Phyto Phytonectar Shampoo

3.7

Amino Methyl Propanol (Botanical Origin), Hypericum Perforatum Extract (Millepertuis) (Botanical Origin), Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Botanical Origin), Magnesium Laureth Sulfate (Botanical Origin), Disodium Cocamphodiacetate (Botanical Origin), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate (Botanical Origin), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (Botanical Origin), PEG 4 Rapeseedamide (Botanical Origin), PEG 15 Cocopolyamine (Botanical Origin), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (Botanical Origin), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Botanical Origin), Citrus Amara (Orange) Flower Essential Wax (Botanical Origin), Ceteareth 60 Myristyl Glycol, Sodium Laureth 11 Carboxylate (Botanical Origin), Laureth 10 (Botanical Origin), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (Botanical Origin), Panthenol, Polyquaternium 10 (Botanical Origin), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parabens (Ethyl, Butyl) (Preservative), Methylchloroisothiazolinone (Preservative), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 9/13/2005 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this during the winter months or about 1-2 times a week during the summer. This is an extremely nourishing shampoo. I have normal color-treated hair, dry ends, and very prone to lack of volume with most moisturizing shampoos, but this does not weigh it down at all. For more hydration I leave it on for about 2-3 minutes, after pre-shampooing with something gentle like Alba Botanica voluminizing. Very rich lather and heavenly scent!

on 9/12/2005 11:10:00 PM

I love the smell, it's like honeysuckles, very sweet and floral. I really liked all of the phyto shampoos at first, they seem to make a difference. But they want you to shampoo 2 times and leave it in for 2-3 minutes and they try to get you to buy 2-3 different shampoos. And they are in glass bottles. So if I have time for a longer shower I use them or when my hair is extremely dry. Other wise I just use my regualr shampoo. And at $20 each I really have to feel like i want to pamper myself to buy them.

on 9/4/2005 5:19:00 AM

Very disappointed! Tried this on my chemically straightened hair and it stripped it dry. Yuck. I"ve since learned that Phytologie products contain a lot of alcohol, so no wonder it's so drying. Stay away unless your hair's really super oily.

on 8/5/2005 8:27:00 AM

WOW!!!! True indulgence! It immediately moisturized my hair. My split ends have smoothed down. Very very very lovely!!!

on 7/4/2005 9:08:00 AM

This is highly nourishing stuff! My split ends simply disappeared after only one use. The shampoo is thick and somewhat sticky, with a strong organic flower scent that fades to a lovely light fragrance after washing. Due to the richness and stickiness, I am not sure about the cleansing power of this shampoo, so I always wash my hair with some other shampoo(ABBA Moisture Scentsation shampoo for now, which leaves my hair feeling quite clean AND stripped of oil entirely) first, and use Phytonectar for the second washing. The instruction says leave the shampoo on for 5 minutes before rinsing it off, meaning that I have to stand in the bathroom with my head hanging down for 5 minutes inspite of my impatient nature............but it's worth it, the way the shampoo transformed the split ends is just scary.
Drawback: the shampoo comes in a small glass bottle with a screw-on cap which is really inconvenient, imagine pouring the shampoo into one hand and then trying to screw the cap back with the remaining free hand, and if the shampoo was standing free it'd probably fall over while you're doing that. Some people complained about hair tangling up after using this shampoo, I have not experienced that.
It's probably not necessary to buy a second bottle of Phytonectar after hair has grown healthy again. I highly recommend this to anyone with severely damaged hair, it would very likely be all they need.

on 5/1/2005 8:53:00 AM

Ohmygod, worst shampoo on the planet earth. I used it and I could not even get the comb thru my hair! What a disaster...am returning it today along with the conditioner....Pantene, I'm coming back to you!

on 4/3/2005 2:08:00 PM

I have shoulder length, straight, fine hair, and not a lot of it. If you have similar hair, you will know that most products tend to weigh it down, make it stick together, or make it look oily. This shampoo does not do any of these things. My hair even looks clean the next day - which was a nice surprise. I normally have to tie it back and spray it down if it isn't a "wash day". Although I would not hesitate to recommend this product to anyone who could afford it ($20 per bottle is a bit rich), my hair needs a conditioner as well as this fine product.

on 3/9/2005 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried so many products. Loads and loads and loads. Kerastase, Nexxus, Goldwell, Redken, Aquage..you name it, I've tried it. My hair is very dry and fine. There are no products in this world that are moisturising enough to restore it back to its normal moisture level. HOWEVER this shampoow was such a surprise! My mum bought it for herself and I had tried it and used Kenras IET afterwords and my hair was, for the first time in 3 years, LIKE SILK. I was amazed. I instantly got my own bottle of this and I use it religiously. It's still not QUITE moisturizing enough but the closest there is. Except the packaging is kind of annoying to use since its a glass bottle, but I can deal with that.

on 2/27/2005 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I seem to be in the minority, but this is a great shampoo for my very dry/damaged hair. It cleans without stripping, and leaves my hair soft. Yes, it's got wax in it, but I don't mind because it weights my hair down, making it easier to style (and it's nothing that some clarifying shampoo can't handle). Like all phyto products I've ever tried, the first few times I used it, I ended up with a tangled mess, but if I keep using it, my hair settles down. Even if it seems like it's not working for you, I'd suggest using it at least 4-5 times. I don't mind the smell - in fact, I actually like it. If you don't like the glass bottle, then transfer it to another container. It comes in glass because there are no preservatives, and the glass keeps it fresh, whereas plastic wouldn't. Will continue to rebuy.

on 12/22/2004 7:09:00 PM

For me personally, this shampoo hydrates my hair than any other shampoo I have tried. I color my hair and it's very dry. This shampoo and also using the Phytonectar Oil as a treatment a couple of times a month helps a lot.

Top Rated Phyto Products