MAC Viva Glam III

4.5

This is my first MAC lippie that got me hooked onto MAC. It's matte, a deep plummy berry sort of a colour, and goes on very well. Doesn't have a hint of a brown or red on me. This is a very 'safe' shade of lipstick, goes with mnay looks and would suit a lot of skin tones in my opinion. Don't try this one though if you don't like matte.

on 9/7/2006 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Upon first inspection, this intense matte dark brick red scared my hair skinny. Dark lip colors of any kind usually leave me reeling with horrendous memories of high school when I donned the ever-so-popular ďnear-black lipstickĒ look. Ha ha, shut up, I thought I was so cool! ;) But anyway I figured since this lipstick was for a good cause, I simply had to spring for it. And yep, this is the darkest lipstick I own. Itís like a way darker Dubonnet (which I swapped away after acquiring this). Iím not going to lie, it is a bit daunting on the lips. I canít seem to wear it unless I do a very simple eye look or I just look plain silly. This matte lipstick is a bit drying, of course, but the lasting power is pretty impressive, save for the last few hours in which it fades into a sickly looking feather-red mess on the lips. I doubt Iíll be using this lipstick often and I canít say I would repurchase it, but itís cool to have around for now.

on 3/27/2006 11:33:00 PM

This is a gorgeous, classic browned berry lipstick--very pigmented. The color reminds me of Vincent Longo's Belle Etoile, but the texture is more matte and less moisturizing, and it is less brown, which is good for the cool-toned. It's a dramatic, lovely, dark but wearable shade; it may look a little goth on this PPP, but it's worth it!

on 3/26/2006 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i've bought SEVERAL tubes of this over the years. i love it! it's my favorite because it's the perfect color for my skin tone. if i could only have one lipstick in the world it would be this. depending on the lip liner and lip glosses i use with this i can create tons of different looks. it's listed as a matte but it's not drying, goes on smooth and is a good color year round. the money goes to an aids charity so i like that but it also means you can't get it as part of the recycle program but that's okay....it's for a good cause. try it on if you're looking for a nice color (btw: i'm a brown skinned black woman)

on 3/16/2006 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Killer deep browned burgandy without the berry or fuscia undertones I usually fear with these darker reddish shades..my only complaint is the extremely dry texture that makes it kind've hard to apply..You need to make sure your lips are moisturized.And I recommend applying a gloss over it..For reference I'm LLL w/ golden undertones (JI Warm Silk,LM Warm Ivory La Praire Creme Peche, KA SSE 05)

on 11/28/2005 1:47:00 AM

This is one of the very few colors I will wear in the "red-burgundy-brown" family that is very intense when I want to look more "dramatic" or for evening wear. During the day, I would downplay my eyes, maybe just a neutral shade over my lids and a coat of mascara-then use a lipliner with VIVA GLAM III....definately such a dramatic attention grabbing color you wouldn't want to use very much eye makeup. The other color I love for drama is FLUID..(more grape-ish tone w/ burgundy- sort of goth looking)MAC makes the best colors and these are just a few. While I use them very sparingly-they are definately keepers! I probably wouldn't use it enough to buy a second tube!

on 11/9/2005 1:22:00 AM

I'm a LLL, brown hair, blue eyed girl that usually wears only pale pinky lip colours.

I decided I wanted to try something like this and I wasn't dissapointed, at first I was quite scared but it looks really classy and 'vintage pin up' (which I love).

I hope i get the courage to wear this one outside my house. ;) continued >>

This is a great deep burgundy shade. The matte finish is so classy and vintage. It really helps put together a real polished and posh look. I agree with the pale girl thing. I'm pale and it looks the perfect shade of deep burgundy but on darker indviduals it lives up to the website's description: brownish plum. Weird. It's a keeper!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite MAC lipstick. I love medium to deep berry colors for my lips. I love matte lipsticks, it lasts long and I like that. I'm down to my very last bit of it and I would definitely buy it again!

on 5/10/2005 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

RIS - gorgeous colour to replace all of my berry-brown shades that I had given/thrown away in the past. This is quickly turning into my HG of deep berry l/s colours. Apply really lightly (blot a few times) then apply MAC Lipglass in Chapeau over it and it is to die for.

Popular Lipsticks