Ben Nye Lumiere Grande Colour

4.8

on 6/8/2003 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have these in Azalea (bright Fuschia) and Cosmic Blue (shimmery ocean blue). They are gorgeous and can be used as either sheer wash if used with a fluffy brush, or applied heavier with a taklon brush. If applied heavily these look like metallic color. These are great for dramatic color.

on 6/8/2003 1:16:00 AM

Awesome! If you're going for the longwearing big bang, this is for you! Colors are intense and creamy. The individual containers are practical and attractive. Cheaper than many other brands, also. What else can I say? Love em'!

on 5/22/2003 12:17:00 PM

I LOVE this palette so much, I want to marry it!! The colors are beautiful and incredibly vivid, especially when applied with Ben Nye Liquiset or water. You can buy a set of 6 or 12. Priced well, too (I paid 80 Canadian for the 12 set). They last all day without creasing, too. And they come in a really nifty metal "paintbox" with a (crappy!) brush included. See my profile for a picture of this and some other Ben Nye stuff.

on 3/5/2003 11:55:00 AM

I LOVE these. I have the 12-pan Lumiere palette and it is fabulous. These can be used for so many things. On eyes dry for a light wash of color, or applied with water or a mixing agent such as Ben Nye Final Seal for a more intense, paint-like effect. The result when wet is intense glitter shimmer similar to MAC Pigments. These can also be used for body painting. Also, the price can NOT be beat. One thing I love about Ben Nye is that it is MAC, or other high-end brand, quality at a complete fraction of the cost. I got my entire 12-pan palette for only $50, which is a little over $2 each! And each pan is about 3g I believe! Whoa! I love it.

on 2/23/2003 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

MVP and worth the trip (or wait). Lumiere Grand Colours are *intense*! They are highly pigmented, can be used wet or dry, can be mixed with water to create paints, and are suitable
all-over. Some of the colours are blindingly bright (Azalea), but others are basics which would fit into any kit, such as Golden Apricot.
Another bonus: Lumieres are available in 3 types of packaging--in a MAC-style flip-top case (same size a MAC large shadows), as a pan (same size), and as a snap-in refil for the metal "paintbox" (smallest diameter but more product!). At ~$8-10 each, they're more expensive than drugstore, but worth it! Avail. at makeupmania.com, wyb.com, and theatrical makeup stores.