April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Pressed Powders - Sonia Kashuk - bare minimum pressed powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2003 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Gwen03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good powder in terms of quality (doesn't get chalky, sets concealer well) but the color selection isn't the greatest. I'm very fair and the lightest color I found, Chiffon, was too dark, yellow and warm for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2003 7:24:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PERFECT texture - Not-so-perfect color. This is a great powder for touchups: light, blots oil, feels nice, and it doesn't look powdery at all. I like the packaging very much; however, i do wish it was smaller. Great product for the price - would still be a value if it were more expensive. However, Sonia needs to add some more color choices. The lightest (chiffon) is a little to dark for me, but just applying lightly, it isn't all that noticable. UPDATE: I took a risk and bought "Transparent" matches my PPP skin perfectly. Love it! Bumping it up to 5 lippies! UPDATE again: Bumping back down to 4 because the Translucent was formulated differently. It smelled like Stila IPF, and gave me the same reaction: little bumps all over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2003 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in translucent and it is indeed translucent! I like how fine the powder is, and it doesn't change the color of my foundation. It also doesn't look obvious. A great bargain too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2003 10:19:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

This is a great pressed powder! The color is really nice and netral (I have it in wheat) and goes on so nicely and is not obviously powdery at all. I love the case, which is a flat sleek silver design so the outside doubles as a mirror and there is also a generous size mirror when you open up the compact as well. It just looks so cute in my purse! Sonia Kashuk has some really great products, and I'm so happy they're at Target...this was about $7.99 and easily as nice as a high end powder, imo.