August 23, 2014 | 1943 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Solano - HAI Convertable Flat Iron

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by katiekoeb

Hi everyone! I was hoping you could help me out. Because of all the rave reviews I ordered this iron- I got in on Amazon for $50 from a dealer named "Discount Jungle". I received the iron with no packing slip or receipt, which made me a little skeptical. Anyone who still has their iron's box or remembers what it looks like, could you help me? The one I got is blue-ish, with a city skyline with random metallic windows on the left, A circle on top that says "Hai Classic", a picture of the iron on the right and the word "Convertable" in metallic coppery-orange on the bottom right half. Did I get the right iron? The box does not say "solano" or anything on it- did I get ripped off? Please let me know ASAP, thanks so much MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sarahannej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! That is really all I can say. I purchased this after reading all the reviews and now that I have it......I couldn't be more pleased. My old flat iron (that I paid $125.00 for- it's a cricket) didn't do 1/4 of what this does. My hair was straight in about 5 minutes and I have already had 4 compliments on it today (and it's only noon!). I used to spend about 30 minutes to flat iron. Now it SERIOUSLY takes about 5. I purchased mine on amazon.com and paid about 55 bucks. I can't believe that I struggled for so long with a crappy flat iron (and I didn't even know it was crappy until I bought this new wonderful one!). WOW!!! You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT! I have long wavy thick hair, and this makes it look beautifully straight! In fact my mom just said that my hair doesn't even look real when I use this. It makes it really smooth and not frizzy like my old hot tools. The best flat iron out there. One question though....How the heck do you curl with it?
UPDATE: I learned how to curl with it:) Just go to youtube, they have some pretty good videos that show u how to do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by twopartsglue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! I really did my research before investing, thanks so much to the other reviewers! you saved me lots of time & money. I ordered mine from ebay for $77 USD, and after customs and such, it came out to just over $100 CAD, which isn't that bad. I looked around in beautty supply stores here (toronto) and couldn't find even a similar product for under $200. I have short hair, done in <5 minutes. To really test it, I tried it on my sister's long, messy hair and it was stick straight in under 10 minutes! Love the long , pivoting cord too. Just watch out if you have a habit of combing your hair with your fingers after straightening, it gets HOT. And it did heat up in seconds.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by superfille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair looks beautiful, and it took 10 minutes. Don't bother with any other flat iron. Love this thing! Thanks MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ljavy8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this flat iron! I don't know what took me so long to buy it. I was a little scared that I would fry my hair but it leaves it shiny and soft. My hair is much less puffy than it used to be and even on a rainy day I don't get any frizzes! Definitely use a serum or some kind of protectant before using it though. I bought mine on Overstock.com for $85 + a 2 year warranty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2007 4:14:00 AM More reviews by spidina

Thank you fellow MUAers!! After reading your review, I finally decided to buy my first ever flat iron (yeah, I'm a little slow to catch on). I bought the Hai convertable on ebay for about $60 (with shipping). I like tge temperature dial but just wish the dial and power switch were on the outside of the iron instead of inside. On dry hair, I'll spray V05 Miracle Mist and then run the iron through. I can't believe how easy it is. This has cut back on the morning prep time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 12:58:00 PM More reviews by auddity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am currently on my second HAI Convertable and I love it. The CHI leaves my hair a bit too dry; the Solia didn't straighten it quite as well and was awkward to hold. The HAI is lightweight enough to hold, but it works. It doesn't have those exposed plates on the side like the CHI does, so you don't burn your ears or fingers when straightening your hair. Also, the HAI is espensive, but not ridiculously expensive (like some of the CHIs are, or the FHI) and it doesn't melt or fall apart or anything. Cheaper irons, like Conair, often snag on my hair or don't straighten it well at all. The HAI is gentle, not too damaging, and leaves my hair soft and shiny. I will definitely buy a new one when this one breaks! (My old one lasted about 3 years. It still works, but the cord came loose and you had to hold it in while straightening. No risk of exposed wires or anything, just not a steady electric connection. I gave it to a friend who doesn't mind and bought a new one.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really an excellent flat iron. I have naturally curly hair that is past my shoulders. I've used flat irons by FHI, Solia, T3, CHI and HAI.... my absolute hands-down favorite is the Chi Turbo but I will be honest say the HAI Convertable is really an excellent flat iron at a fabulous price. It gets my hair smooth, shiny, swingy and bouncy in only a single pass. I don't have to go over the same section of hair multiple times... just once and my hair looks great. The results are DEFINITELY BETTER THAN THE SOLIA which some people seem to love but I think it's just an average iron. Based on the results for my hair, he HAI Convertable iron is far superior to the Solia, that is for sure!!! This is a very nice iron for curling too. If you don't know how to curl with a flat iron, check out YouTube for some good video-tutorials. I've seen this iron for $50 on ebay and $75 on Folica.com - I would recommend this iron to anyone who wants good performance without the huge price tag! I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by achat

wow my stylist used this & i was shocked how soft & silky & smooth and stick straight it made my hair. my hair texture seems transformed after using this & its stood up a lot of humidity w/o any silicone products. I was using a solia before but i'm now switching to the hai convertable!