October 24, 2014 | 1094 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

I think I would like Grain if it didn't have the icy shimmer to it, but then I dont think the stronger beige tones work with my cool skin. I have tons of other similar shades that are much more flattering than Grain.
If you own Vanilla, Tissueweight, Blanc Type, Orb, Bisque, Brule Yougurt, Malt, Chamomile.....etc I own them all and beleive me I wouldn't mind adding another shadow.........but Grain just does not work for me, I think this would be very flattering on someone with brown eyes and maybe a warmer skin tone or perhaps someone that uses a lot of brown shades like Cork, Wedge, Omega then if those work for you Grain is a must. Im giving this 3 lippies because its a pretty shade but not for me. Sadly Grain will go back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was everything I wanted All That Glitters to be, it's satin finish so there's a slight sheen. It has become my everyday neutral look with Saddle or Cork in the crease. Great highlighter, just overall awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by shaneksgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is an amazing shadow!!! great as a soft wash and can be built up to give a more shimmery effect. i love wearing this all over the lid with a darker colour (eg. Satin Taupe) in the crease. gives just a hint of shimmer and light to your natural skin tone. this is also good as a more natural looking highlight colour.

I bought this shadow as an impulse buy - so glad i did!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by hissy

I agree, this is a great shadow... However, on my skin, Shroom is a close substitute, and I prefer that one over Grain since it is a bit less shimmery. (NC30)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing eyeshadow. Excellent for brightening the inside corner of your eyes. This eyeshadow is not talked a lot about. I would def repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by biancayg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my daily go to eyeshadow. It is completely underrated. It makes a great base color and brightens up my eyes. If I'm in a rush for work or class I can make this color work on its own. I must say that it beats out Naked Lunch for an all over lid color (I use NL as a highlight color alongside Grain). (NC40 for reference)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I reach for this almost everyday...got it in a swap and I am so thankful because I don't think I would have even considered it in the store. It is just slightly darker than my natural skintone so I often wear it as a wash with Blanc Type on the brow. I'm a brown-eyed girl, but I bet this would look amazing on BLUE eyes. It is a beige/ecru color with the slightest peachy brown undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This might sound weird, but I've been looking for an E/S that was the exact color of my eyelid. I'm a MAC NC25/30 and Grain did the trick. It's slightly shimmery, which is why I chose it over similar MAC shades, because my eyes are not very deep-set and matte E/S are bad news for me.

It blends very well and works as a great base allover color for me everyday. I use it often with Ricepaper for the brow and with my favorite MAC crease colors: Expensive Pink, Bronze, Sable, Woodwinked and Brun. (I'm a sucker for browns.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by graceleeroy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty and brightens up my eyes... overall no complaints

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by sportylass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is part of my natural, every day make-up look, with this all over the lid and then Wedge in the crease and/or Espresso as a liner. Its a really nice subtle peachy colour, which looks great on my hazel/green eyes. Its got a nice sheen to it and adds definition to my eyes if worn on its own. A great colour that I would buy again.