August 23, 2014 | 1299 users online

Palettes - MAC - Pro Colour Palette/Small Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this at the MAC free standing store. I removed the 15 slot grid so I could place all of my eyeshadows in this palette. The entire surface under the 15 circle grid is able to hold a magnet. I have my Mary Kay eyeshadows in there and all my MAC shadows as well. I have depotted all my eyeshadows of various brands including my brow powder, GWP sized shadows etc. I bought a roll of magnetic tape at the craft store and stuck a small strip on the bottom of each depotted eyeshadow. I highly recommend this method for anyone who has a large variety of eyeshadows and who wants them all together in one palette. If you only have MAC shadows, and you remove the circle grid, you can fit closer to 22 or more shadows in the palette rather than just 15. I totally love this palette! continued >>

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 8:49:00 PM More reviews by christyxjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I own the mod palettes and love them but I also adore the MAC ones. I only like the mod ones more because they are smaller and the shadow stays without magnatism. However, the MAC ones are sleeker, cleaner, easier to access, and cheaper (for me). I have 6 15 pan palettes and LOVE them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 3:32:00 AM More reviews by laratron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ITEM DESCRIPTION:

The small pro pan palette (also known as a 15 pan eyeshadow palette) from MAC is a slimline black case that stores MAC pro-pan eyeshadows and depotted MAC eyeshadows.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

These very slim containers are made out of black plastic infused with silver speckles, and stamped with the MAC logo on the hinge lid. The bottom layer is magnetised, enabling eyeshaodw pans that are attached to a magnet/magnetised to sit snugly in the case. The entire case is opaque.
Palette stores fifteen eyeshadow pans, other brands may also fit once depotted.

COST:

Depends on regional price. Whilst it can be seen as expensive at first glance, there are few moderate-to-large eyeshadow palettes available in the market.

PROS:

- slimline design, reduced storage space.

- holds a suitable amount of product.

- is reasonably sturdy; can be dropped without shattering but there is no shock resistance for products inside.

CONS:

- is identical to large pan palette (or 'blush palette'), can be difficult to identify once you have a sizable collection stored in palettes.

- the opaque lid makes quick identification impossible. Could be vastly improved by the addition of a transparent lid.

SUMMARY:

Once you reach a sizable amount of MAC eyeshadows, depotting them into palette storage is a must. A palette is a HG item for working make-up artists or travelling make-up afficionados. If you're sick of clutter or simply want to depot your eyeshadows and gain some Back To Mac items, palettes are the way to go. With the addition of transparent lids, this palette would be perfect.

Was this review helpful to you? Please click the 'yes' button below and let MUA know. :) continued >>

50 out of 52 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVELOVELOVE the 15 pans. Not too fond of the quads. But MAN the 15's are AMAZING. They are SO sleek and fit anywhere. And you know what else is awesome? You can fit different brands in there..urban decay, milani etc. So its not limited to MAC. I use to HATE palettes but once I got too many eyeshadows I decided I needed one. Or two. haha......for now I have 4 15 pan eyeshadow palletes. They just look so pretty next to eachother. THIS IS PERFECT.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by misseng

Love 'em! Bought my second today... it's sooo nice to be able to organize them, and it's great for travelling. They're dirt cheap, too, for the convenience factor the give.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Pink_minx

This is a great way to organize your eyeshadows but the only bad part is IF you accidently drop the palette all your shadows will be broken! arg this is the only bad part but overall its great to organize your shadows

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Chloefg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After seeing all the pictures of de-potted e/s in this palette I decided it was time to organize my pots into color groups into the palettes. It took me a while to get the hang of de-potting but after a few times and with enough patience I now have full 15 palettes of neutrals & browns, 2 started with pinks & oranges. I want to get 4 more for my grays, greens, purples & blues. These things are addicting and I love the back to Mac for the empty pots.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MeowGirl1

I looooove my little MAC palettes! Being the minimalist I am, I have only 3 of these: one that has the colors I use every day (brow, base, mid-tone neutral, highlight), one with alternate neutrals, including shimmery neutrals for evening, and one for fun colors (yes, I limit myself to 3, with great discipline and wailing!). They're so streamlined and organized, and buying e/s pans without the pot saves real money and space (and the palettes hold my depotted and magnetized Milani shadows neatly too). Plus, when I travel, all I need to to is grab a palette or two and go. Try that with a bunch of pots!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Painted_Lady1981

I looooove these things! Slim, sleek, convenient and you can switch the eyeshadows around, so it makes any kind of packing (overnight or for a week) a snap. And now that I know what they retail for (yup . . . I was taken in by the ebay hype and overpaid for my first one :) I plan to make a little trip to the MAC Pro store and stock up on them. Of course, that means I will have to also buy some MAC shadows to fill them up . . . oh, how devious on MAC's part :) But how delightful, just the same :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by aznsmurfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have like 10 of these. hehe I used to keep all my shadows in the 15 pan, but MAN they are unwieldy. I really really like these!! They are like, a staple. hehe So each time I don't have to go crazy if I fill up a palette b/c it's only four, not 15. :) I arrange all my mine by color and I only have 8 of them filled at any one time with a red, yellow/orange, green, blue-greens, blue, purple, neutral/warm browns, blacks. The rest of my shadows go into the 15 pans and I swap the colors in and out of the pans as I feel like a change. :) I keep them stacked upright in a case so I can flip through them like a rolodex. hehe Very good, will buy many more! oops, I have enough, but I'd rebuy if I needed more! :D So convinient for travel too!!