April 17, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by shaneksgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is an amazing shadow!!! great as a soft wash and can be built up to give a more shimmery effect. i love wearing this all over the lid with a darker colour (eg. Satin Taupe) in the crease. gives just a hint of shimmer and light to your natural skin tone. this is also good as a more natural looking highlight colour.

I bought this shadow as an impulse buy - so glad i did!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by hissy

I agree, this is a great shadow... However, on my skin, Shroom is a close substitute, and I prefer that one over Grain since it is a bit less shimmery. (NC30)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing eyeshadow. Excellent for brightening the inside corner of your eyes. This eyeshadow is not talked a lot about. I would def repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by biancayg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my daily go to eyeshadow. It is completely underrated. It makes a great base color and brightens up my eyes. If I'm in a rush for work or class I can make this color work on its own. I must say that it beats out Naked Lunch for an all over lid color (I use NL as a highlight color alongside Grain). (NC40 for reference)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I reach for this almost everyday...got it in a swap and I am so thankful because I don't think I would have even considered it in the store. It is just slightly darker than my natural skintone so I often wear it as a wash with Blanc Type on the brow. I'm a brown-eyed girl, but I bet this would look amazing on BLUE eyes. It is a beige/ecru color with the slightest peachy brown undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This might sound weird, but I've been looking for an E/S that was the exact color of my eyelid. I'm a MAC NC25/30 and Grain did the trick. It's slightly shimmery, which is why I chose it over similar MAC shades, because my eyes are not very deep-set and matte E/S are bad news for me.

It blends very well and works as a great base allover color for me everyday. I use it often with Ricepaper for the brow and with my favorite MAC crease colors: Expensive Pink, Bronze, Sable, Woodwinked and Brun. (I'm a sucker for browns.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by graceleeroy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty and brightens up my eyes... overall no complaints

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by sportylass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is part of my natural, every day make-up look, with this all over the lid and then Wedge in the crease and/or Espresso as a liner. Its a really nice subtle peachy colour, which looks great on my hazel/green eyes. Its got a nice sheen to it and adds definition to my eyes if worn on its own. A great colour that I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ml1208

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

l-o-v-e this eyeshadow!! i ordered it online after reading the good reviews and i am so happy i did. Im fair, so this shows up a good bronzey color. I use it all over my lid and sometimes add a little touch of naked lunch over it. great color!! will defiantly be repurchasing. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by flyhoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was trying to decide between this and Naked Lunch as a lid/wash of color shadow during my recent Back2MAC exchange. The MUA on duty tried both colors on my lid and this one definitely won out. Perfect as an eye opening pop of color on my lids. Inbetween this and Brule, I'm set as far as neutral lid colors go! I use Brule when I just want a super bright eyed apperance, and Grain when I want a nice, almost peachy brightening pop of color. I'm NC45 for reference.