September 22, 2014 | 1253 users online

Bronzers - Giorgio Armani - Sheer Bronzer #1

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2007 7:19:00 AM More reviews by xpinkcouturex

the texture is great but it seems to be more of a blush than a bronzer...i bought it because of all the great reviews but when i tried it on my fair skin it just make me look more reddish...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Great Bronzer. I've probably tried nearly every bronzer on the market... and it is extremely difficult to find a none orangey one. this one is truly brown. there is nooo orange pigment at all! its great for evening... summer, has nice shimmer...give skin a good glow.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by readingredocean

These colours are not very natural looking...the #1 is quite strange colour that can make the complexion look very dirty. It's like a dull brown colour with some shimmer thrown in. I can't imagine this range of bronze shades suiting many people. Compared to his blushes, the bronzers are quite a dissappointment...thank goodness for his bronze mania range!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by azjavagirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't look for HG shadows or lippies or blushes--I think it's fun to dabble and play with the various colors and textures of these items. I do, however, search for HG foundation, concealer, and bronzer. GA Bronzer #1 is in my top 5 at the moment as far as the bronzer search goes. I have yellow undertones and am somewhat fair (NC 25ish, VL Water Canvas Cream Beige/Golden Beige, Stila C). GA #1 is sheer enough not to make me look muddy, has slightly reddish rather than yellow or orange tones so I don't look jaundiced, and nearly imperceptible shimmer for a glow without glare. This may edge out my other options this summer--I promise I'll update when I've decided so you can get off the edge of your seat. :-) (Other faves in the running are: Guerlain Blondes, EL Bronze Goddess, DuWop Bronzerush [August] and Glowfusion in the darkest shade. Also still need to try Bobbi Brown medium.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2007 1:53:00 PM More reviews by marytyler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not much I feel I can add, other than this is a good one. I am so fair, I am transparent. It goes on well, even better if you are using a great brush of course.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

On my MMM/DDD skin, this is the perfect contour bronzer. The color in the pan is a coffee color and on the skin it has a very slight shimmer and a hint of pink. LOVE IT and use it under my cheekbones and on the sides of my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by yipeejackie

Super expensive, but I luckily found mine on eBay for only $16 + $4 S&H. It is well worth it!!! I tried NARS Laguna before buying this one on a whim. This does have a tad bit of reddish tint in it if not applied carefully. It is perfect on top of my self tanned skin :) I use Clarins Liquid Bronze at night first then all I have to do is swipe this on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose before heading off to class/work. Lovely bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2006 4:57:00 PM More reviews by beemer

I can see where all the good reviews are coming from on this. The texture is great, and it goes on with just the slightest touch of shimmer. It is easy to apply subtly since it goes on so sheer. Unfortunately, I think the hint of reddish undertones doesn't work as well on my skin (NC 30, LSF 5) as my HG bronzer (NARS Laguna). And since this is so expensive, I'd rather stick with Laguna!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jillco

This is my HG bronzer! I have tried many, many others but always come back to this one. I am on my third compact in 4 years. Yes it is pricey but worth every penny. The texture of this bronzer is amazing and applies like no other. It is sheer and matte but buildable. It doesn't look orange at all. I always get compliments on my skin when I use this bronzer. For reference I am NC20 with olive undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by likeaperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing, beautiful bronzer. It contains absolutely no orange or yellow, so you don't get any fake-tan 'Oompa Loompa' orange face look. It's extremely easy to blend with a large, soft brush and can be used all over for a healthy glow or as a highlighter in select spots and is very slightly shimmery. I was unsure when the Saks SA put it on me at first, so I didn't buy immediately, but as I walked around the mall for a few hours and caught myself in mirrors it became apparent to me how much more natural and healthy it looked than the MAC pressed bronzer in 'golden' that I had been using, so I went back and bought. I use it every day and I haven't been asked that awkward "uh...did you go to the tanning booth?" question once since I switched. I'll definately rebuy, I've never seen another bronzer with no orange anywhere on the market.