July 28, 2014 | 1827 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by bluna11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The beat cleanser/mask on the market. Bought this a little over a week before I went on vacation with the hopes of it clearing me out and it did!! I mostly use this as a mask pretty much everyday. This isn't as harsh on the skin like some other reviews suggest and I have somewhat sensitive skin. Try it! Won't wash off your make up that well tho so don't have that expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

I think it's safe to review this now, finally. I've been using this now for almost a month. Out of nowhere my skin literally, FREAKED. Little under-skin bumps all over my cheeks, jawline, forehead, and temples - so pretty much everywhere LOL. It was so sucky, I've dealt w acne before and know how it can and does pretty much suck your confidence away and consume your thoughts so I was really upset. However, thank you to MA I saw good reviews about this guy and I know for a fact that my skin loves BP and reacts really well to it, not so much salicylic acid. So I purchased and use twice daily, once at night and once in the morning. AMAZING. Been almost a month and my skin is almost back to being fully clear again. THANK GOD. Dried me out a little for about a week and then it was fine, that's all part of the process so stick w it. It also has a nice cooling affect to the skin, I love that. Love love love this and wont be going back to anything else! Oh and I also use as a mask after I wash my face with it about twice a week :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is DEFINITELY not for people with sensitive skin. I, luckily, don't have sensitive skin, but even for me sometimes it is a little too much. So, before you come to MakeupAlley whining about it if you knew the effects and read reviews beforehand, just skip this at Walmart and get something that won't irritate your skin.

For me, this stuff works. It does dry out my skin, but if I keep it moisturized, that's not a problem. When I take this off, I can feel it getting rid of some of my acne. I just used it this morning, and my face looks even better than before.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Mayayoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually make my own cleansers, toners etc. but I had broken out fairly bad a decided to buy a cleanser. Never in my life has a cleanser hurt my skin before as I don't have sensitive skin, but OUCH! I got out of the shower where I had left the mask for about 2-3 minutes. The burning sensation was cooling at first but just got too much and I had to wash it off. I came out all red and smeared some whitchhazel on my face which usually cools things down but the mere rubbing of a cotton ball on my skin had me cringing. I then smothered my face in mixture of oils. I haven't seen the results yet, but even if it works I will certainly not be coming back for more. Usually I love Neutrogena but I am disappointed. If you want a milder cleanser try the pink grapefruit cleanser, it's a lot less harsh on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by beautyfu13

I bought this because I saw it has BP and my acne reacts great to that. unfortunately this made my face super dry and tight when I used it as a normal cleanser so I just use it as a mask once a week and I like it

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by amilami

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product BURNED my face! I used it as a mask on where I was breaking out and it'l burned like crazy at first but i assumed that was just the product working its magic so I left it on. When I rinsed it off this morning the breakouts were worse! DARK RED! Stay away from this whether you have sensitive skin or not!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by itsholly20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is the ONLY product that has ever worked for me to get rid of my acne. it is 3.5% benzoyl peroxide acne medication, which i find helps more with my acne than salicylic acid, which works better with blackheads. i struggled with horrible embarrassing acne all through high school, and within the first few weeks of using this my acne was gone. the only time i have bad breakouts is when i stop using this and switch to something else. the only reason i didn't give this a 5/5 is because my skin is very dry naturally and this stuff does not help that at all. it strips off all the oil off your face so i have to use a lot of moisturizer. i'm willing to continue having dry skin because its better than having acne all over my forehead.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Kierstynmarie

I want to preface this with stating that I do not at all have sensitive skin.
Only a few products have every had a negative reaction with my skin - and nothing as terrible as this did!

I used this product after washing and drying my face - no toner, just a cleanser and rinsing it off then drying.

I put a thin, even layer of this on. I felt a little bit of burning/stinging which I have become accustomed to with deep pore cleansing masks, so I didn't think anything of it.
When it was dry, I went to wash it off and noticed my skin was pink.

I figured it would go away, but it didn't! You can very clearly see where the mask was and was not on my skin! It burned it!
I can only imagine what would have happened to someone with much more sensitive skin than I!

I do not recommend at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by GabriellaC

This works amazing with the clear pore astringent!! I think the combination of the two products is even getting rid of my old acne marks, which NOTHING worked on them!! Love this stuff, better then anything else including the proactiv I wasted money on!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Kgsurfs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I used this as a teenager (along with a million other drugstore acne skin care products) and I can remember LOVING the cooling (think minty gum on your face) feeling it had. Well now as a young woman I treat myself regularly to facials with an esthetician. I'm a firm believer that clear skin is more beautiful than makeup. My esthetician actually used this as a wash/mask on me as a treatment and I recognized the scent and cooling effect as soon as she put it on me. That was all it took for me to love it once again. After checking two CVS, a Ralph's and two ULTAs I finally found it! Lol, yes I am a crazy person. Hopefully I will see remarkable results with continued use. Seeing that my esthetician who is a qualified professional trusts this over high end big price tag brands; I trust it whole heartedly! It's $6, why not?