Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

on 11/18/2006 11:32:00 PM

I LOVE Garnier Fructis shampoos and conditioners. Out of all the different types of Garnier products I've used I like this line the best. When I use both the shampoo and conditioner together, my hair is very shiny and soft. Although I like to cheat on this product and use other products I always come back to this one. Helpful hint: I use the dollar off coupons for Fructis and end up paying ~$2 each.

on 10/17/2006 3:40:00 PM

Just as bad as the conditioner. Smells fabulous, and that is all. When I started to rinse this out of my hair, it felt like I was washing pieces of straw! My hair has never felt so dry when washing a shampoo out before. Afterwards, I used the conditioner and that did nothing at all to help. My hair was frizzy, dry, and even more damaged looking than when I began. Don't let the smell tempt you!!

on 10/16/2006 2:55:00 AM

Through a rebate, I got the biggest possible size of this stuff for FREE! I've realized that there is no such thing as a great shampoo for me, but this one is definitely above average. It makes my shower experience more enjoyable and it doesn't leave greasy build-up. The packaging and scent are excellent.

on 10/6/2006 2:31:00 PM

Hate hate hate!

Despite having greasy hair - because I colour it I used this. It dried my hair up so bad even with conditioner !!! I could not get a brush through my short hair!!

Never again.

on 5/17/2006 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this product when it first came out and didn't have a problem with it. I bought it again about two weeks ago. The first day after using it I developed this bumpy, itchy sore spot on my scalp. I didn't think anything about it being related to the shampoo at first, but after a week of using it, I had three more pop up. I hadn't changed my skin or hair care regime in any other way prior to the sores showing up. I stopped using the shampoo and conditioner after a week, and I didn't get anymore sores. I've since switched to dandruff shampoo to try to get the areas, which are now flaking, to heal. The shampoo and conditioner also left this funky texture to my scalp, like it was greasy and flaky all at the same time. That feeling still hasn't gone away after two weeks. I guess I finally know how my dog feels when she gets a hotspot. Not good.

on 5/11/2006 9:39:00 PM

I'm such a sucker for scented shampoos that don't make my hair feel heavy or sticky, that's why I love this shampoo! My dry hair looks very manageable and smooth with this. This is very nice for girls who live in constantly hot and sunny weather. It doesn't dry my hair out and feels wonderful. :)

I like this shampoo and the matching conditioner...it made my dyed hair extremely soft and manageable! I was amazed at how soft it felt when I got out of the shower. I'm not currently using this product, just because I'm using something specially formulated for blonde hair. My mother continues to use this shampoo though, and she won't buy anything else.

on 4/29/2006 6:22:00 PM

I am surprised this product got such lousy reviews. I've been a faithful user of this shampoo for the last two years and it has almost become my HG. I use the matching conditioner as well, and they make my frizzy hair soft and manageable without weighing it down. I do get build-up from all the styling products I use, and for that I must resort to a different clarifying shampoo every 2 weeks. But otherwise this is great stuff.

on 4/21/2006 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is a very moisturizing shampoo. it makes my hair feel so SOFT. i didn't have any problems with it "not lathering or not rinsing well." however, i don't use this for a few days straight, i have to switch to a different shampoo to make my hair fell "clean and light" then go back to this (i shampoo twice a day)

on 4/8/2006 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

it`s bad ! i know usualy garnier doesn`t make good shampoo, but this is to much...