October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Awesome, versatile crease color for making a different kind of smoky eye. My new favorite crease color, it very well does go with all kinds of shadows. It is difficult to blend, which is why I took off a lippie. I do love that it's a matte shadow, I wish I bought it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jensthirdsn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I looooove this. Its my HG I wear it just about every day. It is the perfect shade. You can build it up to make it reallyyyyy dark or you can blend it out to make it really light and subtle. I would buy this over and over again. I always get compliments on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

A velvety matt very dark purply blue colour with very good pigmentation. Ideal for smokey looks or for the crease and outer V area! Will look goon on all skintones

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by nursesc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an okay dark crease color. It gives off a blackish purple shade with NO shimmer (it is a matte). I use it to make a smokey look but mostly I use it as an eyeliner shadow. I'm more fair so alittle goes along way. No bad complaints, just nothing special!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted a purple shadow that is:

Matte

So dark it could pass for black when used as a liner

Well-pigmented, for full coverage

Not too red, as some plums and purples can be

Long wearing
Well, Iím happy to report that Shadowy Lady is all of the above!

My aim was to find a purple shadow with which to top my black gel liner, to soften it a bit and add a subtle hint of purple to flatter my beautiful (Iíve been told this more times than I can count!)green eyes.
Shadowy Lady seems to be exactly right for this purpose.

It is a deep deep almost black purple, just right for lining. Itís matte, and plenty dark enough for good definition, without being harsh. Using Shadowy Lady to line lends that subtle hint of purple, to play up my eye color, without looking gaudily colorful.

I must admit that Shadowy Lady doesnít have a buttery-smooth texture, and I can see how some might not like it for use as a shadow. Also, it is *very* dark, possibly making it a bit tricky to use for a subtle daytime shadow. But for my purposes, it works just fine.

Shadowy Lady comes in the standard mirror-less clear-topped flip-top black MAC compact, and retails for $14.00. Itís a permanent item in MACís line, so when I need to buy more, I can easily do so. If I continue to like this as much as I do now, it will be a staple in my collection.
UPDATE: I've found that, after all, merely using Shadowy Lady instead of black shadow to top my black gel liner doesn't show up enough purple to really make any difference, so I've started using Bobbi Brown Black Plum Ink gel liner and topping that with Shadowy Lady. Shadowy Lady works *perfectly* over Black Plum Ink, and the combination is dark enough to define my eyes, but is less stark than black. It makes my eyes look more intensely green, but you can't really tell that I'm wearing purple liner.
Shadowy Lady is a definite five!

continued >>

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by simba2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is perfect, for the crease. It goes perfect with any color. Must have eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I love Shadowy Lady so much more than I expected. It's so versatile, it will go with almost any other colour. I use it with browns, purples and pinks. The texture is nice and soft and highly pigmented, but pretty easy to blend. I have it in both the Royal Assets Cool Eyes and the Shadowy Lady palettes, and the quality is consistently good. I think this is one of the must-have Mac shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by JustLikeHollywood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was convinced about buying this by the MA I love the colour in the pan, but this was before I discoverd the importance of application...
Once I did, wow, I loved it. This shadow does not look black to me, as some people think it does, this shadows very dark, but still purple, it goes with most things. If i do a dark look, it goes all over with a blackest black in the outer V and crease, or a nuteral matte look with it in the outer V and crease. The shadow is a matte finish, which I love, since im not a big fan of gitter or sparkle.
If you like dark mattes this ones for you, if not, I'd say give it a miss.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bad.
not pigmented, chalky, once it actually shows up it does not blend. crappy dark purple color. dont even bother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasnt sure about this one at first, cause matte shadows are not my favorites... but this is a very nice color and it does blend easily. It's the best color to darken the crease of any neutral, blue, purple shadows. It is really a must in your palette.