July 30, 2014 | 1222 users online

Loose Powders - Cle de Peau - Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Provides a natural, flawless, wonderful translucent finish with long-lasting quality. Amazing superior quality; extremely silky, lightweight, finely-milled, luxurious, and brings out transparency and luminousity to the skin perfectly. (HK$650/30g, refill HK$470/30g)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 11:58:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

As everyone said, it's a very very exquisite product. It's so finely milled, and feels truly weightless on skin. It looks pink, but the pink color does not appear on skin. My only gripe is that it does not control shine (compared with my previous powder: guerlain les voilettes: which is also very good and controls shine, but not as fine as CdP). Overall a very luxurious product. Hope that it lasts long! **Update** After trying other powders, I do not find that it is so special enough to justify the price. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2006 2:33:00 PM More reviews by wasabi007

Thanks for MUAer Verityhl sending a sample for me to try. I've never thought I will try this loose powder because it is so expensive, USD110. The other reason that hold me back is their color "pink". I am so worry it will give me a white/pink cast. I am an Asian with yellow tone NC25,LSF #5. There is no way to use pink powder (at least not for me). When I received the sample, I put CdP in my right palm and Chantecaille loose powder in left palm. I just feel CdP is more silky than Chantecaille. When I pressed the powder on my face and use the powder brush (TM) to dust the excess. There is no pink cast on my face. It is a transparent,silky gorgeous powder. I am glad I find my HG loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by cristal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I lovethis powder. It's really natural and feels so smooth and silky on the skin. It doesn't seem to control oil very well though, so I need to carry a pressed powder with me for touch-ups. Will definitely repurchase unless I find something equally good for a lower cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2006 7:14:00 PM More reviews by JeanPhilix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are two very good loose powder in the market. One will be Cosme Decorte's AQ range (a high end range from Kose) loose powder and the other will be Cle De Peau.I love the CDP's Loose powder better because it is slightly cheaper. I have bought it in Neiman Marcus for US$100 and believe me its worth it. It's a big box and can last you a long time. It is a luxurious powder, so fine and silky smooth. I only applied it with CDP's primer and it looks so flawless, glowee and natural.You can also apply it with a good tinted moisturiser. The color of the powder may be pinkish but it is absolutely translucent. The refill of the powder can be purchase seperatetly, so the next time when I run out I can just buy the refill and that will cost less! I will definately be buying it again unless there are a better high end product that beat this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by lisaroberts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the rave reviews on MUA, I purchased this product at my local Cle de Peau counter. The MA assured me that I would be pleased, and said that this was the last one she had to sell. I went home and tried it the next day. Two people at work (that hardly ever speak to me) both commented how nice and refreshed I looked. That was a nice surprise! It was only when I got home that I realized that was the first day I had used the CdP powder. It has lasted me 11 months. At first I thought it was really expensive, but, after having it last that long and not purchasing things that just don't work, I think it's an indulgence worth keeping!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by TramP

The search is over! I've found the perfect face powder! My previous favorite was Laura Mercier powder in ivory. This powder beats out Laura's hands down! This looks pink in the container but on the face, it's translucent. I don't mind shedding out the money since the container is huge. Will re-purchase again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by infogirl

I am suprised I have not reviewed this sooner. This was my very first product I purchased based on the reviews from MUA. I am not sorry I spent almost $100 for this since it lasted me almost over a year with everyday use. This is a highly elegant, superior grade pale pink loose powder. I had the Shisiedo loose powder that is pale pinke (the company that owns CDP) and it is laughable how inferior it is next the CDP. This is truly the creme de la creme of powders. It goes on like silk, never looks chalky on my nc 15 skin (which has yellow overtones by the way) and makes me look porcelain perfect. When I wear this I get alot of " you have porcelain skin" comments. This is one of my HG's! It has ok oil control properties but the key with CDP is that it does not cake up like other powders. Also, my skin is VERY sensitive and acneprone. It has never broken me out or irritated my skin- so sensitive girls feel confident it is safe to use( it is without any strong perfume/fragrance which is a huge plus too). If you use setting powder daily, I highly recommend splurging on this product. You will not be disappointed. I personally love CDP for their powders and primers- simply unmatched!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 7:57:00 AM More reviews by lily530

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is REMARKABLE!!!!! I have been waiting for months to try it...and it has definitely lived up to it's reviews. My skin looks GORGEOUS! I am blown away by how perfect a powder can be. The price is nothing to worry over. I needed such a tiny amount to cover my whole face that this will last quite a long time. Normally I don't use puffs that come with powders, but this one I did. It's perfectly soft and blends so beautifully. I'm in love and will never use another powder ever again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by snow_ice

WOW!! What should i say about this product? It's AWESOME!!!!!! EXCELLENT!! That probably explains everything about it. The best and the best loose powder I've ever tried! The particles are so fine, after u put it on your face, it just goes so smooth and give u the flawless look. It's way better than KP loose powder (for those who wants to compare with KP). I know the prices are quite high but it's worth to buy because after you buy this, you will never have to search for another loose powder since it's the best one out there. Will definately repurchase!