August 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Killviolet13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was super surprised by this product! I love the fresh, cool feeling I get when I wash my face! My face always looks clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sashaMambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is my go-to! Anytime I have a breakout, I know I can clear it up fast by using this as a mask for a couple of night in a row. Besides clearing up acne, I have found this cleanser to also even out my overall skin tone. My current routine is to use this as a cleanser at night and a gentle wash like cetaphil in the morning. I originally used it twice a day, but it started to really dry out my skin. Using it just at night has worked the best for me. I would highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

The best drugstore facewash I've tried. My skin reacts to benzoyl peroxide better than salicylic acid for acne and this is one of the few BP products in stores. The other products i used were 10% BP and really dried out my skin, this is only 3%. It's not a miracle worker, but this really helps keep my skin clear, even if I'm not eating right, sleeping enough ect, ect. I use it as a mask in the shower sometimes (put this on my face first then wash my hair + body), and when I'm done I notice cleaner looking pores. I like that it's a multipurpose product. If you've been through a lot of the Neutrogena (they're mostly SA) or drugstore facewashes and you don't have super sensitive skin, I'd highly recommend and I will keep on using this face wash :)

Edit: when I stop using this I notice blackheads. It really works to clear your pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Kyunghei

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I learned long ago that I dislike benzoyl peroxide (BP) products in gel or cream form because my skin doesn't need that much contact with BP in order for it to keep my skin clear from acne and excessive contact with BP makes my skin worse because the skin irritation leads to more skin issues. This cleanser is great because if I leave it on my skin for a few minutes and then wash it off, that's as much contact with BP I need to keep acne away. I believe that this and the Stridex Power Pads are the two best benzoyl peroxide products I've ever used, but only one is needed at a time. The Stridex Power Pads are good for on-the-go cleaning, traveling, gym bag, purse, right before other treatments or facials, etc. This cleanser is better for a deeper clean or use with an exfoliating brush, like the Pro-X. In the past I would sometimes break out after exfoliating and I believe that the reason was that small abrasions in my skin would become infected by the bacteria already on my skin. Benzoyl Peroxide is an antibacterial, so I make sure to use it always either before or during any exfoliation of the skin on my face. It worked. Best of all, I'm not left with that thick "stuff on my face" feeling that leave-on treatments give me. I always had a difficult time wearing makeup and sunscreen over them and they felt yucky on my skin. Not a problem with using a cleanser instead. No worries about bleaching my hair or clothes, or the sticky-slick feeling of dried gels that are so hard to wear makeup with, or that paste-on-your-face feeling of cream BP treatments.

Method: I love using this cleanser with the Olay Pro-X facial brush (the one with the spinning head). I make sure that I leave this cleanser on my skin for at least a minute, but it works better if I leave it for 2-5 minutes before I wash it off. Use it one to three times a day to clear up and prevent acne. It's great to use in the shower, too. Rub it on my face, neck, decollete, then wash my hair and body, rinse it ALL off, and I'm done.

It isn't a perfect cleanser. I have to use a different cleanser to remove the kind of makeup for oily skin that I wear before I can use this, but I know that it keeps me from getting acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mrsgood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly must say I HATE this product! It burned my face and left it extremely dried out! I had small rough dark patches. I had to use a sensitive skin cleanser and tons of moisturizer. My skin maybe is too sensitive to this product but just a warning. Package & price was ok but overall it gets a 0-1!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by aysm96

BEST face wash I have ever used. I used this in middle school but had no acne whatsoever back then, but I started getting really terrible acne towards the end of high school and my dermatologist reccomended i use this wash again. I will never go back to anything else, this is hands down THE best face wash out there and one of the only over the counter benzoyl peroxide washes. I dont have very dry skin but it can sometimes dry my skin out if i use too much or leave it on as a mask for too long but that rarely happens! This cures/prevents acne like no other and I couldnt imagine my life without it. The only downside is that is stains colored towels and clothing so you should use and already white towel to dry your face after washing with this (I asked my dermatologist about this and said that the ingredients react differently cloth than with skin so alltough it bleaches cloth it does no harm to your skin)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

I have used this as a face wash a mask for 5-20mins. That doesn't work. So last night I put this mask on and I was so tired I feel asleep. My boyfriend was like you left that stuff on your face LOL!! When I washed it off my finger touched a bumb and this little yellow hard ball (bacteria) came out ended up with three that surfaced the bacteria. That's amazing! If this has not work for you than do what I did. My skin is really oily! I suggest this is you have super oily skin and have crazy bumps that can't be rid of. I broke out on my entire face so If you have a few bumps just dot it as a spot treatment. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by bluna11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The beat cleanser/mask on the market. Bought this a little over a week before I went on vacation with the hopes of it clearing me out and it did!! I mostly use this as a mask pretty much everyday. This isn't as harsh on the skin like some other reviews suggest and I have somewhat sensitive skin. Try it! Won't wash off your make up that well tho so don't have that expectations.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

I think it's safe to review this now, finally. I've been using this now for almost a month. Out of nowhere my skin literally, FREAKED. Little under-skin bumps all over my cheeks, jawline, forehead, and temples - so pretty much everywhere LOL. It was so sucky, I've dealt w acne before and know how it can and does pretty much suck your confidence away and consume your thoughts so I was really upset. However, thank you to MA I saw good reviews about this guy and I know for a fact that my skin loves BP and reacts really well to it, not so much salicylic acid. So I purchased and use twice daily, once at night and once in the morning. AMAZING. Been almost a month and my skin is almost back to being fully clear again. THANK GOD. Dried me out a little for about a week and then it was fine, that's all part of the process so stick w it. It also has a nice cooling affect to the skin, I love that. Love love love this and wont be going back to anything else! Oh and I also use as a mask after I wash my face with it about twice a week :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is DEFINITELY not for people with sensitive skin. I, luckily, don't have sensitive skin, but even for me sometimes it is a little too much. So, before you come to MakeupAlley whining about it if you knew the effects and read reviews beforehand, just skip this at Walmart and get something that won't irritate your skin.

For me, this stuff works. It does dry out my skin, but if I keep it moisturized, that's not a problem. When I take this off, I can feel it getting rid of some of my acne. I just used it this morning, and my face looks even better than before.