April 20, 2014 | 909 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by rallu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream improved my cuticles and nail bed a little but it is very very sticky. I can use it only at bedtime and sometimes when I wake up in the morning the cream is still there. I either use too much or this cream never absorbs. I tried using it all over my hands and it did not moisturize them at all. I probably wonít purchase again because there are so many others on the market and I would like to find a good ďhands and nailsĒ cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Isbl816

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Dior Apricot Creme for several years and find it very helpful. I have recommended it to several people who now use it, but the only thing is it quite expensive if compared to other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by gboneske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

There ought to be a he!! yes option for repurchase. I got this on a whim after reading sephora reviews. A lot of people were using this on their lips in the winter, and my lips and hands chap year round (very sensitive skin). After one use that lasted all day on my lips they are baby soft and my nails look a lot better than they did this morning.

This is definately a night product - it is very tacky. But a little goes a long way and it replaced two products for me, so it isn't that bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim after trying it in Sephora. The little white jar is retro and adorable. Though jars are not the most hygienic it looks cute on my nightstand (if that counts for anything). The smell is a little odd; like I mixed fruit punch with paraffin wax and my Lansinoh lanolin (lanolin is the main ingredient). Itís not a foul smell, just odd. This is messy and sticky, so only dap a little out of the jar at a time (itís much easier to get more than try to scrape some back into the jar). You really have to massage it in and push the cuticles back. Then I liberally apply my favorite, rich hand cream (Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Hand Cream), and go to bed. This really needs to be the last step before bed, as your fingertips will still be a little tacky (plus lanolin is a known pore-clogger). The morning after the first application, my nails seem a bit more pliable, and the sheen I had from buffing them a few days before has returned. The rough, ragged skin all around my nails is softened, and isnít flaking. After a week of all this work, my cuticles are softer and less ragged. Pushing them back is easier and my nails even seemed to grow faster (I have fast-growing, thick nails anyway). I like that this can be used while wearing polish, and it doesnít interfere with the life of a manicure (it doesnít extend or shorten it). Iíll keep using this and thankfully the jar will last a long time. Once gone, I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Totally worth the money. Moisturizes the cuticles and keeps them from peeling and bleeding. Within a few days of using this your nails will look like you get manicures regularly. I also love the retro white container. Some people complain about the smell but it's not going on your face so I don't know why you'd care about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by andrea171

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly, the price is ridiculous but it really does work. I've used just about every cuticle cream/balm/oil out there and nothing really helped until this. It smells like vintage makeup and it's super tacky in texture and it's my new favourite thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

While purchasing for some recent items at the Dior counter, I caught sight of this, sitting in a stand-alone display with the rose balm for lips. The SA raved about it; the product's been around for years, she said, and people are addicted to it. Passing her raves off as just another sales tactic, I walked away without it. Curiosity had me Google the little sucker; it wasn't long before I was back at the counter, tail between my legs, asking the SA to wrap it up.

I blame my water intake (or lack thereof) on terribly dry, raggedy nails. I used to use The Body Shop's almond cuticle balm, before they reformulated it into an oil, packaged in a click-pen format. Nothing since has helped my nails, not even Lush's famed Lemony Flutter, which worked for a while, and then stopped. I also tired quickly of its Lemon Pledge scent, and the fact the tub is huge - it's not exactly a purse friendly product. Not Dior's creme; the small, lip balm sized pot fits perfectly in any bag or clutch. Even a coat pocket.

With two applications of this cream, my nails were transformed. I no longer sport embarrassing, handyman cuticles. Yes, this stuff is sticky - it's like oily glue - but the key is to apply very, very sparingly. I take the tiniest dab from a corner, on to my pinky finger, and apply only what I've picked up on every single nail bed. Believe me, it's enough. This application method helps prevent sticky oil prints over everything, and it absorbs very quickly - all while still repairing the cuticle and nail.

I can't speak to the added nail strength, as my nails are pretty strong to begin with, but I can say that with daily use, I never need worry about my cuticles looking poorly groomed and dry. It's like having a manicure done daily. At $30 CDN (after Ontario taxes), it seems like a bit of an investment to begin with, but it's so worth it, if you can swing it, and if you have a tendency toward terrible cuticles like I do.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by ChristieK23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Every product of Dior that I've tried has been simply amazing and this nail creme is awesome beyond words!

I don't have a problem growing my nails out, I can get them long but I have problems keeping them that way because they're so weak. I'll have all 10 fingers the length I want them and then I'll break 1 or 2 and then it's all downhill from there and I'm back where I started. I've tried every drugstore creme, oil and polish treatment and nothing works. I've used OPI's nail envy for a month and still nothing worth noticing.

But this product changed all that, I've been using it for a little over 2 weeks now, applying is every night before bed and I have to say the results are amazing.My nails are noticeably longer and a heck of a lot stronger. Also, my cuticles are in the best shape they've ever been in and I look like I get a manicure everyday with how healthy my cuticles and nails look.

At over $20 a pot it's darn right expensive, BUT the results are amazing and this lasts a long freaking time. I could probably get almost a year if not more out of it because you need so little. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than all those bottles of Nail Envy and every oil and other cream on the planet because now I'm down to one product.

The smell is slightly odd but nothing I can't handle and the product is a thick, sticky, gooey pink mess but hey, it works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I like this because it's so thick and moisturing and really pretty to look at! It's in a classic white pot and does the trick....pricey though since I've used one that's almost exactly the same from sally hansen...though it's been a VERY long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First time I opened this I thought it had gone bad. The smell is very strange and this stuff is oily and greasy as all get down. If you apply this at night im sure it would be ok, but during the day for me it was a no go as i left oil prints on everything and having a blackberry with a trackball... forget about it.