Cle de Peau Loose Powder

4.5

Active Ingredient: Purpose Titanium Dioxide 9.9; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Peg-150, Erythritol, Aluminum Distearate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Barium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Prunus Speciosa Leaf Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Isostearic Acid, Trisodium Edta, Tocopherol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alcohol, Talc, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 6/8/2006 3:39:00 PM

Can't live without this powder. I normally stay away from translucents because they give me a white-ish cast, but this one as I'm sure you've heard is different. Yes it's faintly pink, but I think that's what makes it so imperceptible on my face. I'm pale with yellow undertones, and as long as my foundation is appropriately yellow-toned, I don't have a problem. I do wish they'd make a just barely yellow version because I think it would do even more for my coloring than this already does. I look polished and makeup-free! It's so fine in texture that I can really buff it smooth so that even I can't see it with a mirror in the sunshine. You can also poof it on with the awesome puff it comes with for a more finished look. It's truly fantastic and I'll never be without it. EDITED: Looks great in photos! My face looked smooth with a natural sheen, not at all flat or over-powdered. Huge rave!

on 5/31/2006 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Provides a natural, flawless, wonderful translucent finish with long-lasting quality. Amazing superior quality; extremely silky, lightweight, finely-milled, luxurious, and brings out transparency and luminousity to the skin perfectly. (HK$650/30g, refill HK$470/30g)

on 5/28/2006 11:58:00 AM

As everyone said, it's a very very exquisite product. It's so finely milled, and feels truly weightless on skin. It looks pink, but the pink color does not appear on skin. My only gripe is that it does not control shine (compared with my previous powder: guerlain les voilettes: which is also very good and controls shine, but not as fine as CdP). Overall a very luxurious product. Hope that it lasts long! **Update** After trying other powders, I do not find that it is so special enough to justify the price. I would not repurchase.

on 5/15/2006 2:33:00 PM

Thanks for MUAer Verityhl sending a sample for me to try. I've never thought I will try this loose powder because it is so expensive, USD110. The other reason that hold me back is their color "pink". I am so worry it will give me a white/pink cast. I am an Asian with yellow tone NC25,LSF #5. There is no way to use pink powder (at least not for me). When I received the sample, I put CdP in my right palm and Chantecaille loose powder in left palm. I just feel CdP is more silky than Chantecaille. When I pressed the powder on my face and use the powder brush (TM) to dust the excess. There is no pink cast on my face. It is a transparent,silky gorgeous powder. I am glad I find my HG loose powder.

on 5/6/2006 9:37:00 AM

I lovethis powder. It's really natural and feels so smooth and silky on the skin. It doesn't seem to control oil very well though, so I need to carry a pressed powder with me for touch-ups. Will definitely repurchase unless I find something equally good for a lower cost.

on 4/11/2006 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

There are two very good loose powder in the market. One will be Cosme Decorte's AQ range (a high end range from Kose) loose powder and the other will be Cle De Peau.I love the CDP's Loose powder better because it is slightly cheaper. I have bought it in Neiman Marcus for US$100 and believe me its worth it. It's a big box and can last you a long time. It is a luxurious powder, so fine and silky smooth. I only applied it with CDP's primer and it looks so flawless, glowee and natural.You can also apply it with a good tinted moisturiser. The color of the powder may be pinkish but it is absolutely translucent. The refill of the powder can be purchase seperatetly, so the next time when I run out I can just buy the refill and that will cost less! I will definately be buying it again unless there are a better high end product that beat this one.

on 3/13/2006 1:19:00 PM

After reading the rave reviews on MUA, I purchased this product at my local Cle de Peau counter. The MA assured me that I would be pleased, and said that this was the last one she had to sell. I went home and tried it the next day. Two people at work (that hardly ever speak to me) both commented how nice and refreshed I looked. That was a nice surprise! It was only when I got home that I realized that was the first day I had used the CdP powder. It has lasted me 11 months. At first I thought it was really expensive, but, after having it last that long and not purchasing things that just don't work, I think it's an indulgence worth keeping!

on 3/6/2006 6:20:00 PM

The search is over! I've found the perfect face powder! My previous favorite was Laura Mercier powder in ivory. This powder beats out Laura's hands down! This looks pink in the container but on the face, it's translucent. I don't mind shedding out the money since the container is huge. Will re-purchase again for sure!

on 2/18/2006 7:08:00 PM

I am suprised I have not reviewed this sooner. This was my very first product I purchased based on the reviews from MUA. I am not sorry I spent almost $100 for this since it lasted me almost over a year with everyday use. This is a highly elegant, superior grade pale pink loose powder. I had the Shisiedo loose powder that is pale pinke (the company that owns CDP) and it is laughable how inferior it is next the CDP. This is truly the creme de la creme of powders. It goes on like silk, never looks chalky on my nc 15 skin (which has yellow overtones by the way) and makes me look porcelain perfect. When I wear this I get alot of " you have porcelain skin" comments. This is one of my HG's! It has ok oil control properties but the key with CDP is that it does not cake up like other powders. Also, my skin is VERY sensitive and acneprone. It has never broken me out or irritated my skin- so sensitive girls feel confident it is safe to use( it is without any strong perfume/fragrance which is a huge plus too). If you use setting powder daily, I highly recommend splurging on this product. You will not be disappointed. I personally love CDP for their powders and primers- simply unmatched!

on 1/31/2006 7:57:00 AM

This powder is REMARKABLE!!!!! I have been waiting for months to try it...and it has definitely lived up to it's reviews. My skin looks GORGEOUS! I am blown away by how perfect a powder can be. The price is nothing to worry over. I needed such a tiny amount to cover my whole face that this will last quite a long time. Normally I don't use puffs that come with powders, but this one I did. It's perfectly soft and blends so beautifully. I'm in love and will never use another powder ever again!!!!

Recommended for Normal Skin