while, but could not justify the price. My bf was heading back to Canada from Vegas and bought it for me for $40 US. After trying MAC mineral pressed powder and MAC studio fix, this is my HG. It honestly does not compare to anything I've ever used before. I didn't even take any lippies off for price, because you get what pay for. It goes on a little light, but after a few minutes my skin looks so matte, smooth, just perfect.

Take a chance and purchase it, any Chanel counter will take it back if you don't like it. If you are unsure, ask first.