November 24, 2014 | 1509 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I used to color my hair dark brown shades, this is the brand I would use. Most of the time, the color would be true to what is described on the box. I am not sure if the formula changed or if my hair turned to a less than healthy state at some time, but the colors started going almost black on me. So, I turned to highlights. It is just easier for me to have a salon maintain my hair that way. So, maybe the reason this doesn't work is because I am not a hair color specialist...but I supposed most people that are dying their hair with drug store products aren't professionals. Needless to say...this is the product that turned me to professional colorings.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by slvrponygt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Went from 44 Crushed Garnet to R37 Blowout Burgundy and I love it!!! I have had no problems using Feria Haircolor.... just enjoy having extra money not spent at the salon!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Peachey27Mel

I used this in a medium brown shade and the color came out sooooo dark. Which I wouldn't have minded so much if the color didn't look so flat and dull and "wig-like." There doesn't appear to be any dimension to the color. And my hair seems the worse for wear to say the least. For some reason my hair now turns into a tangled bird's nest whenever I wash it. It must take me 15 minutes to gently comb out the tangles from my wet hair after a shower. My hair has never been like this before- it all started a few days after I used this box color. I am VERY dissatified with this brand overall and would not recommend it or repurchase it. Clairol is a much better bets.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by savvystylist

Fades fast, and quite pricey for box color.

how ever they have a great rage of colors, if only they were vibrant as advertised and lasted.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I had used Feria for years, it made my hair shiny, thicker and the color lasted longer than any other brand I ever tried. For an OTC color, in my opinion it beats other brands hands down. but you have to use shampoo AND conditioner for color treated hair, you have to wash at least a day or two before and don't add anything to your hair the day before or of coloring. Also don't shampoo your hair for 48 hours after coloring-you shouldn't even do this with a salon professional coloring either.
What do some of you expect with a 10 dollar hair dye??? Its not a salon coloring job and even salons can't totally change the color of your hair unless they use an additive to the dye.
At this time can't afford the 55 dollars plus tips-so this is my alternative for now and am happy with the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this recently in the starry night, but I've used tons of other colors. I really like the shades that Feria has but to me out of all the OTC dyes out there Feria fades the fastest. IE I just used Starry Night and it was faded by two weeks and I could see the brown I had before coming out. I'm done with box dyes, especially Feria or any Loreal dyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by CassandraMortmain

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been dying my hair since I was 20 - when I moved to England, that was the norm, really. So, I'm a veteran. In my mid 30's I switched to using Feria b/c the colors were really fashion forward for the States. However - I had to stop with the Feria, b/c it was taking the wave out of my natural loose curls. My hairdresser clued me in - he told me that I needed to switch brands & eventually my curl would come back. He was right - and I've avoided all L'Oreal brands since then.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Raven06

This is my hair color. I get many complements on my hair color. I use Golden Brown in the summer months and Bronzed Brown in the winter months. My hair has great natural looking highlights. It hasn't faded for me but I use always shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair.
I have tried other brands but I like that this is used on dry hair and is only 20 minutes on the hair.
I don't wash my hair the next day or the day I color. I use a good clarifying shampoo the day prior to coloring and don't use styling products before I color. The hair needs to not have build up but some natural oils to protect whenever coloring. Another tip is add some almond oil to the color about a tablespoon in addition to the oil included it helps me stretch the color. I also use almost half of the conditioner when I rinse to really condition.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WORST HAIR DYE EVER. I always use Revlon Colorsilk when I want to dye my hair but it was really starting to damage my hair. So I wanted to try something different and I got this. Let me start off by saying that this didn't even dye my hair. My blonde roots are still showing. And trust me, I know how to dye my hair. The color I got was M33 Natural Soft Black. Don't waste your time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by rimanuela1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used brazilian brown and espresso brown... 1st gave me a nice caramel brown color , the other a nice dark brown, both are very shiny at first but damaged my hair and both faded
in 2 weeks....