November 28, 2014 | 1071 users online

Blush - Pixi - Cheek Gel Blush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought my first cheek gel in "Natural" based off of Lisa Eldridge's amazing tutorial which included it, and I couldn't be happier. This gives an amazing glow, and it's perfect for my travel bag. I'm always trying to find things that I can put into an easy travel routine, and for my face, I've come up with the essentials being MUFE F&B, followed by this on my cheeks, and ELF "spotlight" highlighter on cheek bones. That's all, face completely done after that! All applied with my fingers, to make things easier. The only thing I didn't love was the price...I know, I can't complain because it's a great product, but $18 for Target is pretty pricey. I ended up searching on Ebay for this and found it for $10 or something like that. Staying power is wonderful, melts right into your skin, and it doesn't dry super-quick like I felt Benetint did. I can actually work with this, massage it into my skin and not feel like it's going to dry me out or leave a stain if I didn't rub in quickly enough.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lisalibrary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Flushed is dark and on my pale skin looks great! I also use it to stain my lips. When I apply this blush I rub it into my cheeks, then I add my foundation. It gives a perfect flushed look!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I have this in Flushed (the bright red one). I'm kind of on the fence about how much I like this product.

PROS: As a gel in a squeeze-y tube, it's super easy to apply and easy to carry around in your purse. I just take a small drop (emphasis on small) and dab it around my cheek area. It's a super subtle, natural look so if you really want the red to show up, you may have to layer / add more. The best thing about this product is that it REALLY helps your powder blushes last if you layer them on top. I think it adds at least a few hours to most of my powder blushes!

CONS: I've noticed that it takes off any concealer I put underneath it, so due to this, it can emphasize acne scars and dark spots. Sometimes that can make any powder blushes you add on top look splotchy. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not typically a blush user, and I never wore blush on a daily basis ntil I purchased this. I was a little shocked when I saw the sample tubes, because the colors look unnatural. I only tested it to see how anyone would even buy such outrageous colors, but to my suprise, they applied gorgeously and naturally. I am very light skinned, so I stayed away from flushed, but I purchased rosy and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. $18 dollars is pricey, especially for a makeup item at target, but its definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 6:11:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful cheek colour. I saw it on a Lisa Eldridge video and I went to Boots to try it. There are 4 colours and even if in the tube they look shocking when applied they are very sheer and natural. I am hooked. The price is reasonable: 12.50 for 11.34 grams. I need a very tiny dot and it would last me for ages. I have NC15 complexion and I use the colour in Natural. It imparts a very healthy rosey flush. It is buildable and does not look clowny. It does not leave streaks and it is like the flush is coming from within. I apply it either with fingers or a foundation brush. The staying power is impressive. Better than Becca and Nars cream blushes. I tried it also on the lips, but it is too dry.
Highly recommended. HG material. I wish Pixi did a similar long stay power product for the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

This stuff is magical!! Definitely applies easier with a brush and blending out but the formula is great - lasts all day and gives the cheek a nice healthy glow without being greasy or dry. Love!! Also, does not make my eczema flare up or skin itch..something I have trouble with in a lot of blush. Can't wait to try all the colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with the other reviewers that this is nonsticky and moisturizing, as well as good for sensitive skin types. I only wish I had chosen a different color than sunkissed- I was hoping to use it as a bronzer but it is too reddish for my skintone. I am half asian with a golden complexion, and rosy/reddish hues tend to look unnatural on me, but I'm sure it would be a decent contour/blusher color for someone with more beige coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot live without this stuff. I had never tried a cheek or lip stain before so I was curious. I saw this at Target and there was a sample available, so I tried it on my hand. I didn't notice any difference on my hand so I grabbed a brush out of my makeup travel bag and applied it onto my cheekies. Whoa nelly, it look beautiful. It gives a beautiful, glowing color without making me look like a clown. I purchased the bronze color and couldn't be more satisfied. I love bronzer, but I hate the shimmers and sometimes bronzer looks a little to obvious and overdone. This gives me a more than natural look without the negative extras. I use it in conjunction with a peach blush and a tiny bit of liquid highlighter and the result is perfection. I looks like a professional did my make up. I was hesitant to apply with my fingers so I'm glad I tried a brush first. I now apply it with a small stippling brush. I'll put some product on my hand and about three dabs on my cheeks. I then use the brush to pick up the residual stain on my hand and then just buff it in. I am so in love with this cheek stain. Perfect color, easy to apply and it will last a long time because less is more with this stuff. It is easy to cross the line with to much color into clown world. I'm so glad I bought this and I definitely will be buying this again. I really like all of the Pixi products as well. I own a few other things and I am not disappointed. Their packaging is super cute and durable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by lateshoes

I love this more than I should.

It gives a very lovely, natural flush and while you don't want to be a slow-poke about it - you have a lot more time to work the product into your skin than with say, a liquid cheek stain.

Lovely

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I love this! I have it in Flushed and it looks really natural. (NC15) I apply it, and then a few minutes later apply it again or I find it's not dark enough. This is all I have been using lately. I love it.