September 23, 2014 | 2035 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Facial Soap Extra Mild

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

contributed to my skin breaking out. its creamy when it laters, unlike the Mild bar which is a normal "soap" later. I guess this is a gentle facial soap, but it didnt help my skin clear up. It didnt irritate it though. Im much happier with Clinique's Mild Liquid soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 8:53:00 AM More reviews by blchfrd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this with my 3-step routine on my very dry skin. And I am very happy. In the winter I follow with the mils clarifying lotion, in summer with ne No.1 clarifying lotion and the DDML befor my moisturizer.
My skin feeld clean and soft after being wasched with the soap, but not dried out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2005 2:55:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have rosacea. I also have very dry skin, especially on the cheeks. I use Renova at night, which requires a thoroughly clean face and NO moisturizer before application. It is now winter here in the coldest city on earth, and I am actually in pain. I bought the soap at the behest of the Clinique "consultant" who is 21 and uses Proactive if you know what I mean. I don't care for Cetaphil or any of the other similar products because I just don't feel clean enough, especially before Renova. Incidentally, you are not supposed to clean your face in the am, just rinse because it would be too drying an ordeal. Anyway, I started to use Clinique because Estee Lauder's products were too smelly and irritating, and Lancome's had the same problem. I also use products by La Roche Pochay specifically for my skin, but never felt that clean. I tried the soap - OUCH. The first night, literally, I felt clean, but completely stripped of all oils. Fine, the next night, I used a touch, following the Comfort Cleanser I use to remove makeup. Still dry, and today, my cheek is stinging. So, I used it in the shower for my body (I work out alot and body build so I sweat a great deal) and actually, I feel really really clean without a scent to compete with my body moisturizer or perfume. So, I would definitely NOT recommend the soap for the face, but as a body soap, I like it better than anything else I have tried. Now, we'll see how long it will last as a body soap, and if it lasts long, than this will be my body soap choice.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2005 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ingad

I hated this soap.
Save your money and use Almay Gently Clean Non-Oily Face Makeup Remover Pads and your skin will love it

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I have to say I have used the infamous 3 step system and this could have possibly started my skin on its downhill spiral into combo/acne prone/sensitive hell. But I have found that the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar is exactly the same at almost more than half the price why buy this. The packaging is nice to have the little tray but just buy a travel soap dish at walmart works just as good. Save your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2004 11:14:00 AM More reviews by dodecaphonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry/sensitive skin and I really like this soap. It doesn't leave my face dry or irritated and works well with the rest of my skin routine. Result = great skin ! It may look expensive for soap but it lasts a very long time. UPDATE : I removed two lippies, because I found a better cleanser for my skin. I realised even if this was working, I had more trouble keeping my skin hydrating and I think it was more reactive. It looked good, but was always on the limit of what my skin could endure. Now I am even happier with Avene rinse-off gentle gel cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2004 3:50:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

This is a terrible product. I've got sensitive/combo skin and this just DOES not work for me at all. Makes me dry and flaky. I might as well take a bar of Irish Spring and rub it all over my face. Yuck. Depletes my face of ANY and ALL moisture, which later in the day, makes me more oily to compensate. Like the cute case it comes in and the cheap price but that is about it. At one point I was using the three step system and complained to the SA that the extra mild soap, take the day off, cl #2 and DDML was too much for my skin, everything stung, and I was still breaking out, she said what I needed was to add a different facial cleanser before the facial soap. ?. That is when I quit the three step all together. Now I just use the toner. And I switched from #2 to mild clarifying toner. Much better. Oil of Olay cleanser and moisturizer work much better for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2004 5:17:00 PM More reviews by snowybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really really don't like this...it's a pricier soap but it's still soap...doesn't feel like it should be used on my face...and the case is so hard to close...also i have to wash the case every time i wash my face to keep the soap from not stick to it...really disappointed...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2004 6:46:00 PM More reviews by jnnlw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It makes a good camp/backpacking soap. Since it's a little drying, I wouldn't use it every day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2004 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Inimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing wrong with this product. Lathers just enough, pleasent smell (although it has no scent) and works great on my skin. No dry areas at all. Good product.