Sonia Kashuk bare minimum pressed powder

4.3

Contains: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, PTFE, Boron Nitride, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zeolite, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Propylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake.

on 4/12/2004 1:35:00 PM

I bought this in a panic when I realized on my way to work that my beloved japonesque teeny sifter full of MUFE Super Mat loose powder was still on my bathroom counter at home... and I cannot go an hour without blotting and powdering. So, I ran into Target and grabbed this product in Translucent. It's a perfect sorta pale yellow based beige... great new packaging (large white compact with mirror and puff inside), no comedeogenic ingredients, and kills shine instantly. My only complaint is that this is one of those powders that goes on almost too matte and too heavy at first but it dies down quickly once it contacts your skin's oil. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin. But for normal/combo/oily girls this is a very refined, silky powder with surprising coverage at an excellent price ($8.99). Ten times better than L'Oreal's pressed powder and sure beats those awful Isopropryl palmitate-ladened NYC powders or gritty Cornsilk and CG concotions.

on 2/22/2004 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder is very silky and provides more coverage than other powders I've used. The two main problems for me is the cheap smell and it doesn't last long on my combo-oily skin. At least it didn't break me out and i bought it on sale for $5.

on 2/8/2004 8:19:00 PM

Very silky powder and doesn't look chalky. Goes on too heavily with the enclosed applicator though, so I have to use this with a brush. Also, I bought a shade too dark because it looked alot lighter in the pan. Probably would've liked this alot more had I got the right color.

on 6/8/2003 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

GREAT, extremely high quality, finely milled, SILKY pressed powder! I love it! Does it's job and at $8 it's a steal! Plus it comes in a sleek, chic silver compact.

on 5/8/2003 3:04:00 PM

This is a good powder in terms of quality (doesn't get chalky, sets concealer well) but the color selection isn't the greatest. I'm very fair and the lightest color I found, Chiffon, was too dark, yellow and warm for me.

on 4/19/2003 7:24:00 PM

PERFECT texture - Not-so-perfect color. This is a great powder for touchups: light, blots oil, feels nice, and it doesn't look powdery at all. I like the packaging very much; however, i do wish it was smaller. Great product for the price - would still be a value if it were more expensive. However, Sonia needs to add some more color choices. The lightest (chiffon) is a little to dark for me, but just applying lightly, it isn't all that noticable. UPDATE: I took a risk and bought "Transparent" matches my PPP skin perfectly. Love it! Bumping it up to 5 lippies! UPDATE again: Bumping back down to 4 because the Translucent was formulated differently. It smelled like Stila IPF, and gave me the same reaction: little bumps all over.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in translucent and it is indeed translucent! I like how fine the powder is, and it doesn't change the color of my foundation. It also doesn't look obvious. A great bargain too.

on 2/22/2003 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great pressed powder! The color is really nice and netral (I have it in wheat) and goes on so nicely and is not obviously powdery at all. I love the case, which is a flat sleek silver design so the outside doubles as a mirror and there is also a generous size mirror when you open up the compact as well. It just looks so cute in my purse! Sonia Kashuk has some really great products, and I'm so happy they're at Target...this was about $7.99 and easily as nice as a high end powder, imo.

Recommended for Normal Skin