MAC Satin - Grain

4.5

on 7/26/2010 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this light brown satiny finish eye shadow! I use it as a lid color for a neutral look with some light pink colors and Satin Taupe in the crease and outer v.

on 7/1/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I do not enjoy Grain! It is very close to my skin colour (NW20), so it is great for blending. But there is nothing interesting about the colour for me. I do not regret purchasing this eyeshadow but I would not buy it again.

on 6/27/2010 1:05:00 AM

Great eye shadow. Nice "glowy" effect without being too shimmery. I am an NC15 so this is a perfect lid color on me, I just add charcoal brown in the crease and add liner and I am good to go. To look at this color against all the other more dramatic colors that MAC has to offer you wouldn't necessarily pick it up but I tried this based on a tutorial by "makeupbytiffanyd" and I am so happy that I bought it.

I highly recommend this if you have fair to medium toned skin as a lid color, could possibly be used as a highlight on darker skin.

on 6/15/2010 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I think I would like Grain if it didn't have the icy shimmer to it, but then I dont think the stronger beige tones work with my cool skin. I have tons of other similar shades that are much more flattering than Grain.
If you own Vanilla, Tissueweight, Blanc Type, Orb, Bisque, Brule Yougurt, Malt, Chamomile.....etc I own them all and beleive me I wouldn't mind adding another shadow.........but Grain just does not work for me, I think this would be very flattering on someone with brown eyes and maybe a warmer skin tone or perhaps someone that uses a lot of brown shades like Cork, Wedge, Omega then if those work for you Grain is a must. Im giving this 3 lippies because its a pretty shade but not for me. Sadly Grain will go back.

on 5/26/2010 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This was everything I wanted All That Glitters to be, it's satin finish so there's a slight sheen. It has become my everyday neutral look with Saddle or Cork in the crease. Great highlighter, just overall awesome!

on 5/26/2010 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is an amazing shadow!!! great as a soft wash and can be built up to give a more shimmery effect. i love wearing this all over the lid with a darker colour (eg. Satin Taupe) in the crease. gives just a hint of shimmer and light to your natural skin tone. this is also good as a more natural looking highlight colour.

I bought this shadow as an impulse buy - so glad i did!

on 4/27/2010 1:25:00 AM

I agree, this is a great shadow... However, on my skin, Shroom is a close substitute, and I prefer that one over Grain since it is a bit less shimmery. (NC30)

on 3/20/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is an amazing eyeshadow. Excellent for brightening the inside corner of your eyes. This eyeshadow is not talked a lot about. I would def repurchase again.

on 3/16/2010 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my daily go to eyeshadow. It is completely underrated. It makes a great base color and brightens up my eyes. If I'm in a rush for work or class I can make this color work on its own. I must say that it beats out Naked Lunch for an all over lid color (I use NL as a highlight color alongside Grain). (NC40 for reference)

on 3/13/2010 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I reach for this almost everyday...got it in a swap and I am so thankful because I don't think I would have even considered it in the store. It is just slightly darker than my natural skintone so I often wear it as a wash with Blanc Type on the brow. I'm a brown-eyed girl, but I bet this would look amazing on BLUE eyes. It is a beige/ecru color with the slightest peachy brown undertones.